andatiep

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:48 am

Nikel wrote:Ripster8, will you upload some saves, so that andatiep may have a look?

+1 :sherlock:

andatiep

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:13 am

About VP victory : Like said ERISS, you're not in a good situation for now ...BUT : you may win a lot's of VP when you activate Options like "World revolution in Caucasus states or in Romania", and then later if you occupy the objectives cities there. Also, objective cities give you VPs so even if you don't target a Objective Cities Victory condition, go to occupy close targets like Ekaterinodar, Odessa, Sevastopol, and then maybe invade Caucasus to size Baku and Erevan. In the East, maybe you can have the very close objective cities of Samara and Perm. That will make you jump in VP and low the VP production of the enemy.

About Objective city victory : I don't thing you are so far away from such a Main victory. If you give up with the remote Omsk, Irkoutsk, Vladivostok and discard any of these remote and hard to take cities between Bucuresti, Helsinki or Warsaw, you may be able to size the others.

About AI : Which level of difficulty did you chose when creating the game ?

Ripster8
Colonel

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:38 pm

HST file from current turn.

Difficulty level is 'Sergeant'.

Excellent point about the Whites' victory points being cumulative - I did not realize that! I am not doing as well as I thought! Self-delusion is a fault of mine...

I will need to 'up my game' if I intend to avoid embarassment in this AAR.

Thanks to all for reading and commenting!
Attachments
RedBanner!.zip
(398.8 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Ripster8 wrote:Excellent point about the Whites' victory points being cumulative - I did not realize that! I am not doing as well as I thought! Self-delusion is a fault of mine...

Yes, I think almost all needed is writen ingame, but the most important matters are not enough emphasized, for there are already so much to be read. A rewriting is something I want to do someday...

Nikel

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Ripster, you have to upload all the folder of your game, not just the .hst file.

RUS is different to TYW.

Ripster8
Colonel

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Hopefully this will do the trick.
Attachments
RedBanner!.zip
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:45 am

At The Front, Early June 1920

North:
north.jpg

Polotsk:
Polotsk.jpg

Minsk:
Minsk.jpg

Kiev:
Kiev.jpg

Berdjiansk:
Berdjiansk.jpg

Azov:
Azov.jpg

In other actions, division-sized units (without commanders - none are available) are being deployed to the EFGHQ to serve as strong garrison units so that RACs may begin offensive operations across the Volga River. Captured White artillery will be allocated to all RACs to fill units to full command point potential.
Last edited by Ripster8 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:59 am

Nikel wrote:Historically the Cheka was the soviet state security agency, while the VOKhR were its armed forces, so a section of the Cheka.

Yes, in 'normal peace time' the cheka organization uses the vokhr units as armed force police against civilians,
somewhat like in war combat the cheka unit utilizes the red military as armed force against enemy soldiers
(while the vokhr keep its police role, in army if needed too).
IMO Cheka combat units and VOKhR looks redundant historically.

So, IMO, not so, but ingame they could easily have been done a single unit instead of both.

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:15 am

The Fronts, Late June 1920

Moscow:
Pravda LJun20.jpg

Jelgava:
Jelgava.jpg

South of Daugavpils:
Stuka.jpg

South of Polotsk:
Polotsk.jpg

Minsk:
Minsk.jpg

Korosteni:
Korosteni.jpg

Bataisk:
Bataisk.jpg

In other news:
- Red Army forces are across the Volga in three locations and are continuing to attack eastwards.
- Makhno fought a drawn battle against the Mustache Man - more battles will follow!
- Waves of desertion yet again (!!!!!!!!!!!) and this along with battle casualties require 175 money and 245 conscript companies. And someone asked why I don't build more units...
Last edited by Ripster8 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:23 am

The Fronts, July 1920

North:
north.jpg

Center-Minsk:
minsk.jpg

South:
south.jpg

Sorry for the mispelling Comrade Makhno!

