Narwhal

Dream scenario for RUS

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

I am not a RUS modder, I am pretty bad at modding in general, but I am just throwing an idea of something I would love to see, even though, of course, 100% of the actual work needed would have to be done by somewhat who is not me (for now - once I stop postponing my Natchez mod, I may try it - but given it looks extremely complex I won't go beyond).

It would be a RUS Grand Campaign where each vaguely significant faction (except Green) and even some subfactions (Finland / Balts / ...) would be playable by a player from the very moment they appear.

For instance, a Grand Campaign starts normally with the Red, the Southern White (including Don) and the Siberian White (so 3 players). Northern and/or Northerwestern white appear - a new player is called - now it is a 4 players games. Anarchist sub-faction appears, a new player is called - now it is a 5 player games. Baltic states activate - 6 player games. Anarchists fumble and are wiped out - 5 players game again. Then Finland, then Poland...

At to this all the interesting factions created by the Fatal Year mods : Baltic Germans for instance...

Basically, the "minor" players would have to be content with their limited objectives, but as far as I concerne playing Anarchist, Balts or Finland "only" is not a problem. After all, playing Sertorius in AJE is only playing in Spain.

That would make outstanding AAR, fun negotiation, and generally speaking a lot of lulz...

deguerra
Major

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Ooo, I do like this idea.

1. Is there a current engine command or somesuch to make a minor playable in an ongoing game?

2. If yes, I suppose your proposal is to give all the minors the various player actions etc needed to make them actually 'playable' rather than just playable?

-deguerra

P.S. I must take this opportunity to express my vast admiration for your and Loki's AARs and thank you for providing me with such a great source of pleasure, learning and entertainment!

Leibst

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 am

imo it is not so easy to do that but maybe i take a time to think about it.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 am

Narwhal wrote:It would be a RUS Grand Campaign where each vaguely significant faction and even some subfactions would be playable by a player from the very moment they appear.
That would make outstanding AAR, fun negotiation, and generally speaking a lot of lulz...

Yes, it somewhat goes to the game I always wanted to do: a political wargame about Ukraine 1918-1921, with up to 14 players, with assassination orders, negotiation parties, alcool trap, etc lol

Narwhal

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

Leibstandarte wrote:imo it is not so easy to do that but maybe i take a time to think about it.

Well, I am waiting for the SCW mod with complete impatience, so I prefer you don't take the time :mdr: :coeurs:

BCuda
Conscript

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Great idea! It would interesting to play for Anarchists

Return to “RUS Mods”