Gustophus
Civilian

Game Issues

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 am

This is a great game but it is frustrating due to the number of problems I am encountering with it that inhibit and detract from fully enjoying this game.

First I had issues playing the White Siberians. I click for a partial mobilization and the conscripts never show up. The option is there every turn but it is never executed when I select it. I did double check to make sure that I had all necessary requirements like money, nm, etc. which I did. Also When I select a new White General it tells me one has arrived but it don't show me where and it does not appear. The option disappears as if carried out though. Options are totally missing for politics and diplomacy and I went up to 1921. Not sure if that is to be that way. Finally the game freezes up and goes to a black screen with only cursor showing after a few hours of play.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to see if they would help.

I have been playing as the Southern Whites this time, and still have encountered problems. The game freezing and going to a black screen is still too frequent. For a time getting the requested generals and conscripts happens without mishap. However starting at the end of 1920 this has become a problem just like it was playing as the White Siberians. Yudenich Army option is shown in the title as a choice but the picture icon does not appear not allowing it to take place as well. And finally to add injury to insult, I still have managed to take most of Russia and was besieging Moscow with a powerful army despite the mishaps and now the game refuses to advance to the next turn. It just keeps sending me back to the main menu and gives a location for the saved game I should look up and send to you. It says to find it in C:/Program Files (x86) Revolution Under Siege/RUS/Logos/!Main logo.txt under the saved files. I search for this on my computer and it cannot be found. I look in the files I do have for the game and no such thing appears.

Is this going to be fixable?

Durk

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:27 am

I am not sure where to show you the place to fix the issues you are experiencing.

Two questions:
1. What system is your computer using, for instance Win Vista or Win 7?
2. Are you in the latest patch?

These issues are 'fixed' or not present for many players.

The options are not guarantees like they are in other games. New General is pool dependent and uses a random number to happen. I am not certain what you mean by partial mobilization. This sounds more like a different game. Can you be more precise about what option you are choosing?
The game freezing option, is this time dependent or is it related to some action you are taking, like moving a supply unit?
It is pretty much fixed. But, if you can be more specific about computer issues, these can be addressed.

lodilefty

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:38 am

Game freezes?

I run Vista, and get a black screen, and "(Not Responding") during turn execution (AI calculations phase), but after the game runs a bit longer, it comes back to life.

I'm guessing that WIN7 and Vista have different ways of handling graphics.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Gustophus
Civilian

Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:09 am

Durk,

Yes I have the latest patch and am running on Windows 7.

Durk

Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 am

What a long time of frustration for you. I have some suggestions:

Run as an administrator. Windows 7 is odd in that it thinks you are dumb and runs programs without needed permissions. Use the Right button and select 'Run as Administrator' or select properties and set as a permanent option to run this program as an administrator.

The only existing glitch I know about is the British supply in Astrakhan which will throw you out of the game if you click on them.

Try running as admin and see if this is a fix for you.
If not, try the Window 7 program trouble shooter. It lets you try previous versions of windows on any program. You start the trouble shooter and then try opening the game and it picks the best version.

I think you are not having game issues but system issues.

If running as admin and running in best version do not work for you, check back

paez
Civilian

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Durk
Im sorry to post here but I have a problem trying to start the game
" see previous tread"
Do you know who here can help with it ??
Thank you

Durk

Starting game

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 am

paez wrote:Hi Durk
Im sorry to post here but I have a problem trying to start the game
" see previous tread"
Do you know who here can help with it ??
Thank you

What computer system are you using?
This might help. I always buy from Ageod direct, but let's figure it out.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”