burroughs
Private

Problem with joint resolution of turns / shared hosting in PBEM

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi there all

I am playing the grand campaign revolutionary civil war scenario as the red faction and my opponent is playing both southern and Siberian Whites. The problem is that I have been hosting the game since the very beginning, hoping for the introduction of joint resolution later on to make the game honest and transparent in case anyone would object - I have always deemed the AGEOD PBEM protocol as disappointing, to say the least, with giving the host too vast privileges to my liking, so to speak. When I finally moved on to shared hosting my opponent turned out to be unable to resolve the turns himself - the game keeps asking if he wants to enable the AI even though he has all of the files necessary, his and mine, and I had no problem myself with resolving the same turns. Any idea what would be the remedy in this case? Please advise.

Durk

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:11 am

Two thoughts:
1. Did you send all files?
2. There is AI like greens which need to be resolved.

My suggestion, have your opponent run the turn and see if the AI is just Greens and such. If not, you can always roll back the turn.

burroughs
Private

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:55 am

Thanks for the prompt reply Durk. I am fairly sure I am sending all the necessary files, it's been quite some time since I have been shown and using that method and it mostly works. As you know we have also been using that in our French & Indian War PBEM scenarios and haven't had any issues, have we? The greens are present all over the place indeed, but why then the interface doesn't prompt me to activate the AI ( for them ) when I resolve myself? is it because it's me who set the game up?

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we'll try that, but I need to prepare a test setup so as not to get my war plans spoilt.

Durk

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 am

Ok, my guess is that the AI reply your opponent is getting is for the Green and Anarchist factions. Your opponent should press on and resolve the turn and see what happens. If I am wrong, you can always back up the turn, but I think it is the non-player factions providing this message.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”