Clovis

Mod RUS

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 am

Hi,

In this file, I've reated a few variation for Poland diplomatic interaction with Whites and Red in the historical scenario. In the current game, Poland can't be attacked by the REds, and can't enter in war before 1920, which is both blatantly unhistorical and unsatisfactory for gameplay purpose.

So Poland will possibly enter the war soosner, or may be attacked by Reds ( tothe price of 45 EP....) or ally with Southern Whites.

There are possibly some bugs , and I plan moreover to develop a little the current diplomatic options I fond to be rather blend and without real gameplay value in the current game.

Installation:

_ unzip the contents of the Events folder in the RUS/Events directory
_ unzip the contents of the setting Folder in the RUS/ Settings folder

The backup folder has the original files for those wanting to remove the mod.
Attachments
mod rus.zip
(492.21 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 am

It 's great :)
but it gives script error in first turns as Reds.
"Started processing event: evt_nam_POL_PolandIsAttacked2
Line 9773: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 1"

and "end event command, no event was being parsed."
Do they important?

Edit: or I can close full debug for eternity :D
thanks for your mod, I wll test it.

Edit 2: Thanks clovis.

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 am

Baris wrote:It 's great :)
but it gives script error in first turns as Reds.
"Started processing event: evt_nam_POL_PolandIsAttacked2
Line 9773: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 1"

and "end event command, no event was being parsed."
Do they important?

yes :D . I will upload something better.

I believe I uploaded old files :bonk: but it's too late to check. I will upload the right files tmorrow after some new tests.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 pm

OK I've found the right files. see first post. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 pm

More to come in the next weeks :

- evnts giving to each White factions essages about success and failures of the other factions
- possibility for Red to raise lthe cost needed for Whites to ally with minor states by doing diplomatic concessions
- integration of some OOB proposals made in the main forum :)

More news and new modded files soon here:
http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

See you soon :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

2 screens of the RUS AI mod available at my blog ( see my sig)

September 18 Siberian White AI against Red AI:

Siberian AI has moved all its forces n the Ural/Volga aera. Ekaterinburg and Ufa has fallen to Whites, andAI is trying to capture Kazan from the South. But it's checked by Red AI which has placed large forces around Kazan and is occupying as much as possible the aera between Perm and Ekaterinbur. Note the Sib AI will not always go on Kazan. It's deliberate. Whatever the fun, the 300 gold of the Gold Train aren't much bigger than the 20 regularly received by events for Whites. And historically, the loss of the Golden Train wasn' t for the Reda fatal blow, as they won th Civil War ;-). The Kazan -Moscow road can be replaced by the Penza-Moscow one too, and variability is for AI one morel chance to survive against human player.

South: Red AI against me: The AI has logically concluded to the necessity of a strategica withdrawal toward Tzaritsyn...

[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Turn 4:
I looks promising with Rus mod 4,
in very early stages of the game, Russian AI responding much quicker to my offensive moves as playing with Sıb white. North and south Volga, Even they have few men, engine adapting well to situation. It looks units moving with more concentrated and tight.

[ATTACH]14184[/ATTACH]

Turn 9:
Trotski forces closing in from Tanbov.

Kazan is under siege by General Almazov's second in command Garkin for 2 turns. There was a battle in Kazan against 3-star Bonch Bruevic. Kamenev army is just near the Kazan region. 2-3 gunboats patrolling around volga. SB NM 133 while red have 86:

[ATTACH]14186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14187[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic4.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 am

Cordell
Sergeant

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:51 am

Should we consider this mod like a kind of beta that could be included in some future official patch?

If i install it will it break the game if i applied the future official patch?

Sorry if those questions sounds weird but i am really not good with this technical issues...

Athens
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:21 am

Cordell wrote:Should we consider this mod like a kind of beta that could be included in some future official patch?

no

Cordell wrote:
If i install it will it break the game if i applied the future official patch?

You may have as much copies of Revolution Under Siege or any other AGEOD games on your Harddidsk. So you may both have an official version and another modded, in 2 separate directories.

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Clovis, usually I am a great fan of your work, but after trying out version 6 of your mod, I think you released this one prematurely.
The AI was excellent. However, events and options were somewhat messy.

The alliance with the Polish event doesn't work at all. A lot of event strings are not defined.

