deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Victory Error Red Spring (Short Campaign) SOLVED !!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:25 am

SOLVED ! -- SEE POST #2

[S]Hello, RUS is awesome as always, however, there seems to be a slight error with the victory. Played all 65 turns, and I believe the VP should have determined the winner, and clearly, the Whites have more, I'm playing as the Western Whites, but the Eastern White faction managed to be number 1 player having the most victory points. I'll also like to add that Poland succeeded in it's victory thanks to my actions in taking Kiev, Odessa, and Kharkov for them, but most of my units got pushed into Crimea and I couldn't continue my push into Central Russia as they were stuck in Crimea due to the fact that most of Ukraine becames unavailable and unpassable, however, this issue was addressed in another post, I would like to also confirm the French Navy was gone as well as French forces in Romanian territory suddenly vanish right after the Victory of Poland..http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?42075-Epic-Western-White-Campaign-A-Post-Mortem Take a look: [/S]

Thanks guys, awesome game, I just wanted to hear your thoughts, ^^

[ATTACH]39544[/ATTACH][ATTACH]39545[/ATTACH]
Attachments
bug4ageodcommentscenariobackground.png
bug4ageodcomment3.jpg
Revolution Under Siege Gold To End All Wars Espana 1936 Wars of Napoleon Civil War II Alea Jacta Est Birth of America II: Wars in America Thirty Years' War Pride of Nations Rise of Prussia Gold

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:24 pm

deidaraakatski wrote:Poland succeeded in it's victory thanks to my actions for them, but most of my units got pushed into Crimea and they were stuck in Crimea due to the fact that most of Ukraine becames unavailable and unpassable, however, this issue was addressed in another post.http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?42075-Epic-Western-White-Campaign-A-Post-Mortem

You can see this thread too, I guess you already did:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43416-Victory-For-Poland-during-White-Campaign&p=374407&viewfull=1#post374407

there seems to be a slight error with the victory. the VP should have determined the winner, and clearly, the Whites have more, I'm playing as the Western Whites, but the Eastern White faction managed to be number 1 player having the most victory points.

Yes there's a textual error (this game really should have a patch on the texts).
It should read something like: "Minor Victory! You have more VP than the enemy, but less than your White ally, and you personnaly didn't took Moscow."

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 pm

ERISS wrote:You can see this thread too, I guess you already did:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43416-Victory-For-Poland-during-White-Campaign&p=374407&viewfull=1#post374407

Yes there's a textual error (this game really should have a patch on the texts).
It should read something like: "Minor Victory! You have more VP than the enemy, but less than your White ally, and you personnaly didn't took Moscow."

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE POST #2

[S]Okay, so that is another proof of Polish victory thing is fine is historically accurate. (Actually the only issue is the French Fleet disappearing as my troops in Crimea have to sit there until I build transport fleet XD.) Anyhow, yes, it can be "Minor Victory" but the question remains does it count just towards the individual White faction or both when calculating the VP?
Well, I suppost since it is a short campaign and all three sides are possibly able to gain a huge amount of victory points respectively, then it should be individualised perhaps.
Also, yes I did not reach Moscow, despite pushing the Reds out of Ukraine and the Donbas, and finally take Tzartyzn like three turns before the scenario ended, the Reds still have a strong defensive on the inner objectives, and with only a few turns remaining after all the fighting was done and the Polish victory, yeah it just wasn't possible. (Not to mention short campaign only being 65 turns) I soon realize if I wish to take Moscow I'll either have to be more aggressive in this scenario or play the Grand Campaign XD.[/S]
Revolution Under Siege Gold To End All Wars Espana 1936 Wars of Napoleon Civil War II Alea Jacta Est Birth of America II: Wars in America Thirty Years' War Pride of Nations Rise of Prussia Gold

andatiep

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:25 pm

For Victory conditions, the text to very follow is the one of the F10 Scenario Great Book page, like it is shown in the screenshot you did above :

About Victory with VP you should add the both White factions. As said in the F10 page, it is the cumulated victory points score of the Eastern AND Western Whites to compare with the Reds' ones !!

...and yes, you better play the Great Campaign, because this is the one with all the events and options inside and bigger possibilities and chances to recover after mistakes and fun :neener:
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:52 pm

To rectify my second post, I actually was proposing a suggestion that possibly for this scenario the VP be calculated individually between the two factions, but then that would be kind of ahistorical and unbalance this particular scenario for PBEM as I believe the Reds have a special option of "helping the poor" or something which will help convert EP to VP, so you can ignore my second post.

I see, so as ERISS has written because we did not reach Moscow the victory did not register. Thus the words "besides this, if the winner is to be determined between the Eastern and Western factions. . ."

Alright, so I guess this thread is solved, I shall add "solved" to the title.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:40 am

deidaraakatski wrote:ERISS has written because we did not reach Moscow the victory did not register. Thus the words "besides this, if the winner is to be determined between the Eastern and Western factions. . ."

Err no I didn't mean this. I was meaning that this is only a minor victory for you because:
you nor had more VP than the other White side,
nor your own personal side did take Moscow.
You had less VP than your White contender, but if you (I don't mean whole you both) did take Moscow you'll have however a Major victory (and the other White only a minor despite his VPs).
Battle of the chiefs! You only Great General knows better what is good for Russia!

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 am

ERISS wrote:Err no I didn't mean this. I was meaning that this is only a minor victory for you because:
You had less VP than your White contender, but if you (I don't mean whole you both) did take Moscow you'll have however a Major victory (and the other White only a minor despite his VPs).
Battle of the chiefs! You only Great General knows better what is good for Russia!

Ah ! I see what you are saying now, sorry about that.

I'll also like to add that (to guests and members reading this far) post #2 is the correct post to read at which this thread is solved, indeed the text is in need of a patch.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:06 am

ERISS wrote:Err no I didn't mean this. I was meaning that this is only a minor victory for you because:

Ah ! I see what you are saying now, sorry about that.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:10 am

deidaraakatski wrote: post #2 is the correct post to read at which this thread is solved

Thanks, but it is not so correct. It should better be:
"Victory! None controle their recquired cities however cumulated VP of the whole White side is greater than enemy VP. But this is only a Minor Victory for your personnal faction as you have less VP than your White ally and you didn't personaly took Moscow before him."

Return to “Help to improve RUS”