Azov-Don:
Azov.jpg

In other news:
- More desertions in Early July.
- EFGHQ forces fight large White Forces east of Saratov and to relieve Sarapul. White forces becoming more aggressive in this area.
- KOMDIV Safonov is moving south from Tashkent to see what trouble can stir up! The Greens have all faded back into the hills and steppes and appear to be no longer a threat.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:21 am

Comrade Ripster, you should send in enemy lands our SR and anarchists babblers, so they no longer ennoy our workers with their twisted propaganda, while starting to open the minds of foreign workers to the speaches of our Party leaders. I'm sure you should find some regions to start here subversions where they'll happy to call for revolution.

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:43 am

I have used 'Subversion' in past games but I couldn't see that it had any affect at all, either to help me or hurt the enemy. Nothing changed (that was evident to me in the game) regardless of the % support of the population for either side. And it really don't like 'busy work' in games.

With all of the 'Desertion' events I must admit I am barely able to muster the enthusiasm needed continue with this current game. But I made a vow when I started the campaign that I would finish it and finish it I shall. Only 34 turns to go...I wonder how many 'Desertion' events that equals? In any case, tomorrow, more war!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:21 am

Ripster8 wrote:I have used 'Subversion' in past games but I couldn't see that it had any affect.
Nothing changed that was evident to me.

Andatiep quoted: "Subversion gives you around 10% loyalty, even if you don't have any loyalty in the area before.
If you don't see result in loyalty, it is maybe because events changing loyalty there happen or because your opponent also did Reforms or Repression RGD in the same region in the same time."

And remember that the region must fulfill non-stop the RD recquierements during the full 3 turns; if not, the gain is cancelled: so, remember to not raise too much the MC here after sending your agitators to operate. The agitators of Subversion use the enemy MC as a picture of the coercion against civilian said-so will, explained and emphasized by the agitator as a tool.
If you want to raise loyalty when you have good MC, it's trough Reforms (or Repression), which gives far more Loyalty, so easily counter enemy Subversion (if they have) like said Andatiep.
So, try to guess where the enemy will do these, to put your Subversions elsewhere, like in afar regions, where too you can grow auto-built partisans (when loyalty goes high) which should not be immediatly destroyed in these little guarded areas. Then if your enemy doesn't want to bother with these wild regions, you can grow MC here and maybe too be able to build more serious units...
I wonder what about police units too, in region where there is subversion...
Or maybe you're right there's a bug??

Ripster8
Colonel

Re: Not god, nor tsar, nor hero...

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:04 pm

I cannot see the previous screenshots and other graphics that I included in this AAR. Can anyone else see them? And a little advance warning about the changes to this forum would have been nice...

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:07 pm

If all that work is lost then this AAR is over, unfortunately. What a waste! I will still finish the game and let you all know how it turns out.

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:25 pm

And all the screenshots from my TYW AAR are gone, too! Are you people insane? Someone should have checked this switch to a new forum a little more thoroughly, me thinks...

Generalisimo

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Ripster8 wrote:And all the screenshots from my TYW AAR are gone, too! Are you people insane? Someone should have checked this switch to a new forum a little more thoroughly, me thinks...

Yes, we are aware of the problem and we are working on that...we will try to solve it ASAP. :gardavou:

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:48 pm

I apologize - I was a bit harsh. I just saw several hundred hours of work vanish in a flash... No excuse for rudeness though. Thank you for your efforts in this matter.

Nikel

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Total disaster with the forum change :(

Just hope they can revover your AARs images!

Ripster8
Colonel

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks, Comrade Nikel. I am very distressed with the current situation. I really wanted to finish the AAR but it is rather pointless without all the previous work. I wonder what prompted this sudden an unannounced change to the forums?

Generalisimo

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Nikel wrote:Total disaster with the forum change :(

Actually, the images were not lost, they are on the server... just the new forum software is not linking them properly... so there is hope we will manage to solve the issue sooner or later. :hat:

Generalisimo

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Ripster8 wrote:Thanks, Comrade Nikel. I am very distressed with the current situation. I really wanted to finish the AAR but it is rather pointless without all the previous work. I wonder what prompted this sudden an unannounced change to the forums?

