ussdefiant
Corporal

A few impressions

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Yello, just went and bought this game, and it's been quite interesting so far, especially this campaign i've started as the Southern Whites.

I have noticed however a few isssues that have notably raised their heads so far:

1) Conscript and/or Engagement Point income seem to be rather low for the S. Whites in particular. Starting with 1 or 2 points of each seem to doom the Whites to a rather swift death by attrition, even if they can grab Ekatinaberg and points south from there.

2) General deaths seem to be occuring at a rather high rate. I've noted 2 deaths of 1-star generals and lost the good Don 2-star general in the first 3 turns. In my ongoing Red campaign there's been a number of dead generals in the first few turns as well. Shouldn't death rates at least be the same as AACW or so? Or perhaps more leaders can show up?

3) I was able to start a Force Conscript operation in Baku, which is entirely inaccessable and presumably neutral.

4) Various script errors in the first few turns on full debug, not certain what they're trying to activate for the whites.

5) The Whites don't start with the ability to recruit any units larger than one element?

6)None of the sides start with anything in their replacement pools? Seems to make the Reds in particular rather fragile with those easily blowupable Red Guards.

Seb

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 pm

ussdefiant wrote:
1) Conscript and/or Engagement Point income seem to be rather low for the S. Whites in particular. Starting with 1 or 2 points of each seem to doom the Whites to a rather swift death by attrition, even if they can grab Ekatinaberg and points south from there.

2) General deaths seem to be occuring at a rather high rate. I've noted 2 deaths of 1-star generals and lost the good Don 2-star general in the first 3 turns. In my ongoing Red campaign there's been a number of dead generals in the first few turns as well. Shouldn't death rates at least be the same as AACW or so? Or perhaps more leaders can show up?

4) Various script errors in the first few turns on full debug, not certain what they're trying to activate for the whites.

5) The Whites don't start with the ability to recruit any units larger than one element?

6)None of the sides start with anything in their replacement pools? Seems to make the Reds in particular rather fragile with those easily blowupable Red Guards.

All of these are on purpose, while we could change it in a future version. These are quite "touchy" parameters and we could change it only very carefully.

About the elements : the Reds are the only one that can recruit directly on a division-scale to ease their use. We did not want the players to manage hundred of regiments at the end of the game
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Clovis

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 pm

ussdefiant wrote:Yello, just went and bought this game, and it's been quite interesting so far, especially this campaign i've started as the Southern Whites.

I have noticed however a few isssues that have notably raised their heads so far:

3) I was able to start a Force Conscript operation in Baku, which is entirely inaccessable and presumably neutral.

3) Regional Decision are yet under work...and discussion ;)

4) will be fixed in the first patch. They don't affect gameplay; for example, some are just hindering White AI to build....boats :)

Oh...Take Ekaterinodar and Novossi... quick. Clean All Kuban from Red Units. Wait the end of WW1 to turn North, to the richer Ukraine. And Keep harbours to get Allied help.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

J P Falcon
Private

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:12 pm

"2) General deaths seem to be occuring at a rather high rate. I've noted 2 deaths of 1-star generals and lost the good Don 2-star general in the first 3 turns. In my ongoing Red campaign there's been a number of dead generals in the first few turns as well. Shouldn't death rates at least be the same as AACW or so? Or perhaps more leaders can show up?"

Historically the death rate for Generals was high during the RCW, especially among the Southern Whites, Don, and Kuban Cossacks. Perhaps an option slider could be created to set the death rate at various degrees of occurance for those who want to either slow it down, or ramp it up!

Return to “Help to improve RUS”