Narwhal

Bug with DNO - including game-breaking

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 pm

I tried to play it, but broke it turn 3. As the Red, I declared war against the Transcaucasian Republics... and now I am able to control them. Unfortunately, so can the Germans, eh...
See the picture for proof.

Also, the following messages are broken :

Event : Opt_notify_RED_UkraineIncident3

Special orders :

Opt_title_RED_UkrainianDOW ; opt_hint_RED_UkrainianDOW ; opt_desc_RED_UkrainianDOW

Finally, if as Red I refuse war with Ukraine, all my troops, including garrisons, end up in Rostov. Fixed garrison should not. Maybe make Red cities non “non-entered”.
Attachments
Buggi.jpg

PhilThib

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 am

A save is required to help find out the bug ;)

Narwhal

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Here they are !
Attachments
Tour precedent.rar
(789.05 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Tourbug.rar
(718.97 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

PhilThib

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Will get a look with my own version... :D

PhilThib

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I have checked my own version of the scenario and I found out what happened. It's not a bug, it works as designed, but the design had some misconceptions that create the issue. I'll explain what I found:

* the first cause of trouble is that, as a RED player, you chose to accept the German ultimatum, so you are at peace with them...the event creates the first error, as it gives a relation value between GER and RED of 50...this value not only means peace, it means you can see and click on all of your "friend's" units...hence what happens to you.

--> to fix that first point, the relation between at peace Ger/Red should be max of 5..i.e. no war but nothing else

* the second issue is that the Caucasians do not exist as a faction, in fact they are GER units 'disguised' as Caucasians...the subfaction system that we use in AGE games since the origin...so the second error here is that Ger and Red being at peace, the "DOW" does not have effect, as I checked that the DOW does not change the relationship

--> the DOW event must be fixed so that Ger and Red are at war (and you keep the Ost front blocked / locked to avoid mass offensive till general war erupts)

So I would say, in the end, that it works as designed :) ...but a few little changes need to be made for that design to fit with the original intent...

I'll take the files from the DB and see how I can do a quickfix for you and post it here...not sure I have time this week but I'll do my best within the next 10 days

Congrats for finding out ;)

Narwhal

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Thank you a lot, PhilThib. I suppose no one wanted to make peace to the filthy Germans, and then make war to Baris'friends.

I am pretty good at finding bugs. Actually, I like that ;)

Anyway, don't bother with the quickfix (for me). I don't plan to play DNO anytime soon. I was just looking for bugs for fun, that's why I started to list the other minor bugs when I found out this one.

I am more surprised that you are doing the debugging - I would have thought it was SEP RUS that was supposed to do it since you are not the developper.

PhilThib

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't do the debugging but I played a few times this scenario and I helped the team when they created it, so I like it (but I did play the filthy Centrals all the time so I had not noticed your devious Bolshevik trick before :mdr :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:44 pm

No clear friend or foe Narwhal :mdr:
Caucasus politic heavily slippery :neener: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_invasion_of_Georgia

Any wargame built in this theatre will be very enjoyable with many faction inside faction with different politics and very difficult terrain .
German faction Turkey has the statue of Firunze besides M.Kemal in Taksim Square.
Attachments
00416703.jpg

Return to “Help to improve RUS”