allan_boa
Colonel

Eastern White first moves ?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi, First let me say that I'm a AGEOD newbie. I'm discovering the game(s). I'm looking for advice with the RUS Great Campaign when playing the Eastern Whites.

What should I do during the first 3 or 4 turns ? Should I first start building my armies, bring leader-less troops to already existing armies, should I use my general to create new armies, should I attack directly ? if yes, where ? or ... ?

A good written AAR could do the job, as well as a let's play (eastern whites) but couldn't find one that suits my purpose ...

I'm feeling a bit confused and I would appreciate some advise from veteran dudes.
Or should I pick an other faction to start ?

Anyway, thank you in advance for your assistance. :papy:
Last edited by allan_boa on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

deguerra
Major

Re: Eastern White first moves ?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi alla_boa,

I can't help too much myself, but have you seen the AARs on the paradox forums as well?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/who-put-the-stranded-admiral-in-charge-siberian-white-short-campaign-pbem.571687/ especially might be of use to you.

-deguerra

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Oh Thanks !
I didn't know it was also on Paradox forum. Thought it was a Matrix/Slitherine game ?
Anyway, the AAR looks good. But it is starting in 1919, not in 1917 ...
Will read it anyway, looks like it's full of valuable information
Thanks again.

deguerra
Major

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:35 am

Hi allan_boa,

Ageod and Paradox had a cooperation for some time which resulted in a bit of crossover as far as forums were concerned.

Yes - I noted that that AAR was for the Short Campaign - I had a look and there are some other RUS AARs on the paradox forum as well, but none in as great detail.

-deguerra

allan_boa
Colonel

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:26 pm

OK, I had forgotten this about Paradox. True that my PON version starts with a Paradox logo :-)

Anyway, back to the game, I decided to start a new GC with the Western Whites. It seems they are easier to control because less troops and smaller initial controlled territory. By looking ate the AAR above, it seems that he's nor re-arranging initial stacks and dealing with what's on the map. But as already said, it's 1919 start ...

Maybe should I try a Short campaign with the Eastern Whites and try , as an exercise, to replicate the AAR ? It's probably a good way to learn the game ...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:42 pm

As White, the game is far strategicaly easier for the East/Koltchak thanfor the South/Denikin:
_ Kolchak can make the White unification alone, by its north, Denikin is dependant on Kolchak
_ Kolchak can decide to turtle and try to win the game alone as he has good VP towns, and Denikin will have to rush Moscow alone if he want to be the big winner. Sure it's dangerous for the whole White side, this competition between separated whites.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 am

ERISS wrote:As White, the game is far strategicaly easier for the East/Koltchak thanfor the South/Denikin:
_ Kolchak can make the White unification alone, by its north, Denikin is dependant on Kolchak
_ Kolchak can decide to turtle and try to win the game alone as he has good VP towns, and Denikin will have to rush Moscow alone if he want to be the big winner. Sure it's dangerous for the whole White side, this competition between separated whites.

Interesting comment ... will definitely take it into consideration. Particularly given the fact that I prefer to play eastern whites... Will restart my GC with eastern whites :-) for the best ... or the worse :-)
Davaii !! :dada:

Stratman
Captain

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:56 am

allan_boa wrote:
ERISS wrote:Particularly given the fact that I prefer to play eastern whites... Will restart my GC with eastern whites :-) for the best ... or the worse :-)
Davaii !! :dada:

In fact now I am playing RUS Grand Campaign "solo" - for all three sides. OK... this way is not for everyone.
But why other players ignore the great possibility - play both Whites factions?? Anyway White's VP add up to determine a winner side (Red/Whites)
IMO in this case gameplay more enjoyable.

Davaii - davaii !! :gardavou:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Playing as Reds a bit like Napoleon in WON needs total victory. It can take longer to play vs AI.
I also recommend playing both Whites and look at pdf guide while playing. Don't rush to make turns.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:40 am

SMikh wrote:
allan_boa wrote:White's VP add up to determine a winner side (Red/Whites)

Yes, but Whites prefered one or other. If Whites have won, the true winner is who entered Moscow first, or who has the more VPs among East and South whites.

Stratman
Captain

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

ERISS wrote:
SMikh wrote:
allan_boa wrote:White's VP add up to determine a winner side (Red/Whites)

Yes, but Whites prefered one or other. If Whites have won, the true winner is who entered Moscow first, or who has the more VPs among East and South whites.

Absolutely!
I just show the way to find a winner in a case of Whites (East+West) vs. Reds gameplay.
In fact the final screen at the end of Campaign tell us which side is a winner (Reds or Whites) and then which White faction (East or West) performed better.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”