bob.
General

Critical error on build screen

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 pm

I shall have the dubious honor of the first bug report of RUS Gold:

Game throws a critical error when you select a unit on the build screen and then click on any element on the right side. Seems to be for every unit but I have only tried a few.

Tac Error
Conscript

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:42 am

I'm getting similar crashes trying to examine truck elements, and Hungarian units in the Central Powers scenario.

Owl
Major

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Can confirm this to be happening as well, doesn't seem to discriminate by what kind of element you want to inspect in build mode.

Owl
Major

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Ran some tests. The latest release candidate version from May already has this issue, while the November build doesn't seem to experience this issue. In fact, when using the November RUS.exe to launch the version that has now been released, inspecting the element works flawlessly. Hope this helps tracking down the issue.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 pm

I crashed upon attempting to inspect a checka element in the build screen.

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi

I also have a critical error and crash to desktop while inspecting an element in the build screen

Using Win7 Pro 64 bit

regards

Mark

andatiep

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Yes, i saw Chataigne reported it already in the betas' forum. This fish passed the net.
It's WE now, hope Pocus could have a look next week.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Pocus

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 am

Bug identified and fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. We will check how we can patch that rapidly.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Owl
Major

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks for the quick fix. :)

andatiep

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Pocus wrote:Bug identified and fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. We will check how we can patch that rapidly.

:)

And what about this one (for me it looks like a player's system failure) : http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39831-Crash-while-processing-turn
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Its been around 2 months now since I experienced the critical error and crash to desktop while inspecting an element in the build screen issue.
It was stated around this time that this issue was identified and fixed however it is still not patched (or I have missed it).
There clearly has been a lot of work put into the gold version, which is a very impressive piece of work, and a significant upgrade, however I feel that the lack of fixing this issue does not do this game justice.
While not a deal breaker it is an annoying bug....particularly for someone like me who likes clicking on things !!
When will this be patched?

Regards

Mark

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Ruskolnikov wrote: does not do this game justice.
While not a deal breaker it is an annoying bug....particularly for someone like me who likes clicking on things !!

That's the question... :/ Let's hope some hands are already busy preparing it.

Pocus

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:05 pm

This is fixed since some time and with the summer months over, I'm sure a patch will be out soon now.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:16 am

Yes hopefully the game will be patched soon, maybe the bugs are impossible to iron out? Or perhaps they don't have a team working on this title because it's not as popular as say: there Warhammer game etc. :/

I could only guess but I like the game nontheless.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 am

ruskolnikov wrote:its been around 2 months now since i experienced the critical error and crash to desktop while inspecting an element in the build screen issue.
It was stated around this time that this issue was identified and fixed however it is still not patched (or i have missed it).
There clearly has been a lot of work put into the gold version, which is a very impressive piece of work, and a significant upgrade, however i feel that the lack of fixing this issue does not do this game justice.

Regards

mark

--deleted-- (the message i made was rather irrelevant to the subject matter :) )

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:41 am

Sounds like it's already fixed but they're just waiting to do a comprehensive patch I guess. It's nice getting back into RUS and this is the only major bug I've run into so far.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”