Leibst

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks Philippe.
checked that, they are not sea regions.
what does means this in region file? "FixedSprite = 1555" im sure something is wrong in my regions files or in my map DB

PhilThib

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:58 am

This is a tag to tell whether the player is allowed to displace the sprite or not within the region...we did that to avoid weird aspects in very small regions, so this value is either 1 or 0 (on/off)... obviously this is wrong here...

I received your RGN mail, but without a map I cannot double-check correctly inside Exmap tool, so send me the bitmap too (the big map, not the cuts)

Leibst

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am

There are a lot of regions with great numbers in FixedSprite and they are non small regions.
But this dont have nothing to do with my issue.
Its really strange for me that the unit begins the movement, but only to the first region in the movement ordered and after finish the turn it goes back to the begginning region, and even sometimes it goes to another adjacent region! i try to find an explanation thinking in how is the code implemented but i find no answers.

Leibst

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Good news! issue fixed. I can go on creating an small scenary.

Leibst

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Im working with the new models and also with their graphics.
Here are some of them:

miliciano, Regular, Requeté, Guardia de Asalto.
Attachments
models.JPG

Leibst

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

NAC Faction created (some details still waiting to be done) and first combat tests are done. Columna Asensio capturing Almeria....(in 1918 :mdr: )
The attachment modbetascreen9.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
modbetascreen9.JPG

Leibst

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I have some doubts designing the models. Is there any relation between the column 'Men per hit' and 'DmgDone'?
What means and what is TQ?

PhilThib

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

TQ = Troop Quality ... this is the ability and quality of the troops in fighting... 10 is the top Elite, 1 is rabble

Leibst

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:29 pm

ok, thanks Philippe.

Well, designing the units its a hard work, but im beginning the test phase of the first combats in the proximity of Sevilla the initials days of the war.
You can see a first design of one Nationalist columna in Sevilla.
Attachments
modbetascreen10.JPG

Leibst

Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 am

New question. Is it possible to make an event that creates an stack with its movement defined? I want to put a stack in Sevilla with its movement for this turn(second turn) defined. I want to define not only where the stack have to go but how many days will take to make the movement.

Bohémond

Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 am

Leibstandarte wrote:New question. Is it possible to make an event that creates an stack with its movement defined? I want to put a stack in Sevilla with its movement for this turn(second turn) defined. I want to define not only where the stack have to go but how many days will take to make the movement.

AFAIK there is no such command, closest one will be ;

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/MoveUnit

Regards

Leibst

Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Another possibility. Is it possible to modify the capacity of movement of a unit? I need that a stack instead of move 2 regions o 3 in a turn, move 4 or 5 but only in a determinate turn.
What i want to simulate is the called "Marcha sobre Madrid" the nationalist launch 3 columns from Sevilla to Madrid in August the 2nd 1936. And they moved really faster that first days, in the 14th of August they captured Badajoz, around 300 km beyond Sevilla in 12 days.
I would like that a stack beginning in Sevilla in turn two could reach and attack Badajoz in the same turn, this means to cross around 5 regions in one turn. But in a normal turn a stack would move two regions or even three at all.

Edit: I have an idea tha could work. In turn two these units that historically formed that 'columnas' will have movement type Rangers. And after that turn they have an evolution via event to their normal state. This need special models for that units that only plays one turn.

Bohémond

Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Reproduce exactly what happened in history is really hard and time consuming. It leads often to frustating situation for players

lodilefty

Thu May 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Another possibility. Is it possible to modify the capacity of movement of a unit? I need that a stack instead of move 2 regions o 3 in a turn, move 4 or 5 but only in a determinate turn.
What i want to simulate is the called "Marcha sobre Madrid" the nationalist launch 3 columns from Sevilla to Madrid in August the 2nd 1936. And they moved really faster that first days, in the 14th of August they captured Badajoz, around 300 km beyond Sevilla in 12 days.
I would like that a stack beginning in Sevilla in turn two could reach and attack Badajoz in the same turn, this means to cross around 5 regions in one turn. But in a normal turn a stack would move two regions or even three at all.

Edit: I have an idea tha could work. In turn two these units that historically formed that 'columnas' will have movement type Rangers. And after that turn they have an evolution via event to their normal state. This need special models for that units that only plays one turn.

Anotherr way is an event that simply moves the entire force for you.
See the WIA DB file WIA_inc_CMN_BostonEvac75_ver106d.xls for an example.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Thu May 03, 2012 2:01 pm

...or start the scenario a few days after the beginning of the march (for example, with the columns already at Badajoz)...

Leibst

Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Franciscus wrote:...or start the scenario a few days after the beginning of the march (for example, with the columns already at Badajoz)...

