Holy Diver
Private

Game is crashing

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:41 am

Hi
I have just installed RUS(with patches) and tried to play after long brake. But I'm not able to play even first turn because game keeps crashing. There is error saying that several problems occurred. As I remember I didn't have such problems before and I'm playing on the same computer(I only made disc format). Here is log[ATTACH]25696[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25696[/ATTACH]
Please help me :(
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Pocus

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble. I see it's about the warmap, are you crashing when you open it, or as soon as your game is loaded?
Can you please try with a new installation where you don't patch the game? Then patch it without quickfix 3, and then with QF3, as your current installation. You only have to install fully the game once, then you add incrementally the patch, then the QF.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Holy Diver
Private

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:41 pm

It was crashing on some random moments during play. However now I checked option "run as an administrator" on shortcut and for now there were no problems but i didn't play much. I will see. Could this be a problem?

Pocus

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:18 am

This can be if Windows prevent the game from accessing some files because you were not admin.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Holy Diver
Private

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 pm

It looks like this was a problem, but once I have 'alt-tabbed' the game and there was crash again(but not immediately after minimizing the window- it was later during the game) with the same problems. After that I have played few games without alt-tab and until now the problem never returned. So I'm not sure but it looks that I can't minimize the game window for some reason. Or maybe this was just an accident

motrek
Civilian

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 am

I have recently encountered many frustrating crashes under 1.06a QF3 and was ready to give up.
These would often happen while scrolling the map. Finally, my cheap iHome mouse quit working--
the third one in 18 months, so I bought a new wireless mouse (it was on sale). So far, played
Ice March all the way through with no problem, and my short campaign game has been so far stable.

Hope this helps!

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”