Altaris

Recognize Indepence is not working properly

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 am

In my current game, my Southern White opponent chose to Recognize Independence, but did not take the -30 NM hit from it. Looking at the event, it clearly states that this is part of the cost, but doesn't seem to have been applied. I do notice that the cost is now included in the SetActor command rather than a straight morale adjustment, and I wonder if that's the issue. There is also a cost of -15 EP, which is tough to come by in this game - my theory is that my opponent didn't have 15 EP, and therefore couldn't pay the "cost" of the event, so it didn't deduct anything - but activated anyway.

He did take the morale hit for activating the Balts later, and that command syntax looks the same as the Recognize Independence - which further leads me to think it's the "cost" issue.

Another regular opponent of mine has reported the same issue in his game. Could one of the devs take a look at this?

lodilefty

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Please have hosting player post the save of the turn the choice is taken, plus the \Backup of the previous turn...

Script Engine code certainy reads Morale, so we need to look deeper into the CanPayOption commands....

What patch version are you playing??
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:52 pm

I was directed here.
The version of the game has an RUS.exe.file from 24.07.12
I did NOT activate the Balts, but the Transcaucasus.

lodilefty

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 pm

OK. The code seems good, so I cannot debug from your discussions.

I need the saved game for the turn that the "independance" option was taken.

The host of your game should Please post the saves here using this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Well, Altaris, just find out which turn it was, if it was after turn 5, I ought to still have it. I just don't have the energy to thrawl through all the turns, and I don't know a quicker way.

Altaris

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:18 am

Okay, I think I stand corrected on my theory. Just ran through some turns in a test game, and think I figured out what happened. Not a bug, just a series of events that sorta masked the NM loss.

What's happening is that in the Late December, 1918 turn, the Southern Whites are inheriting a bunch of strategic and objective cities when Germany pulls out, and their NM jumps up 20 points. This also happens to coincide with when the Recognize Independence option first comes available. If they both get chosen on the same round, it looks like there wasn't much morale lost, but actually it was a 20 point gain followed by a 30 point loss (for a net of -10 NM).

That coincides with what I sorta remember happening. I remember seeing the Southern Whites fall about 10 morale in December or January, but not the 30 point drop.

I also tested out my theory about not having enough assets to buy the option, and that turned out not to be an issue (it won't process the option if you don't have enough to pay for it - that's good to know).

Anders, I'm assuming you are Durk's opponent. Did you pick the Recognize Independence option as soon as it became available? If so, that would explain this situation as well.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:59 am

I believe I did. I remember having a bit of difficulty getting the Reds in the Caucasus under control, and the Transcaucasus troops did that quite well.
Now tell John to do his turn!

Return to “Help to improve RUS”