Yes, ive thinking about that posibility too.... too many things in my head :bonk:

Leibst

Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

My first event!!! :w00t:
The attachment modbetascreen11.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
modbetascreen11.JPG

Leibst

Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Historical setup for Granada:
The attachment modbetascreen12.JPG is no longer available
I have to review the data of the Artillery.
I use units without their capacity at 100% thinking that with replacemens simulating reinforcements that give them to its top capacity, have still to test how works this.
I wish that the GC unit will receive around 200 men in the first turn.
Attachments
modbetascreen12.JPG

Leibst

Mon May 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Still testing, making new units and defining the initial setup. Reading books for the correct setup. So progressing but slowly.
new units!: Bilbao armoured car for both sides.
Attachments
mdl_REP_Amc1.png
mdl_NAC_Amc1.png

Leibst

Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

I've been working on a new map in order to correct some problems of movement and to give a better look. :)
movement looks better now, still have to detail things like rail movement.

In the csv file of cities what exactly means loyalty? in a game like this( a civil war) i want the regions half controled and half loyal to both sides.
ie Osuna will begin with Rep control of 51% but i want that with a small unit of Nationalist it will be NAT controled and want to see the NAT flag on it.
Attachments
modbetascreen13.JPG

PhilThib

Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 am

To give control of a region to a given faction, you need to enter a percentage above 50 inside the first military control (MC) column...the second column MC is used for the cities, allowing you to have for example besieged cities at start of scenario...

For loyalty, the first column give the loyalty % of the first faction listed (usually that controlling the 'land'). The second loyalty column gives the percentage of the second faction...so in your case, put 50 in both

Leibst

Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 am

ok, thanks again for you help Philippe.
Events with graphics tested and working.

edit: also tested that replacements and reinforcements are working. :thumbsup:
Attachments
modbetascreen14.JPG

Leibst

Thu May 10, 2012 12:43 pm

PhilThib wrote:To give control of a region to a given faction, you need to enter a percentage above 50 inside the first military control (MC) column...the second column MC is used for the cities, allowing you to have for example besieged cities at start of scenario...

For loyalty, the first column give the loyalty % of the first faction listed (usually that controlling the 'land'). The second loyalty column gives the percentage of the second faction...so in your case, put 50 in both

There is something i dont understand well.
If we put ie. in the excel file (or csv file) 51 MC to the REP faction in region Osuna and the same for the city if it was a city there. And after this we use the CSV splitter to generate the cities file. How would the CSV splitter assign any MC to the other Faction if CSV splitter doesnt know anything about that other faction?. maybe im doing something wrong.
In the cities file i can see something like this:
"SelectFaction = $REP

SelectRegion = $Osuna
BlockState = 0
SetControl = 51
Insurgent = 51
CityStyle = $csiNone
CivLevel = $Civilized
Transport = $NoNetwork"

and in the map i see 51 MC to the REP but 0 to the NAC until one unit get inside the region.
I have corrected the situation inserting this in the file and it works,

SelectFaction = $NAC

SelectRegion = $Osuna
BlockState = 0
SetControl = 49
Insurgent = 49
CityStyle = $csiNone
CivLevel = $Civilized
Transport = $NoNetwork

but if i have to do this for every region its a hard task but it gives the effect that i want.

Leibst

Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

New screen after playing a few turns testing diferent aspects of the game, things are going well, im happy.
The idea of developing the entire war is growing, yes i know its a huge project but i enjoy doing it.
modbetascreen15.JPG
Attachments
modbetascreen16.JPG

Leibst

Sun May 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Time for graphics.
Im working with this interface, opinions?
first one is erroneus upload, see the second.
Attachments
modbetascreen16.JPG
modbetascreen16.JPG

PhilThib

Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 am

Three things:

* why a Belgian flag :)
* On top of the units section, you need a space which is homogeneous and plain so you can write in it (there are game messages about selected stack)..if you are using bricks, you won't be able to read that text...
* How do you intend to show the stacks tabs?

IMHO if you wish to keep the bricks, you should also insert some kind of wooden plank, with plain homogeneous colours....a bit à la WW1 Gold

Leibst

Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 am

PhilThib wrote:Three things:

* why a Belgian flag :)
the belgian International Brigade? :mdr: yeah, too dark the purple.
maybe is better now.
But i was asking not about the detail but the idea.
Attachments
modbetascreen16.JPG

Leibst

Thu May 17, 2012 9:29 am

Varela Takes command!

The first leader in the game, Gen Varela.

mmm, it seems i have eaten a star hehe. :neener:
Attachments
modbetascreen17.JPG

picaron

Thu May 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:...

mmm, it seems i have eaten a star hehe. :neener:

Already it he will ascend... :mdr:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Leibst

Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 am

New screen! Currently working on events and testing the way game works. This is hard work and progress slow.
Attachments
modbetascreen19.JPG

Return to “RUS Mods”