A White Guy
Conscript

Drang Nocht Osten: Partial Mobilization isn't working

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

I can't seem to partially mobilize, even though I have more than enough resources to:

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something? Barring that and it's just a bug, can anyone tell me how to add manpower through save game editing? It basically makes the scenario unplayable without mobilization.

I should also note that I recruited prisoners a few turns ago, and that worked perfectly...so, maybe that's bugged?

Highlandcharge

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi there, I dont think you are missing anything, I am playing as the Germans in a pbem game and have tried to do partial mobilization a couple of times but nothing happened, so there must be a bug... me and my opponent are enjoying the campaign, it would be nice of the bug could be fixed :)

A White Guy
Conscript

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Is there a way to edit the save game to increase manpower? That might serve as a temporary solution.

A White Guy
Conscript

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 am

Here's the file text for German Partial mobilization:

Code: Select all

NULL = NULL

SelectFaction = $GER
StartEvent = evt_nam_GER_PartialMobilization_AIActivate|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
  MinDate = 1921/01/01

CheckAILevel = 1
  ActorEnabled = $gmaOptionPol;GER_PartialMobilization
  Probability = 85

Actions
  GenTextMsg  = opt_notify_NewPolOption;1;NULL;NULL;NULL
  ChangeOption = $gmaOptionPol;GER_PartialMobilization;1

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $GER
StartEvent = evt_nam_GER_PartialMobilization_ON|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
  MinDate = 1921/01/01

Actions
  ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionPol;MaxUse;1;ResetFreq;1;ImageID;Opt_GER_Mobilization2.png;Title;opt_title_GER_PartialMobilization;MsgString;opt_desc_GER_PartialMobilization;ToolString;opt_hint_GER_PartialMobilization;SubType;GER_PartialMobilization;SParam1;GER

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $GER
StartEvent = evt_nam_PartialMobilization|1|1|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
  CheckOption = $gmaOptionPol;GER_PartialMobilization;=;1
  EvalEngagementPts = >=;1
  MinDate = 1921/01/01

Actions
  ChgFacEngagementPts = -1
  ChangeMoneyPool = -5
  ChangeConscriptPool = 150
  ChangeFacMorale = -1
  ChgVPCount = -10
  Replacement = GER;$famLine;3
  Replacement = GER;$famMilitia;5
  Replacement = GER;$famLightInf;1
  Replacement = GER;$famCavalry;1
  ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Area_Central_Powers;-5

SelectFaction = $RED
  ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Area_Central_Powers;5

SelectFaction = $GER
  GenTextMsg  = opt_notify_GER_PartialMobilization;1;NULL;NULL;NULL

SelectFaction = $RED
  GenTextMsg  = opt_notify_GermanPartialMobilization;1;NULL;NULL;NULL

SelectFaction = $GER
  ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionPol;MaxUse;0;SubType;GER_PartialMobilization

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $GER
StartEvent = evt_nam_GER_PartialMobilization_Regen|12|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
  MinDate = 1921/01/01
  TurnIndex = 6;12;18;0
  ActorDisabled = $gmaOptionPol;GER_PartialMobilization
  Probability = 50

Actions
  GenTextMsg  = opt_notify_GER_PartialMobilization_Regen;1;NULL;NULL;NULL
  ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionPol;MaxUse;1;ResetFreq;1;ImageID;Opt_GER_Mobilization2.png;Title;opt_title_GER_PartialMobilization;MsgString;opt_desc_GER_PartialMobilization;ToolString;opt_hint_GER_PartialMobilization;SubType;GER_PartialMobilization;SParam1;GER

EndEvent

Highlandcharge

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am

Sorry for my ignorance, what file would I have to edit and add the txt?

A White Guy
Conscript

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 am

Highlandcharge wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, what file would I have to edit and add the txt?

It's not the correct text unfortunately. That's the default text on file, and I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't work. Everything seems to be in order.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 am

Hi Axe! Your AAR inspired me to play this campaign as well. Have you done partial mob before? In my current game I did it before full and they both worked.

