Flop
Major

You've received a new general

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:42 pm

"Yay! A new general. Just what I need. I wonder where he's hiding..."

I've received several messages, during my current game, informing me that I've received a new general. When I click the message in the log, I'm not taken to his location, though, and after scouring the map, it turns out that there is no new general. Sometimes, though, the message will be followed by another message, telling me that general XYZ has arrived in some city, in which case he's actually there.

Also, I've noticed that in my current game, I still haven't gotten the decision to recruit a new general, in exchange for EP, like I have in my previous games. This may be because I haven't actually lost any generals, so far. Can anyone confirm this?

Janohito
Private

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Yep, I have got the same thing. Sometimes it just say that general have arrived but no general actually shows up

Gray_Lensman

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 pm

deleted

Flop
Major

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Here is a savegame with the first problem I described (leaders not showing up).

Another issue is that I sometimes get a message saying that soldiers are deserting, and that i should build more commissars. When I click it, it always takes me to Moscow. In the file I've attached, I've received such a message, but it doesn't seem like anyone in Moscow has deserted (and every stack in Moscow contains political units).
Attachments
Grand Campaign0.zip
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 227 times

Flop
Major

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Bumpeti-bump :)

Sorry to be impatient, I was just wondering if any of the developers have had a chance to look at the savegame? If not, that's fine, of course. Just making sure that the thread hasn't been overlooked completely.

petebeadle
Conscript

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 am

I think you have to "buy" them through the build options. Costs 4 or 5 EP's IIRC.

Cetacea
Corporal

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm

I confirm problems with leader generation. Playing SW I tried to procure several white and Don cossack leaders through the reinforcement ledger. The EP cost was subtracted; I recieved a message about the new leader but failed to identify them. All of them drunk somewhere in a barn ? :mdr:

Seriously: basic game with successive applications of RC4 and 5, patch 1.01, and hotfixes 2 and 3.

caranorn

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 am

As explained by Clovis (iirc) the new general options don't always generate new leaders, rather it's a percentage probability that a new leader appears. So the received new general message is a bit misleading as it's really only saying you played that option, paying the cost. If you were sucessful in the option you will receive a second message with the name of the general and his location (iirc)...
Marc aka Caran...

Alexor
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

caranorn wrote:As explained by Clovis (iirc) the new general options don't always generate new leaders, rather it's a percentage probability that a new leader appears. So the received new general message is a bit misleading as it's really only saying you played that option, paying the cost. If you were sucessful in the option you will receive a second message with the name of the general and his location (iirc)...

oh ok...I never saw that before. Now that explains a lot.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”