Respenus

Game tend to freeze, unknown cause

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 am

Sorry to report the same problem here, but with the Germany scenario. It's turn 3 or 4 and it locked up the first time during turn resolution, but the second and third time during battle resolution. There are plenty of resources for the computer to work with and the game is installed outside the Programme Files. I still haven't tried any other scenarios, although the last tutorial worked for me without a hinge. I'll also try turning the music off, but I do have the latest drivers installed and no other game is causing problems, so I'm doubtful its that, but worth a try.

I'll add the MainLog, but there isn't anything there. I'll report back later on, after trying other scenarios and the sound option.

Still a damn good game if you ask me. Can anyone say WW1 mod?
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Clovis

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:16 am

Respenus wrote:Sorry to report the same problem here, but with the Germany scenario. It's turn 3 or 4 and it locked up the first time during turn resolution, but the second and third time during battle resolution. There are plenty of resources for the computer to work with and the game is installed outside the Programme Files. I still haven't tried any other scenarios, although the last tutorial worked for me without a hinge. I'll also try turning the music off, but I do have the latest drivers installed and no other game is causing problems, so I'm doubtful its that, but worth a try.

I'll add the MainLog, but there isn't anything there. I'll report back later on, after trying other scenarios and the sound option.

Still a damn good game if you ask me. Can anyone say WW1 mod?

We will investigate this.

Where have bought your copy? Just in case of a corrupted sound file...

Thanks. the 1.01 patch will be much better.

A WW1 mod? The map isn't sufficiently large fort this on its Western side...
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Respenus

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:33 am

Clovis wrote:We will investigate this.

Where have bought your copy? Just in case of a corrupted sound file...

Thanks. the 1.01 patch will be much better.

A WW1 mod? The map isn't sufficiently large fort this on its Western side...

The copy was bough from AgeOD, that is, I got the link directly from Philippe Thibaut, but the download site was AgeOD.

The thing is, it isn't the sound. It depends on the size of the battle, if it is a big one, it will stop, but if it is a smaller one, the chances of it happening, are well, smaller. Played the same scenario as before.

One thing that might be of interest. Tried Alt-Tab to the Task manager. If I left the game play itself out, I could continue normally. During turn resolution, the screen would go black and if I did the same thing, I could continue normally. Well, I only tried this one turn, so I don't know if it would happen again. It seems that there is something which is putting too much strain on the game, causing it to stop, almost crash, just so it can "finish" in peace.

About WW1. Yeah, I know the map doesn't cover it and changing it would be, well, a new game. But can you say Brusilov offensive?

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Respenus wrote:It depends on the size of the battle, if it is a big one, it will stop, but if it is a smaller one, the chances of it happening, are well, smaller. Played the same scenario as before.
Mmmh, could still be a sound issue: Not all sounds are played in all battles. Some are specific to certain units (Machine Gun sound for example).

Thanks for reporting.

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Respenus

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 am

I must mention that the game stopped responding even when the sounds were deactivated, meaning that it isn't sound related. Which probably means that I would need to post in another thread, but since the discussion has taken place here already, I see no need.

I unfortunately did not have the time to test out anything else today, so it will have to wait for a while in order for me to repeat the problem. I will upload the save game, but I can't remember if it is the turn the problems started or the turn afterwards. Worth a try if you have the time.
Attachments
7-Drang19210.rar
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 182 times

Cat Lord

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 am

Apologies, misunderstanding from my part.

You got your own thread now. :)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”