Pocus already explained this somewhere else...

Pocus wrote:Attachments were all copied and transferred but there is something amiss. The web guys are working on this issue and others. And also yes, the forum colors and style will change soon.
This is for the better, even if the change had to be made fast, the old software was crumbling and falling apart, like an old mummy necro-animated thrice. :papy:

We are all still the same ageod people working on strategy titles, with new games coming and soon you'll be at ease with the new forum! Sorry for the slight hiccups, really. Cheers up :fleurs:

:gardavou:

Nikel

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Ripster8 wrote:Thanks, Comrade Nikel. I am very distressed with the current situation. I really wanted to finish the AAR but it is rather pointless without all the previous work. I wonder what prompted this sudden an unannounced change to the forums?

It was announced, but I guess nobody expected it would go so wrong.

Hold fast and stay firm! :pouet:

Nikel

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Generalisimo wrote:
Nikel wrote:Total disaster with the forum change :(

Actually, the images were not lost, they are on the server... just the new forum software is not linking them properly... so there is hope we will manage to solve the issue sooner or later. :hat:

Thanks, let's wait then.

Ripster8
Colonel

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:41 am

As stated earlier, I am looking forward to continuing this AAR when and if the screenshot problem is resolved. I have the game saved and anxiously await the IT geniuses completion of their labors.

But I am going ahead and playing the game under a new saved game name, just to see what happens. And so far, so good, comrades! It is late October 1920 and the Western Whites are down to 25% CP ratio, the Crimea is liberated and both Armavir and Ekaterindar are besieged, soon to fall. The Eastern Whites (59% CP) remain prickly along the Volga, but the Poles are collapsing, as indicated by this truly delicious screenshot: and unfortunately it seems that you now cannot copy an image directly from your computer into an AAR, yet another outstanding innovation on this new forum!

Well, that pretty much ends the AAR as I am not going to open up an account at some graphics hosting site simply to post screenshots for an AAR. It was so much easier before, IT geniuses - did it really need to be screwed up so thoroughly? I will check in occasionally to see if anything has changed but until then it's 'Dasvidanya, baby!'

Generalisimo

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:19 am

Like I said before, we are working to improve the new forum... but I understand your frustration.
Hopefully you will be happier when we end working on it... and then you will continue your great AAR :gardavou: :niark: .

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re:

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:32 am

ERISS wrote:
Ripster8 wrote:I have used 'Subversion' in past games but I couldn't see that it had any affect.
Nothing changed that was evident to me.

Andatiep quoted: "Subversion gives you around 10% loyalty, even if you don't have any loyalty in the area before.
If you don't see result in loyalty, it is maybe because events changing loyalty there happen or because your opponent also did Reforms or Repression RGD in the same region in the same time."

If you want to raise loyalty when you have good MC, it's trough Reforms (or Repression), which gives far more Loyalty, so easily counter enemy Subversion (if they have) like said Andatiep.
So, try to guess where the enemy will do these, to put your Subversions elsewhere,

Or, aim those area to lower the gain of the enemy! Subverstion is cheap,
not the other decisions. Already you don't want to use them, so imagine they seem to bring back fewer gain than planned...

Nikel

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Ripster, most of the pics are back! Will you continue?

Ripster8
Colonel

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Comrade Nikel: Glad to see the images are back. But I still haven't figured out how to post screenshots in the new forum. When I click 'img' to insert a screenshot it looks like the forum is asking for a URL: "img]http://image_url[/img". I only post screenshots from my computer and not through a third party image hosting site so I can't continue at this point. But it is possible that I am too stupid to figure it out for myself and require additional assistance...

Nikel

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 pm

I see, cannot do it either, probably adding attachments was not enabled yet.

faq.php?mode=bbcode#f5r1

Return to “RUS: Revolution Under Siege AARs”