Stratman
Captain

Soviet - Polish War

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 am

I have question :)

Is "Soviet - Polish war" a scripted part of Grand Campaign, or just only a single scenario?

I play RUS GC and 30% is already done, but at the moment (1919) there is nothing about this conflict in the game ledger.

Another words - should I start that single Soviet-Polish scenario, or anyway I find this war later in 1920 in Grand Campaign RUS GOLD?

Durk

Re: Soviet - Polish War

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 am

The Soviet Polish War does occur in the Grand Campaign. There are some variable factors as to when the Polish forces become active. I am not fully certain of the parameters for the Gold version of RUS, but in the older game:
Low NM of the Southern Whites was a major factor. When they enter, they are controlled by the Eastern/Siberian White.
The Poles are challenged to do well, but if played well with a bit of luck, they can liberate Poland and the regions of Russia which they control.

That said, the Polish/Soviet scenario is a nice stand alone game, also.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 am

Durk wrote:The Soviet Polish War does occur in the Grand Campaign. There are some variable factors as to when the Polish forces become active.
. In the older game, low NM of the Southern Whites was a major factor. When they enter, they are controlled by the Eastern/Siberian White.

Yes, that's why in RusGold the white NM is set back to 100 when poles attack.

. The Poles are challenged to do well, but if played well with a bit of luck, they can liberate Poland and the regions of Russia which they control.

Yes that's a trap: don't forget you play for the victory of Blessed Russia, not for the Two-Seas Great-Poland as a power against you...
Some warmonger white players are badly surprised by 'their' big victory..
viewtopic.php?p=374114#p374114
viewtopic.php?p=365952#p365952

Stratman
Captain

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Durk, ERISS thank you for such detailed explanations!

As I understand Poles in Grand Campaign controls by AI (as Green faction), not by human player.
But in a single scenario they could control by Human, do they?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm

SMikh wrote:As I understand Poles in Grand Campaign controls by AI, not by human player.

Contrary, that do is the trap! See in "Game Events Chronology" pdf, p.54-56; and that's why morales are set back to 100 (as, if not, Poles would start with the White russian morale).
A too good Eastern White player with the Poles plays against himself and moreover against Southern White.

Stratman
Captain

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 am

I am absolutely crazy about AGEod.
The more I play the more I love it :coeurs:

Durk

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 am

SMikh wrote:Durk, ERISS thank you for such detailed explanations!

As I understand Poles in Grand Campaign controls by AI (as Green faction), not by human player.

In pbem play, that is, a three player game; the Eastern Whites (Siberians) control the Polish faction. The Poles are controlled by AI only if the player is playing Reds against AI Whites.

Stratman
Captain

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:20 am

Durk wrote:
In pbem play, that is, a three player game; the Eastern Whites (Siberians) control the Polish faction. The Poles are controlled by AI only if the player is playing Reds against AI Whites.

I would say "not only in pbem" :)
I used to play all AGEod titles against myself for all sides. That`s my way of life.
These games are too good to play`em against AI :)

Khanti
Captain

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 am

SMikh wrote:Durk, ERISS thank you for such detailed explanations!

Yes, there is single scenario you can play Poland or Revolutionary Russia. Whites are AI controlled, but they can be modded to be playable.

Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Soviet&Poles war is tough for Reds in pbem campaign scenario. In single scenario, much better chance but still not easy.

Stratman
Captain

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Khanti wrote:
Yes, there is single scenario you can play Poland or Revolutionary Russia. Whites are AI controlled, but they can be modded to be playable.

Yep, I got it! But there is a good news for me: soviet-polish war occurs in the RUS GOLD Grand Campaign and I can manage Reds, Whites, Polish and Ukrainian by myself!
In this case I will continue playing my GC knowing that I will find this conflict later.

Baris wrote:Soviet&Poles war is tough for Reds in pbem campaign scenario. In single scenario, much better chance but still not easy.

I wrote earlier I'm playing all sides against myself. At the moment (June 1919) Reds wins a little mostly because of the invasion of Finland, but whole situation is tough.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 pm

SMikh wrote:
I wrote earlier I'm playing all sides against myself. .

Yes I've read it that's why I've put significance on pbem. :) I've learned Rise of Prussia by playing other player.

In the grand campaign currently if Reds lose to Polish they maintain the the army but against Whites -real enemy- lose by victory points.

Khanti
Captain

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 pm

What I miss in RUS is the possibility of selling prisoners as it is in AJE. :rolleyes:
In AJE, this is an important source of income. :nuts:
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Khanti wrote:What I miss in RUS is the possibility of selling prisoners
In AJE, this is an important source of income.

A goal of bourgeois revolution (such french and american, but bolchevik was paradoxally one too) was to totally submit paesantry (monarchy had let them some freedom), so the bourgeoisy cut the people logistics (no possible strategy without logistics, the class war of bourgeoisy onto people was mainly won, but who still want to fight has not totally lost).
Once people has no longer free means of living, they must beg it to owners, who ask then people to work for them. So there is no longer need of slavery (save to destroy people), compelled work, as people ask themselves to work for masters who have no longer the burden of compelling and feeding them: waged labor is a dream for those who controle the money.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”