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 pm

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Ready for Prime Time?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi Clovis: in YHO is this game ready in its current state of development to be purchased by a person who is not a GEEK, i,e, me? Tagwyn :confused:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 am

Thanks the Team and Clovis to bring us very addictive game :) It is very well designed and innovative, worth the purchase and only minor issues remain.

I was experimenting with Clovis new mod and it is late october 1918, When I have used the new politic option "Allied intervention" I got an error after turn processing and I still got 1 "allied intervention pts" . There was no script line as "101185" so I posted the error in mainlog if it is important

04:26:21 [Error ] TAreas.Get Out of bounds Area UID 154
04:26:21 [Critical ] TScriptEngine.Parse Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 007568C8 dans le module 'RUS.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000044 while parsing line 101185 : SelectRegInArea

Edit: Error occurs everyturn. I think it is not related to "allied intervention" as it is now 2 pts. On a side note Reds captured Samara and things not going well for Siberians. It will be more difficult for me to stop reds :)
Edit 2: There is script problem in message log as opt_noty CMN red popaganda 1

There is another error as
06:06:50 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 5 StartEvent = evt_nam_AI_REDouterzonespe|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL
06:06:50 [Error ] TAreas.Get Out of bounds Area UID 154

this one was said as error, above error were critical according to script report.
Also after turn processing I havent got a message about "Allied intervention level" in the log.

Athens
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:09 am

Athens
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:52 pm

New version of the mod released here:
http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/rule-of-fatal-years-incoming-version/

New rules :

1) An Allied Intervention level exists henceforth, stepped up of 0 to 10.A level 8 or superior to get the help of the foreign troops, a level 3 or superior to get from Western Powers of money is necessary and resources.

The level of departure is 10 and will vary according to random events, that represent the consequences of the hesitations allied between to fight Communism and to put an end to the war. Every player can also buy by option an influence on the level.

2) Out of the coastal areas, the French and Greek troops risk to be immobilized more often during a turn. This rule doesn't apply to the artificial intelligence. This rule represents the risk due to the low state of mind to get involved more in the civil war.

3) The armored trains have henceforth the capacity to repair the railroad tracks automatically. This rule of the official game didn't function because of a bug

5) The entry of the Polish in the war can occurr henceforth in 1919. The Communists can attack Poland since 1919, but the cost is raised

6) Some spying events have been introduced: every faction can get a spy who will give some indications on the enemy in his zone.

7) Each white faction will be able to receive some messages on successes and reverses of the other white faction: level of National Moral , important victories or defeats, and sometimes, possibility to see in detail the position of their units

8) Various improvements for the AI, that builds units better, defends Tzaritsyn better, etc. The anarchist faction had major bugs, probably present in the official version, that are now fixed

Example of Siberian and Red AIs fighting each other on the Volga during Summer 18

9) The Decision is regional Reforms and Tcheka are a little more expensive.

Janohito
Private

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Played this mod as southern whites and I really liked it. It is more challenging and interesting than vanilla version in my opinion.
So I would like to ask, how can I receive intervention forces? At the start of the game, intervention level was 10 buy I didnt received any reinforcements at all. At the start of 1919 it dropped to 0. At the game log it says that allies are going to withdraw soon and stop giving any help. Using option of +1 intervention didnt help.

Athens
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Janohito wrote:Played this mod as southern whites and I really liked it. It is more challenging and interesting than vanilla version in my opinion.
So I would like to ask, how can I receive intervention forces? At the start of the game, intervention level was 10 buy I didnt received any reinforcements at all. At the start of 1919 it dropped to 0. At the game log it says that allies are going to withdraw soon and stop giving any help. Using option of +1 intervention didnt help.

Post the save for a fix ;)

Janohito
Private

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Sure, there is the save
Attachments
Grand Campaign1.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 257 times

Athens
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Janohito wrote:Sure, there is the save

Thanks. Next version on the blog tonight or tomorrow,with bug fix and the first steps of a better treatment of BaltIc States events.

For your game, use this file ( it will reset the Allied Intervention level to 9). You're about to take Tzaritsyn ;) Beware of Trotsky in Ukraine and don't exect too much in the North....
http://cid-f2e0d7dbcedffac0.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/RUS%20All%20Scenarios.rar

Athens
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:33 pm

New version of the Fatal Years mod available here:

http://moddercorner.com/2011/01/04/new-version-of-fatal-years-mod/

What's new?

