bkosar19
Sergeant

Eastern Whites and British Aid

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 am

I am a currently playing the Grand Campaign as the Eastern Whites. Despite my knowledge of the Russian Civil War being limited (with Dr. Zhivago being a big source), it's a lot of fun. RUS Gold is definitely one of Ageod's gems.

However, British aid consists of tons of single element arty units that I'm just piling-up in an out-of-the-way location. It's more of a micromanagement hassle than help. A couple turns of aid would have been great, but receiving a batch of guns for I don't recall how many turns in a row was a bit much. Also, I've noticed that the Western White AI are not as circumspect about using these free gobs of arty: they have entire armies walking about that consist of nothing but artillery units. That probably isn't intended.

Also, my last Ageod campaign was a Thirty Years War one in which I was starved for funds, replacements, and supplies. Yet, now that I'm in revolutionary Russia I've never had to worry about any of that. Despite playing with historical attrition (player only), I've got more replacement chits, rubles, and war supplies that I know what to do with. I recruit whatever I want and never worry about having enough replacement chits. Is it supposed to be this easy?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:49 am

bkosar19 wrote:I am a currently playing the Grand Campaign as the Eastern Whites., British aid consists of tons of single element arty units that I'm just piling-up in an out-of-the-way location. It's more of a micromanagement hassle than help. A couple turns of aid would have been great, but receiving a batch of guns for I don't recall how many turns in a row was a bit much. Also, I've noticed that the Western White AI are not as circumspect about using these free gobs of arty: they have entire armies walking about that consist of nothing but artillery units. That probably isn't intended.

Tons-of-arty are not bugs, but the AI was not upgraded to this (the game was made rather for the pbem). See here for arties:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39834-Is-the-level-of-British-aid-correct

In revolutionary Russia I've never had to worry about starving for funds, replacements, and supplies. Despite playing with historical attrition (player only), I've got more replacement chits, rubles, and war supplies that I know what to do with. I recruit whatever I want and never worry about having enough replacement chits. Is it supposed to be this easy?

In the beginning yes, but in the end you should not have enough (did you finish your campaign?). Andatiep dev should tell.

andatiep

Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:43 pm

bkosar19 wrote:Also, my last Ageod campaign was a Thirty Years War one in which I was starved for funds, replacements, and supplies. Yet, now that I'm in revolutionary Russia I've never had to worry about any of that. Despite playing with historical attrition (player only), I've got more replacement chits, rubles, and war supplies that I know what to do with. I recruit whatever I want and never worry about having enough replacement chits. Is it supposed to be this easy?

Good if you feel it to be easy :-). But be aware that your opponents may have the same feeling. Anyway, with Eastern Whites, you will soon have a lack of units to build and need to activate some later options to get more. The ressources available in the game are balanced so that you can build and maintain armies which power is closed to the History or to a realistic "What if" depending of the options you chose.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

bkosar19
Sergeant

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:20 am

andatiep wrote:Good if you feel it to be easy :-). But be aware that your opponents may have the same feeling. Anyway, with Eastern Whites, you will soon have a lack of units to build and need to activate some later options to get more. The ressources available in the game are balanced so that you can build and maintain armies which power is closed to the History or to a realistic "What if" depending of the options you chose.

I want to clear-up that I don't find the campaign itself to be "easy," but I do find RUS Gold much more forgiving than other Ageod games as to maintaining my forces. As I stated, I was playing TYW prior to starting a new RUS Gold campaign. The contrast between barely being able to maintain my armies, let alone recruit new units, in starving and impoverished 1640's Germany to having the production queue filled with newly formed units and replacement chits galore in revolutionary and war wracked 1920 Russia is pretty drastic. I'm just not used to having so much "stuff" in Ageod game.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:44 am

bkosar19 wrote:was playing TYW prior to starting a new RUS Gold campaign. The contrast between starving and impoverished 1640's Germany and revolutionary and war wracked 1920 Russia is pretty drastic. I'm just not used to having so much "stuff" in Ageod game.

Maybe for the many scales are not the sames. I don't know the numbers (to be verified), but combattants in Germany might have been more numerous and in a far smaller land, moreover not in a 'granary'(Ukr) nor 'nature'(Rus) (but not necessary friendly, winter..) country, and without help from remaining of the world.
A counter in Germany map may be in fact 'more heavy' than in Russia, and this counter is in a smaller theater to so able to maintain it.

Scale of the RCW: It reminds me that I told a counter on a boardgame map of Russia 1920 should have no Zone Of Control, because it is already included in the counter!: the real size of the counter should be in fact a dot in center of the counter.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”