lodilefty

RUS {public beta} Patch 1.06 RC2 = October 16, 2012

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Hopefully nothing functionally wrong now, so it will soon be official!

See attached update log for changes.

Some changes of note:

• Modification to rules for blocking crossing of a River region between two land region [via a crossing link]
    • To block movement of enemy land forces across a River:
      • The River region must be Shallow water
      • Ships must be in Offensive [Orange] posture
      • 4 combat type ships will block movement of enemy land forces
    • Land unit bombardment of non-moving ships
      • Land artillery must meet the bombardment requirements
        • Entrenchment must be 3 or higher, range must be 6 or higher
        • Elements must be capable of selecting a Naval target
          • Armored Trains may not fire upon Naval Units
      • The leader [if any] of the land group must be active
      • The land force must activate the Special Order to bombard ships.

• Fixed the exploit where a newly built unit could be incorporated into a Division, whereby the cost to build was immediately refunded
  • Fixed a bug whereby a unit under siege could always escape from the region using a specific sequence of Movement orders, Passive posture, and Evasive Move Special Order settings
  • Enable Option to switch to 120DPI text for higher resolution displays See Main Menu – System

• For Finland option to appear for Southern Whites choice:
    • Start date June 1, 1919
    • End Date December 16, 1919
    • Southern Whites must have already taken the "Recognize Independance" option
    • Southern Whites must have taken the Balts Join option
    • The Yudenich Army option must have already been taken by Southern Whites
    • REDs must not have already declared war on Finland
    • White AI will use a probability roll of 5% to choose the option

• Kiel and Kiel Bay are Unblocked at the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on June 28, 1919, and is then controlled by Southern Whites .
    This allows White and Allied fleets to enter the Baltic Sea, and represents the Royal Navy preventing RED Baltic Fleet from passing the Kiel Canal or Skagerrak.
  • Added RED Propaganda Campaign option [as seen in Drang Nach Osten]. Effective when Tcheka are activated.
  • Desetion events now also occur for Southern Whites and Komuch

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 am

Is the Strategic Map the last 1.02? http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25119-RUS-Strategic-Map
The patch file just tells "RUS Strategic Map"

" Grand Campaign, November 1919 and May 1919
▪ Large cities in Russia and Ukraine will have loyalty change toward ANA rather than GRN
"
Good catch [and it's less surprising for the players used to the past broken Green (non-)uprisings].
But why only in Grand Camp? why not the small.

Again ukranian anarchists have allways the petliurist flag! (blue-yellow of nationalists)
A far better flag can be downloaded [black with red (or green, or dark green) Ya (ukranian Ua)] here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?23057-New-Ukrainian-Anarchist-ability-icon
What do you not like in this (I already proposed it twice in patch threads)? Do petliurists and ukr ana share ingame the same icon flag (and it would give this ukr-ana flag to nationalists)?

Oh, je vois qu'enfin les statistiques principales (en haut) de jeu sont traduites (presque, sauf Victory Points), ça me redonne envie de continuer la traduc', et de supprimer enfin ce laid et incompréhensible WSU de tout le jeu français (presque, il faut garder quelquepart ingame la référence pour comprendre le forum).

Still, there are Used command and Maximum command instead of Required command and Provided command...
When will you correct that annoying errors:
You can NOT have more command than its MAXIMUM, it's incomprehensible.
The all asked command can not be used when the commandant has not enough command capacity!! How could he use a command he has not???
In a force, the commandant (and aides) provides command, his units require command (to be fully commanded). That's simple.
Historians (or/and devs?) here write and speak very badly their language (worse than me), even native one.
Please make RUS a beautiful game, not let it a childish one :evilgrin: ('Used' and 'Maximum' terms here are so, when I succeded in understanding their meaning).

lodilefty

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 pm

ERISS wrote:Is the Strategic Map the last 1.02? http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25119-RUS-Strategic-Map
The patch file just tells "RUS Strategic Map"

" Grand Campaign, November 1919 and May 1919
▪ Large cities in Russia and Ukraine will have loyalty change toward ANA rather than GRN
"
Good catch [and it's less surprising for the players used to the past broken Green (non-)uprisings].
But why only in Grand Camp? why not the small.

Again ukranian anarchists have allways the petliurist flag! (blue-yellow of nationalists)
A far better flag can be downloaded [black with red (or green, or dark green) Ya (ukranian Ua)] here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?23057-New-Ukrainian-Anarchist-ability-icon
What do you not like in this (I already proposed it twice in patch threads)? Do petliurists and ukr ana share ingame the same icon flag (and it would give this ukr-ana flag to nationalists)?

