allan_boa
Colonel

Help needed: objective cities

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi, I can't figure out what makes some objective cities flashing in red and some others flashing in white (with map filter 3) ? I'm playing eastern whites and some of my objectives are flashing in red, others in white, regardless of current ownership. For example, Perm is owned by reds and flashing in red, while Ekaterinburg is also owned by reds but flashing in white. Both are of my objectives.

Any explanation ?
Thanks.

Nikel

Re: Help needed: objective cities

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Ekaterinburg is red or a red banner with swords?

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm

The very same red flag. But it's not limited to Ekaterinsburg. Nizhni Novgorod, Vladimir (and several others) are in the same case : Flashing white while belonging to the Reds.
It's Early game (second or third turn) so I'm sure that if you load the great campaign as the Eastern Whites, you will notice the same thing.

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

For example, in the image below Moscow is flashing red, But Vladimir and N. Novgorod are flashing white. But they all belong to the reds.

arsan

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm

If I recall correctly, the Color on the objectives filter doesn't show current ownership. This is shown by the flag on the city.

The color red mean the city is an objective of the reds and the white Color that'it is an objective of the whites. Bear in mind each factions can have a different sets of objectives.
I have no idea what colour is shown if a city is an objective for both reds and whites! ;)

Regards!

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm

This what I suspected but for example, both Moscow and Vladimir are in my list of objectives (as a eastern white) but one is flashing red, the other white ... And in fact, I'm pretty sure that all main cities are objectives for both factions ... So it's a bit strange.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:57 am

It's a pity that there are so many design flaws in the game because otherwise it would be great. But for example, choosing the white colour for strategic cities is definitely a bad idea. Because it's near impossible to see them when fully zoomed out, in winter when the soil is covered with snow. Hard to get a global view of what's going on.
Is it possible to mod the colour ? I can't have any strategic vision when playing the game. A real shame because otherwise the game is brilliant (except numerous other "small things" like that). Surprising for a "gold" version...
Another example of "small things" ? Why would the units won't appear when fully zoomed out ? Plenty of small irritating things like that in the game ... :--(

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”