Improved Red, Siberian and Polish AI
Fixed a major bug for Anarchist faction, reducing the ANA AI to...nothing.
Fixed bugs in new events

New rules

1) An Allied Intervention level exists henceforth, stepped up of 0 to 10.A level 8 or superior to get the help of the foreign troops, a level 3 or superior to get from Western Powers of money is necessary and resources.
The level of departure is 10 and will vary according to random events, that represent the consequences of the hesitations allied between to fight Communism and to put an end to the war. Every player can also buy by option an influence on the level.
2) Out of the coastal areas, the French and Greek troops risk to be immobilized more often during a turn. This rule doesn’t apply to the artificial intelligence. This rule represents the risk due to the low state of mind to get involved more in the civil war.
3) The armored trains have henceforth the capacity to repair the railroad tracks automatically. This rule of the official game didn’t function because of a bug
5) The entry of the Polish in the war can occurred henceforth in 1919. The Communists can attack Poland since 1919, but the cost is raised of it.
6) Some spying events have been introduced: every faction can get a spy who will give some indications on the enemy in his/her/its zone.
7) Every white faction will be able to receive some messages on successes and reverses of the other white faction: level of National Moral , important victories or defeats, and sometimes, possibility to see in detail the position of their units
8) Various improvements of have it, that builds units better, defends Tzaritsyn better, etc. The anarchist faction had major bugs, probably present in the official version, that are now fixed
9) The Decision is regional Reforms and Tcheka are a little more expensive.
10) New diplomatic option for Red faction : Bosheviks may now conclude peace with Baltic States.
How it works?
First you must be at war with Baltic States since 10 turns at least( this rule is destined to avoid any cheating by declaring war then immediatly peace).
Then Reds can’t conclude peace if they control the major cities of the Baltic States…

These cities will be marked with a red cross in a triangle icon.

Why? The AGE system doesn’t allow negociations and compromises, so only 2 situations can be figured: major victory or major defeat. If Reds are winning, so they may govern the Balts areas ( requisitions, conscriptions), so there’s no need to create a peace event representing such a situation. On the contrary, total defeat may be an incentive for Reds to sign peace…

How it works? When peace is signed, all Baltic States revert back to unplayable regions. Any unit on these territories will be removed permanently of the game ( so be cautious; White AI shouldn’t send much troops here, and if some elements are trapped, let’s say Balts are ending any help to Whites in exchange of peace).

Reds will lose some National Morale, many VP too.

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 pm

This video shows a new feature of the mod: I’m playing Southern Whites and has fired a random event removing Fog of war about Siberian. So I will see during the turn resolution the battles and movements of this other White faction.

You may then watch the Siberian AI attacking the Bolshevik AI. Whites are trying to seize Kazan, Saratov and Tambov, but the Reds aren’t helpless… Both AI performs very well and it’s a real pleasure to watch them acting convincingly during the summer of 1918 on the Volga bend…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5v9uSuGF4Q

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

new version of the Fatal Years mod coontaining several fixes to bugs signaled by Baris. This new version is compatable with ongoing game. It can be downloaded from the Mod Box at your left.
A big thanks for Baris as usual :-) Baris should quickly retreat from the Petrograd area however….

http://moddercorner.com/2011/01/06/fatal-years-mod-fixes/

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 am

Recognition of the independences by the White player :

In the official version, this event presents two major shortcomings: it is historically unbelievable and it ruins the balance of the game.

Indeed, while applying a penalty of -40 to NM, the official version limits the option to a winning white player. Only such a situation permits to support such a decrease. However, it is absolutely unlikely that the White carrying away would have granted their independence to the minorities of the former Empire. On the other hand, a white player in such a situation only has interest to play this option, since the penalty will be compensated by the contribution of numerous troops and placed ideally, around Petrograd.

So the Fatal Years new rules:
1) The NM level of Southern White is superior to 75: the option lowers NM by 20 immediately. BUT so much that NM level of Southern White remains under 115, this one loses every three months 10 NM.
Thus, the white player should bet on the future: will the renforts allow him them to recover the level that permits to avoid the penalty quickly or will his NM descend it inexorably?

2) The NM level of Southern White is lower to 75: the option lowers NM by 10 immediately. BUT so much that NM level of Southern White remains under 100, this one loses every three months 5 NM.
The penalties are less strong, but the white player is already weak, and at risk of the same progressive elimination. However, the option remains possible for a hard pressed player, without becoming a no brainer under of 60, with a risk of defeat here very strong.