My biggest error right now is erroneous Red messages. They declared war on the balts and it worked fine. A couple of turns later it said they declared war on the other 3, but nothing happened. When I used the Romanian and transcaucasian option after that, they both joined fine though.

A White Guy
Conscript

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:35 am

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Hi Axe! Your AAR inspired me to play this campaign as well. Have you done partial mob before? In my current game I did it before full and they both worked.

My biggest error right now is erroneous Red messages. They declared war on the balts and it worked fine. A couple of turns later it said they declared war on the other 3, but nothing happened. When I used the Romanian and transcaucasian option after that, they both joined fine though.

According to my AAR, I partially mobilized in Turn 4, after I had done a General Mobilization I think on turn 2. Also, in my test game, the Reds declared war on Romania, despite the fact that Romania had already entered the war :confused: . This scenario has major issues and I frankly have no idea how to fix this current big one.

EDIT:Attempted to mobilize for the third turn in a row. Nothing.

Jesus h.christ, is there a probability attached with partially mobilizing that I can't see in the events file? This is ridiculous.

PhilThib

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 am

A save game is needed to check why the option does not fire. Please provide one on the turn you are attempting to take the option :confused:

A White Guy
Conscript

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 am

PhilThib wrote:A save game is needed to check why the option does not fire. Please provide one on the turn you are attempting to take the option :confused:

Save game with replay is attached.

For those of you watching my AAR, no peeking.

[ATTACH]17210[/ATTACH]
Attachments
DNO Germany 91.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

PhilThib

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

There was a mistake indeed inside the game events, the mobilization could occur only once...so you may have launched it once already (the report says the event already occured), which worked, but the next occurences were not allowed.

The enclosed should fix that (so I hope) :cool:
Attachments
RUS Drang Options Politics.rar
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:34 pm

PhilThib wrote:The enclosed should fix that (so I hope)

The Windows .sct file goes in \RUS\Events folder.

A White Guy
Conscript

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 am

PhilThib wrote:There was a mistake indeed inside the game events, the mobilization could occur only once...so you may have launched it once already (the report says the event already occured), which worked, but the next occurences were not allowed.

The enclosed should fix that (so I hope) :cool:

the decision still does not function correctly :( . I noticed that I had more manpower than I normally receive when I mobilized the next turn, but not the 150 conscripts + reinforcements.

Save enclosed, as per usual.

[ATTACH]17232[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Testing Mobilization.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 196 times

PhilThib

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 pm

I haven't got much time to test... will try later this week.
In the meanwile, try this fix and let me know, we are checking something about a potential script feature bug we found in other games and that may cause the issue (not sure though) :confused:
Attachments
RUS Drang Options Politics.rar
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

A White Guy
Conscript

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

PhilThib wrote:I haven't got much time to test... will try later this week.
In the meanwile, try this fix and let me know, we are checking something about a potential script feature bug we found in other games and that may cause the issue (not sure though) :confused:

Mobilization still does not work. I appreciate your effort though - I just hope that its not a hard-code issue.

Save attached:

[ATTACH]17237[/ATTACH]

Also, I noticed this in the message log:

My guess is that the Reds used their propaganda decision, but I don't know if it fired correctly.
Attachments
DNO German 93.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 218 times

PhilThib

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 am

I'll check once more. About the RED message, it did work properly, what you see is just a message that was not properly or correctly translated into the string files (or the translation is there but the text alias has a typo, most likely)...

Will check all again soon. Thanks

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

PhilThib wrote:I'll check once more. About the RED message, it did work properly, what you see is just a message that was not properly or correctly translated into the string files (or the translation is there but the text alias has a typo, most likely)...

Will check all again soon. Thanks

I think I got it fixed. See here:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=231200#post231200

PhilThib

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Good find. I'll pass the info to Seb so that the source is fixed :thumbsup:

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”