DarkGarry
Lieutenant

NM battle outcome

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

I suggest to limit NM losses for small forces for major factions. In PBEM I had several cases:
1. loss of 1 NKVD unit = -1NM
2. loss of 1 brigade (4 units) = -2 NM
3. loss of 5 units (small force with total 8000 men) = -4 NM

I feel such a big loss of NM is disproportional(at least for RUS game). Red Army in my game is about 700 000, so I wondering why Reds losing NM so bad when a tiny fraction of their forces lost - and NM drops have accumulating impact on cohession, it means fighting ability. I suggest to have no NM drops at all for battles with forces smaller than 5000(or 5 units or so), after that gradually increase it for bigger forces.

PhilThib

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 am

The problem of NM loss is that it is not directly link to the size of the units....NM loss is linked to the cost in VP between the elements you kill and those you lose....if in a battle you kill thousands of value-less enemy units but you lose in the process your best and most VP-costly units, you end up losing NM despite a "victory"... that's logic and rather natural...

Now you can always review and alter the VP value of some elements if you feel they are too 'expensive'... If you want to 'help' the Reds, you can try to mod the VP value of red models and reduce them by 1 VP each, you'll notice a big change in their favor in NM changes...

Return to “Help to improve RUS”