Orel
Brigadier General

Font problem

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Recently, I have had a slight problem that has messed up my fonts. As a result, in RUS I no longer can see the writing in tooltips, the power of armies and things like that in general.When I open the game files, I see that the words are there but are not displayed.

I have repaired the fonts themselves already and even reinstalled RUS but still the words in tooltips do not appear. What should I do to solve this problem?
For united Russia!

Durk

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 am

Where did you repair the fonts? When I had this issue I needed to install the game fonts in the Windows font folder.

Orel
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:56 am

Durk wrote:Where did you repair the fonts? When I had this issue I needed to install the game fonts in the Windows font folder.

I repaired the fonts in the control panel/fonts folder. And what are the game fonts?
For united Russia!

Orel
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Problem resolved, here is an explanation for what happened:

I installed an old game published in 2000, and along with it Adobe Acrobat 7.0. It was not the game itself but Adobe, that installed a plug-in that would cause messages in word like "Insufficient memory or disk space, word cannot display this font". As a result, I had text in the game files that would not be recognized by the computer.

How to cure this problem? Uninstall Adobe Acrobat, and restart the computer. Looks like now RUS works fine.
For united Russia!

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”