Khanti
Captain

Gold version - rather minor issues

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am

1. TRAINS [Drang scenario]
Funny, but there are still those red Austrian trains in GOLD version. I was hoped they got right color, but still no luck. They are as red as they were in RUS. 1.06

Issue:
599AUSHeavy Armored Train.uni
598AUSLight Armored Train.uni

UID = 599
NationTag = AUS
Name = Heavy Armored Train
Alias = uni_AUS_Amt2
ForcePool = 10
ShortName = Arm. Train
Text = $uni_AUS_Amt2_txt
Color = $colREDRegular

should be
Color = $colAUSRegular

2. KATOWICE
And as German player one can build German trains in Katowice (a place in Poland without railroads).
Hmm, Katowice without railroads? So how they have built those coal mines there :mdr:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... _in_Poland

"Upper Silesian Railway Company

In 1842, the Upper Silesian Railway Company, licensed since 1839, opened the first two sections of its main line: Breslau (Polish: Wrocław) to Ohlau (Polish: Oława) on 22 May and Ohlau (Polish: Oława) to Brieg (Polish: Brzeg) in August. These are the oldest railway sections of present Poland. Step by step the Upper Silesian Railway (Oberschlesische Eisenbahn, OSE) line was extended, in 1846 connecting Katowice. In 1847 Mysłowice at the border of Austrian Galicia was reached and the connection to Kraków and Upper Silesian Railway complete.

In 1856 the Upper Silesian Railway Company built a line from Breslau (Wrocław) to Posen (Polish: Poznań), and took over the administration of Stargard–Poznań Railway, in order to control the traffic between Silesia and the Port of Stettin (Polish: Szczecin)."

3. NAMES

There is Stanislawow (south of Lemberg) but the area around it is still Ivano-Frankivsk (1960's name).
Przemysl is still called Festung Przesmyl.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belagerun ... emy%C5%9Bl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Przemy%C5%9Bl

"The Siege of Przemyśl was the longest siege of the First World War, and a crushing defeat for Austria-Hungary against the Russian attackers. Przemyśl (German: Premissel) was a fortress town on the River San and a Galician stronghold. "

There is Wyzkow north of Warszawa. Should be Wyszkow [Wyszków]

Not a big deal anyway, but those red trains really hit me. Again.
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Khanti
Captain

Re: Gold version - rather minor issues

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm

4. Start date of 6-Poland1920.scn.

It starts in early may 1920 with Polish forces in position for Kiev's Offensive, but the real thing started in March/April.
On March 5-10, the Poleski Group troops carried out a local offensive, winning the Mozyrz, Barbary, Kalinkowicze, Rzeczyca and Czarnobyl. This move separated the Russian armies of the Western Front and the Southwest Front. This victory enabled the launch of the Kiev Operation. The campaign was conducted from April to June 1920.
The initial expedition took part started on April 24, 1920. But on May 24, 1920 the Polish-Ukrainian forces encountered the First Cavalry Army of Semyon Budionny. Two days later, Budionny's cavalry, with two major units from the Russian 12th Army, began an assault on the Polish forces centered around Kiev.
So early May, how the operation in the game begins, is just the beginning of the Soviet counterattack.

There could be two scenarios (one of April with the Polish offensive and the other of May with a Soviet counterattack). However, the Polish troops stand in the April positions in the game.

- so the date should be adjusted
- also Polish commanders and units they command not always agree with the Kiev Offensive - basically it's such a mix of 1919 and 1920

5. Polish troops in 6-Poland1920.scn.

The Polish forces grew from approximately 100,000 in 1918 to over 600,000 in early 1920. By the end of 1919, Polish forces had 21 infantry divisions, 7 cavalry brigades. In the first months of 1920, new recruits were incorporated to raise numerical numbers. At the same time, however, demobilization of some of the old soldiers of the "blue army" was carried out. But for the 1920 campaign Poland has issued over 700,000 soldiers.

However, in the game, you can only train a number of one-regimental brigades, from which you can not form a division corresponding numerically to the Soviet ones. This is error, as Polish division did not count numerically less than the Soviet one.

Some of the issues are subject of modification being created by myself. I just wanted to signalize that.

Khanti
Captain

Re: Gold version - rather minor issues

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:00 pm

6. Tanks speed coeff.

I'm also wondering what the reason was for setting the speed of tanks at 35% and heavy tanks at 15% while at the same time the siege artillery has 70%.
Most guns normally have 100%. Heavier German 155mm guns have 80%, but Austrian 155mm have 100%.
I think it should be the same 80% as German 155mm.
But even coastal artillery has 50% speed coeff.
So this 15% of heavy tanks is close to 10% of batteries in garrisons (position batteries) - it doesn't look logical.
My idea is to set the speed of tanks to something like artillery, i.e. at least 50% like coastal batteries.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”