Oh, je vois qu'enfin les statistiques principales (en haut) de jeu sont traduites (presque, sauf Victory Points), ça me redonne envie de continuer la traduc', et de supprimer enfin ce laid et incompréhensible WSU de tout le jeu français (presque, il faut garder quelquepart ingame la référence pour comprendre le forum).

Still, there are Used command and Maximum command instead of Required command and Provided command...
When will you correct that annoying errors:
You can NOT have more command than its MAXIMUM, it's incomprehensible.
The all asked command can not be used when the commandant has not enough command capacity!! How could he use a command he has not???
In a force, the commandant (and aides) provides command, his units require command (to be fully commanded). That's simple.
Historians (or/and devs?) here write and speak very badly their language (worse than me), even native one.
Please make RUS a beautiful game, not let it a childish one :evilgrin: .

Clearly [to me anyway], the ANA loyalty chane applies to the 3 campaigns...[bold in quote]

Sorry, I missed the Ukranian Anarchists flag [so many threads, so much to do]

I;ll look at the Command text. IIRC it is common text to all games.

Je ne parle pas Francais. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:10 am

lodilefty wrote:Clearly [to me anyway], the ANA loyalty chane applies to the 3 campaigns...[bold in quote]

I wonder what was those dates. If dates, you should have writen "Campains of June 1918, November 1919 and May 1919"

Sorry, I missed the Ukranian Anarchists flag [so many threads, so much to do]

Ok. Then be carefull in your work, if this ukr flag is ingame shared between nationalists and anarchists (if you correct, it may remove for petliurists their good colors). (I don't know, maybe all ukranians share the same flag, and were given the colors of nowadays Ukrainia. I can't tell as I almost don't play the game, for now)

I;ll look at the Command text. IIRC it is common text to all games.

Yes I know. I can't imagine why nobody told about this since the start of AGE games! (and this is one thing among why I don't play)

Je ne parle pas Francais. :)

That's just a comment about my will of translating again, for some words can be at last shown translated ingame.

And, what about my question on the version of the strategic map pdf?

lodilefty

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am

Strategic map is v2.0

It has an icon in the start menu to help you view it....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Highlandcharge

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

Is this patch save game compatible with 1.06RC1?

Taijian
Private

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Is this patch save game compatible with 1.06RC1?

It was in my game, no guarantee, though...

lodilefty

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:11 pm

It should be.

One or two Options may act wierd though [notably tthe infamous Finland joins option, if you've already seen it available]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Lodilefty,

RC2 -I get the following event text error {evt.nam_WHI_french&British} (also french&greek but I know you fixed that).

I also have 2 versions of P.N. Kudinov... (this happened with RC1 but I didn't see it mentioned in RC2 pdf notes.it may have been fixed)

early jan 1919--
1 star Kudinov arrived as new General in Novocherkassk
2 star Kudinov appears in Viochenskaya possibly with 'Anti-cossack policy provokes insurrection in the upper Don' event (not sure)

I have saves if you need them. I didn't attach because Kudinov issue is from RC1.

thanks for all your hard work! :)
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am

jack54 wrote:Hi Lodilefty,

RC2 -I get the following event text error {evt.nam_WHI_french&British} (also french&greek but I know you fixed that).

I also have 2 versions of P.N. Kudinov... (this happened with RC1 but I didn't see it mentioned in RC2 pdf notes.it may have been fixed)

early jan 1919--
1 star Kudinov arrived as new General in Novocherkassk
2 star Kudinov appears in Viochenskaya possibly with 'Anti-cossack policy provokes insurrection in the upper Don' event (not sure)

I have saves if you need them. I didn't attach because Kudinov issue is from RC1.

thanks for all your hard work! :)

Text strings fixed: were a result of exuberant housekeeping! :bonk:

Kudinov will be fixed. The 1* comes from the Purchase Leader option, and will be removed as appropriate....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 pm

British aid has arrived in RED held Novorossiysk.

also South Russia Tank dcht moved to Persia? May be WAD since I don't own Novorossiysk but I thought it would go to Sevastopol.

Thanks......Saves and logs attached.

RUS White Supplies Red City.jpg
Attachments
RUS Supplies.rar
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 226 times
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve RUS”