lycortas
Sergeant

fixes

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi,

I would have added these before the game came out but i did not know it was being made. I may create my own mod with some of this.

Red general Bonch-Breuvich was the Chief of Staff for the Red Army.
Never commanded in the field. Should be removed.

Trotski never, ever, ever commanded troops in battle. He was War Minister for the Bolsheviks. He could have a unit like the British military missions the Whites have. Remove 'General Trotski'.

I have serious reservations about Stalin being a general as well. Again, he was a minister. He did command the defenses of Tsaritsyn where he showed how monumentally bad of a general he was. He was shortly thereafter removed by Trotski and Lenin. If we leave him as a general he should be 3-0-1 or 3-1-1.

On the other hand Vatsetis should start as a 2* general if he has any chance to reach his historical rank of Commander in Chief of the Red Army by September 1918.

My maps show no rail line from Astrakhan to Saratov and no spiur from Saratov to Uralsk.
On the other hand there was a completed rail line Samara-Orenburg-Orsk-Pavlovskii-Chelyabinsk.
That rail change would have a large effect on the play of the Siberian Whites.

Michael

Krot
Sergeant

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm

lycortas wrote:Hi,

I would have added these before the game came out but i did not know it was being made. I may create my own mod with some of this.

Red general Bonch-Breuvich was the Chief of Staff for the Red Army.
Never commanded in the field. Should be removed.

Trotski never, ever, ever commanded troops in battle. He was War Minister for the Bolsheviks. He could have a unit like the British military missions the Whites have. Remove 'General Trotski'.

I have serious reservations about Stalin being a general as well. Again, he was a minister. He did command the defenses of Tsaritsyn where he showed how monumentally bad of a general he was. He was shortly thereafter removed by Trotski and Lenin. If we leave him as a general he should be 3-0-1 or 3-1-1.

On the other hand Vatsetis should start as a 2* general if he has any chance to reach his historical rank of Commander in Chief of the Red Army by September 1918.

My maps show no rail line from Astrakhan to Saratov and no spiur from Saratov to Uralsk.
On the other hand there was a completed rail line Samara-Orenburg-Orsk-Pavlovskii-Chelyabinsk.
That rail change would have a large effect on the play of the Siberian Whites.

Michael

Good points about Red army commanders. The problem I see here is that there are too few Red generals present in RUS. I think it would be better to substitute politicians with new (actual) military commanders of fronts and armies. After all the majority of Russian General Staff officers served in Red Army. Communist leaders (they were usually members of front/army revolutionary military councils) indeed were "special units" in game terms that boosted or handicapped military officers activities.

Rail links. I found a map of Russian Empire rail network in 1916:
http://history-maps.ru/pictures/all_1/sort_5_2_1/r_204_1/max_91
It clearly shows a rail link between Astrakhan and Saratov via Krasny Kut station. This part of Ryazan-Uralsk rail line was completed in 1910 so it's absent on earlier maps.

lycortas
Sergeant

map

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks for showing the map, i only have one map of Russia from 1918 and it shows the rail lines i mentioned.

Yea, i am researching leaders for my mod and i have already added Vatzetis as a two star leader at start as by September 1918 he was commander in chief of the Red army, which is impossible in the current system.

thanks for the map,

Michael

lycortas
Sergeant

continue

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 am

Kay, my buddy with his doctorate in Russian something says the Orenburg - Omsk - Chelyabinsk route was finished in 1917.

But he agrees that my map is wrong and that Astrakhan was already connected.

Mike

Hohenlohe

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:37 am

In case of the Red Officers ingame there seems to be some small problems.
First most of the figures aka numbers of the generals like the following:2-0-0 or 3-0-1 or such else seems very incorrect to me because some of them are traited as Ex-Imperial_Officers and therefore they had some decent officer training in the Tsarist Army.So their data needs an overhaul.

Second there are two important officers like Sorokin and Muraviev which will be lost very soon by the related events. Even with two or three Polit Commissars in their stack they will be lost soon.

I hope that a player could influence this with some political units like cheka units and commissars and prevent the lost of the two generals as long as possible.

Third I want to suggest that the White factions should get a new unit - the Military Police - functioning like a cheka unit to stop or prevent desertions in white army stacks for some decent unit cost and to influence eventually revolts in the hinterlands...

Sofar my small suggestions... :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs: :D :cool:

edit: additionally I want to suggest to give cheka or military police units the trait "occupier" or a new Trait like "Police unit" which should influence the loyalty of a city or province in which they will be stationed by 2 loyalty points per turn. And additionally the anarchists and greens should get a new unit named "Agitators" which could influence the loyalty of any province or city they will be stationed inside...
That are only some thoughts about the game and its possibilities...
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Third I want to suggest that the White factions should get a new unit - the Military Police - functioning like a cheka unit to stop or prevent desertions in white army stacks for some decent unit cost and to influence eventually revolts in the hinterlands...

Whites are the Good guys, there are no desertions, no looters, they are cool with occupied paesants that's why they can't revolt. So Whites don't need MP. So, Whites sent the Cosaks for this little task (mate the usual some bandits).
But in 1920 Whites had to open their eyes, as their arrogance was not longer enough to hide their own realty.
Creating White Military Police should cost EP since 1920, and before it should cost more EP plus NM.

give cheka or military police units the trait "occupier" or a new Trait like "Police unit" which should influence the loyalty of a city or province in which they will be stationed by 2 loyalty points per turn.

2 points is too much: 1 point should be good, if Cheka is in a commanded force (a general is in). Cheka was good as a punishing unit, but somewhat couter-productive for loyalty. The loyalty job was for the strategical big talkers as Lenin or Trotski. Tcheka could write pamphlets too, but people mistrust them.

lycortas
Sergeant

regions

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm

One problem I see is that the urban centers of the Trans-Siberia are pro White/green with no Red loyalty. Omsk in particular was very pro Red.
Obviously we would have to leave 50 or 60 % White loyalty so they can build there but can we adjust the region file so that regions have 3 loyalties at game
start?

In the region file now regions start as White/Green or Red/Green, if we add a Red loyalty as well what variables should be listed where?

Mike

Return to “Help to improve RUS”