barbu
Captain

Question concerning the modification of the end date

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 am

In the scenario Script*.ini files there is a ScenEnd variable, esentially a date which marks the end of the scenario. Can it be, ummm, :cool: changed without causing great harm to the game? What would happen if I would set the end date for the long scenarios to 1935?

murat
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am

It is very important question. I'm waiting the reply...
:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: The game is great!! it is the better game... :D :D :D

Pocus

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 am

What I say here apply to all AGE engine games, so I hope the RUS team won't mind I intervene for once ;)

First, a demo date can't be changed (well you can but it will does nothing!)

Second, the script*.ini files are only used when someone generate a scenario, the output file is a .scn, i.e the scenario file you see in the New Game menu.

If you want to generate the scenario anew, it is possible with the full version. The alternative being that you hack directly into the .scn (which is also a text file) the end turn date.

There is no special problem in postponing the end date. The game anyway allow you to continue after the official end in the full version.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

barbu
Captain

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Thank you for all the information. Needless to say, I was not trying to hack the demo :blink: , I have already pre-ordered the game.

I'm very happy to hear that the game allows the war to continue past the end-date. It would be kind of unusual for it to halt in the middle of a war with no prompt decision in sight.

Return to “RUS Mods”