Quirk
Lieutenant

Game keeps crashing

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello,

I have come so far with the Siberian Whites and now my game suddenly keeps crashing on the turn resolution phase :(

[ATTACH]17989[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Logs.zip
(48.03 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Durk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:25 am

I had a similar issue with the game crashing during turn resolution. It was not an issue with the game. It was an issue with file corruption. The solution for my issue was to go back one turn, eliminating all files for the crash turn, replay the previous turn to create new files, and then proceed.
If you wish to try this solution, you may want to make good notes on your current moves, then use the go-back option in the load game menu. Next, make certain all files for the current turn are eliminated, they should be just because you rewound the game. Make your new moves, then execute.
If you are playing solo, this should do it. If you are playing with others, they will also need to delete all current files and use the newly generated files for their turn orders.

This may not be your issues, but it was how a similar issue was fixed.

Quirk
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 am

Hello Durk,

question is, where do I find the current game turns? Aren't they in the "Saves" folder? I went back one turn today in the morning, but the only files I can find are from my last try yesterday evening...
Now when I erase all the files from yesterday and go on "Next turn" he only saves the game and nothing happens.

Durk

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:22 am

What you report is a bit odd. Your are correct, these files are in the saves folder and should be in the sub-folder in the Saves folder for the name of the game you are playing.
So by your last try yesterday evening, do you mean the folders from the files where the turn did not execute correctly?

I think, and this is a big guess, the reasons you do not have a next turn execute is you did not move the units and save, creating a new ord file. If this is not the case, you may need radical surgery; the type used in the 1800s where a saw and something to bite on was the 'best' fix.
Go back one turn more, that is go back two turns, reissue orders and save, then try to execute.

Quirk
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, the campaign folder of my actual game. All dates of the files were from Saturday and not Sunday.

So which files exactly do I have to erase? The whole folder so to speak, no?

Durk

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:39 am

You are beyond my ability to help. Hopefully someone with a better idea will help.

Leibst

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Quirk.
It seems you are playing as Whites and you have a problem with the ord file of the Reds.
Are you playing against a human or a the AI?
- If it is against a human do this: Tell your opponent to send you a new ord file a substitute the old one for this one and then run the turn.
- If it is against IA Load the turn as Reds, then save the turn and exit, then reload as White and execute the turn. If this doesnt works try to check all the orders of the Reds.

Also you can go back to the previous turn, you can do it from the Load Menu, put the cursor over your turn file and press home.

Quirk
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

No problem. Thanks for your help, Durk!

@Leibstandarte:
Yes, I am playing as Siberian Whites against the AI and the game crashes during the resolution phase. I already went back to one turn before, but it did solve the problem.
How do I load the turn as the Red player?

Leibst

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 am

Quirk wrote:@Leibstandarte:
Yes, I am playing as Siberian Whites against the AI and the game crashes during the resolution phase. I already went back to one turn before, but it did solve the problem.
How do I load the turn as the Red player?

Press the button i mark in red in the Load Menu, see the picture.
The attachment gamecrashes.JPG is no longer available

Then you can see the RED.ord file, click on it and you will be playing as the RED.
Even you can try to execute the turn from the Red side.
Attachments
gamecrashes.JPG

Quirk
Lieutenant

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 pm

That helped, although I did not do anything ;)
I loaded the RED.ord file, exited right away and loaded my Siberian save game. Now I could play the next turn. Will see for how long :)

Thank you Leibstandarte!

Leibst

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Quirk wrote:That helped, although I did not do anything ;)
I loaded the RED.ord file, exited right away and loaded my Siberian save game. Now I could play the next turn. Will see for how long :)

Thank you Leibstandarte!

good to read it works! ;)

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”