Explanations: besides the aspects of obvious balancing, that make that the option becomes only attractive after mid game or in case of situation of weakness characterized, the historic explanation can sum up thus: the core hard of white support doesn't immediately divert itself from the leader who dared to jeopardize empire, but detaches itself slowly, except if the victory satisfies it. It explains the lower penalty if the NM is already weak, the NM level representing the core hard of the support existing then.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Raidhaennor
Private

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:04 pm

This sounds very good, and I completely agree with your thinking. I haven't tried your mod yet, as I have still a grand campaign going on ; but as soon as it's finished, I very much look forward to giving a run.

Thanks for all your work.

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:24 pm

The Siberian player and his subfactions

To the difference of the two other factions, the Siberian side must figure the extreme diversity of his units; this diversity covers with the antagonisms very strong that mined the Kolchak’s effort of war that never (and didn't try besides) succeeded in surmounting these internal oppositions in the reality.

To simplify, the Siberian player has two main groups: the first compound of the Legion Czech and the troops of the Komuch, weak organism mainly composed of SR and working for a democratic Russia. The second regroups all other troops, really" white "

The Komuch, centered on the Volga, was rejected so much by the Reds that the Whites, that found them too leftist. Under various pressures, of which the least was not the red successes against the weak troops of the Komuch, this movement ends up accepting to melt in one "Directory" where Kolchak ends up taking the direction by a coup in November 1918, putting an end to all autonomy of the Komuch. The Czechs took pretext of this evolution to leave the Front and to take garrison in Siberia.

In the official game, the arrival of the Directory, then Kolchak rise on power are stationary and always occur, to the same dates. On the other hand the player is free to concentrate all his units on the Volga since the first tour. In short, at a time the player has no choice and is free in a mandatory historic setting to achieve an impossible strength concentration actually.

New rules :

During the first three towers, the Siberian player can choose a no-historic option. This option makes then uncertain the creation of the Directory and the Kolchak ‘s seizure of power. Until the Board of directors is formed, the circulation between the Siberian zones and the Ural is impossible. Until Kolchak hasn’t raised himself to leadership, the Czech units remain available. After the political takeover by Kolchak, the allied help and the losses of cohesion of the Siberian troops will be more or less important, importance revised every 6 months.

Explanation: the player chooses with this option the unknown, gets the longer presence of the excellent Czech troops, and must expect to a unforeseeable variation of his resources in the future, not necessarily in worse besides.. But the result of a non historic choice must remain unpredictable

If the Siberian player doesn't choose this option, the official system applies. The player knows the future chain of events and the consequences but loses the possibility to concentrate all his/ strengths on the Volga during the summer of 1918.

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Athens
Brigadier General

Fatal Years 0.99 released

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Yes , a new version and this one has almost all the features I decided 2 weeks ago to implement, after switching back from official work to modding.

This is the first numbered version and of course 0.99 number signifies bugs are very possible. The next weeks will be devoted to squash them. I’ve yet some other ideas but I will not implement them before having polished the mod and improved game balance and AI.

What’s new?

-the 2 new rules about Siberian Subfactions cooperation and about Independences recognition option by Whites (see precedent posts)

- Green units need less supply

- more tweaks on AI, especially Anarchists and Ukrainians ( and more to come after more tests)

- Requisitions give a little more money and Allied help a little less (game balancing purpose)

-Red partisans units move at normal speed but these units are prone to disband. They will reform in Ukraine, Kuban, Enisey areas ( AI is unable to split partisan units from stacks, slowing the whole stack; the new rule is a compromise to help AI whereas human player will not enjoy to use let’s say Kuban partisans in Siberia too long…)

You may download the new version here:

http://moddercorner.com/2011/01/09/fatal-years-mod-99/

Athens
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 pm

I've at last found why Ukrainians and Anarchists were passive in the game. i will post a fix soon.

RICCO7859
Sergeant

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks a lot for your work :thumbsup: . it's a very pleasure to play with your mod.

TheDoctorKing

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I just loaded the game up and played the first couple of turns. It looks very interesting.

One question: is the foreign intervention level supposed to be 10 to start? I would have thought it would have started lower but perhaps this is to simulate conditions while the First World War is going on?

Thanks for all your hard work on this. Have you looked at some of Andatiep's suggestions in the forum? I imagine there might be some value in you two cooperating.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “RUS Mods”