Christophe.Barot

map errata

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 pm

just downloaded (at last, thanks philippe) and installed RuS

very nice map and military icons :coeurs: :thumbsup:

Volgograd/Stalingrad is indeed Tsaritsyn : right !
no problem for st petersburg/petrograd (future leningrad some time)

I didn't check nijni novgorod then gorki ,then nijni novorod back - will do, guess it's righty nijni novgorod

BUT

today's donetsk (and former Stalino) isn't donetsk in 1917 (nor 1914), it is [color="Red"]Yuzhovka ![/color], so named according to founder of heavy industry (coal, steelworks there), the Scotsman Hughes - deformed Hughes-ovka ("the hughsian") in youz(or youj) ovka

was named donetsk after (not sure it was renamed donetsk between revolution and stalinist era, or directly yuzhovka in stalino, but when revolution occured, wasn't donetsk, was yuzhovka (like in 1914 game map :thumbsup :)

so, next patch, please, think about it ;) ...

barbu
Captain

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 am

And this is how, slowly, my ability to find my way through Russia and Ukraine because of European football team names is fading...

:D

Krot
Sergeant

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

I'll try to enliven this old but yet important topic. Thank you Christophe for starting it. So far with 1.02a patch we still have Donetsk instead of rightful Yuzovka.
Yuzovka played the role of Red bastion in Donbass coal industry region that was vital for military operations in Ukraine and South Russia during Civil war. This role is demonstrated by the names that Communists gave to the city: in 1923 Yuzovka renamed to Trotsk but only for few months, in 1924-1961 it was Stalino and only in 1961 the city was given politically neutral name Donetsk that has survived till present day.
So the name of Yuzovka is frequently met in Civil War bibliography. With all the aforementioned I'd ask to change Donetsk to Yuzovka if possible.

Please excuse my grammar. Here in Russia we have already begun to celebratre the coming glorious day of Red army anniversary .

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 am

As we can see on the 2nd screen here, Neman has been named twice, the one near Suwalki is wrong (the other, born near Minsk, is the good one Neman).

Halibutt
Conscript

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Okay, my 2 eurocents:
  • rail between Bila Tserkva and Cherkassy. Map shows it passes through Korsun, but rail-mobile units go through Kaniv, one prov to the north, eventhough Kaniv only has a track and not a railroad.
  • Vorska river is actually named Vorskla

Cheers

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:08 pm

About the 2nd Nema river (if still any), that's not Nema: it's Sesupé river:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=205080&postcount=6
Here my small patch, if it was not corrected in last patch.
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=205178&postcount=29

Halibutt
Conscript

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 am

A couple more:
- Vilnius was called Vilna back then. Both in English, French and Russian.
- Ivano-Frankivsk was Stanisławów (or Stanislawow, if you prefer it without diacritics). Both before and after WWI. It was not until 1962 that the town was renamed after Ivan Franko (hence the modern name).
Cheers

Return to “Help to improve RUS”