elxaime
General

Russian Civil War Metagame AAR on Wargamer

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:20 pm

A little off-topic but related. I came across this Russian Civil War Metagame AAR and found it very entertaining.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/red-da ... ar-part-1/

The thing I liked was how the metagame, which involves dozens of people not just as general, but including playing the roles of various government ministers, tribal leaders, green factions, etc., can simulate how random and chaotic armed conflicts can actually be. Where personalities and random events make a real difference. They even had three women roleplaying the Cheka.

It would be great if someday online wargame "metagames" could be created where you could get hundreds of people from around the world to do something like this.

Anyway, thought folks would find it interesting.

Durk

Re: Russian Civil War Metagame AAR on Wargamer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 am

This is interesting. You reminded me of Berg's really fun six player game of the Russian Revolution where each player draws leaders, red and white, and then has some leaders of both factions and the units attached to these leaders. Not quite the Metagame you show, but six players in a really confused and fun situation.
Of course, the current RUS Gold is super challenging.

BuckTurgidson
Private

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 am

RCW is one of my favorite board games. It has a flavor like Kingmaker.

Philo32b
Captain

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 am

@elxaime. Thank you for posting about this game. It looks fascinating.

@Durk. That kind of collaborative RUS game sounds awesome. There could be one player in command of each front plus a HQ player who does everything else. That sounds really cool.

andatiep

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am

@elxaime : Yes ! Thank you also for posting about this game. I read it all, that's great ! I wish i was there !

Philo32b wrote:There could be one player in command of each front plus a HQ player who does everything else. That sounds really cool.

I would really like to try a RUS PBEM like this. Especially for the Reds... there is so much things to deal with that you could figure out to share the tasks somehow in a cool roleplay...
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Philo32b
Captain

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am

andatiep wrote:I would really like to try a RUS PBEM like this. Especially for the Reds... there is so much things to deal with that you could figure out to share the tasks somehow in a cool roleplay...

I also think the Reds would be great for this. If you ever set up a game like this, please consider inlcuding me! :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”