beuckelssen

Wrong text in Lenin assassination atemp event

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:56 am

Playing with the reds in the Finnish Civil War:

Regards

andatiep

Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:15 pm

I think i see what's happening : You're playing the Finnish Civil war scenario but you're now in september 1918 and the scenario is finished since months ago. So the game look now for events or text events of the Campaign scenarios but don't find them because it's an other branch of files.

The game always allow you to continue to play even after the scenarios are finished, but don't expect scripted events and features to continue to work.

Now that you finished the small Finnish civil war scenario, it is time for you to start the big deal and load the grand campaign which start after in the chronology, in june 1918 :thumbsup:
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

beuckelssen

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 am

As a matter of fact the campaign was not finished. The Finish Civil War ends in October

I didn´t play a single turn after the end because I was holding only one city, Helsinki, against a superior force. :)

I have finished this campaign and the "ice march" one with both sides. But before starting the grand campaign I think I will play the Polish-Soviet war. :thumbsup:

andatiep

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:11 pm

beuckelssen wrote:As a matter of fact the campaign was not finished. The Finish Civil War ends in October.

Yes, you're right. This vanilla scenario was designed to be playable till early October for gameplay and pedagogical training purpose, but in reality, the Finnish civil war was over after 4-5 months, in May 1918.
What means the end of any hope to win for the Reds was the Brest-Litovsk treaty in March 1918 between Germany and Russian Bolshevik government : from there the Red Finns will lose the support of the Russians when the White Finns will keep the support of the Germans.
Some RUS volonteers are dreaming to create a scenario without the Brest-Litovsk treaty, and this could make the Finnish civil war to continue much later than 4-5 months.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:26 pm

andatiep wrote:Yes, you're right. This vanilla scenario was designed to be playable till early October for gameplay and pedagogical training purpose,

So, as the scenario is played as intended, there's actually a bug:
some text is missing or the event must be removed.
but in reality, the Finnish civil war was over after 4-5 months, in May 1918. What means the end of any hope to win for the Reds was the Brest-Litovsk treaty in March 1918 between Germany and Russian Bolshevik government: from there the Red Finns will lose the support of the Russians, when the White Finns will keep the support of the Germans.
Some RUS volonteers are dreaming to create a scenario without the Brest-Litovsk treaty, and this could make the Finnish civil war to continue much later than 4-5 months.

Yeah, dreaming to include the No-Treaty! option in the big campaign,
but it may rather end in a scenario (or in still dreams..).

andatiep

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:37 pm

ERISS wrote:some text is missing or the event must be removed.

Must be removed, since it concern Russian politics happening elsewhere in out of scenario areas.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”