Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

There's something wrong with 1.06a.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 am

I ran into this problem multiple times a few weeks ago when I tried to play. Fired up another Drang campaign and it happened again. I actually saved it this time. This is a new install with 1.06a and QF1. The first time was on a different install with just 1.06a.

[ATTACH]21108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21107[/ATTACH]

Essentially, there is some kind of overflow bug during battle resolution that prevents proper capture of regions or destruction of units. This always happens when assaulting enemy structures under siege. 1 enemy unit overflows or something, and the attackers continuously assault these ghosts multiple times until the turn ends. In the turn above, I assault the "ghost" horse artillery 6 times, inflicting hundreds upon hundreds of hits, but suffering a handful in return. Of course, this also results in most of my generals dieing due to the problem with generals dieing in low intensity battles. It also sent turn resolution from under 3 minutes to 10+ minutes. Each one of these battles takes over 1 minute to resolve. In all of the instances I've seen this bug, it is just one enemy element taking hundreds of hits per battle and not being removed. Hopefully it's repeatable, I included the turn it happened and the backup turn in the .rar above.
Attachments
106a bug.jpg
RedDrang106a.rar
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 164 times

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:54 pm

lodilefty

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Hmmm. I see it [both here and the cited thread in RoP] but I'm unable to repeat it!

One attempt resulted in the White Garrison surrendering before battle!

Other attempts resulted in complete annhilitation of Whites, with normal battle result and capture.

Debug is compounded by the fact that the Whites are an Unselectable Faction, thus no trn files arte saved!

This one goes to the Master's Inbox!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 am

Here's something I've seen 1 or 2 other times since 1.06a that might be related.

[ATTACH]21125[/ATTACH]

Where did those extra cavalry come from? This one isn't a game breaker per se (at least not as long as it's just a few extra elements and not a whole army mysteriously appearing with the initial forces)
Attachments
106a minorbug.jpg

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 am

I'm going to keep you all busy. I've got another minor problem in a very rare capital ship naval battle..

[ATTACH]21126[/ATTACH]

It says no commanding general for the Germans, but they had a ton of admirals in that fleet. I'm guessing this is because there is "land" units in the fleet (the aircraft elements on the aircraft carriers). The actual results aren't as wierd as they look. The German ships were almost all at low cohesion.
Attachments
106a minorbug2.jpg

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”