selfsearcher
Conscript

Thank you developers!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Firsto of all, thank you for this great game!
It's my first serious attempt in learning an "AGE engine game". With such arguments, it's simply really fun to play, even for a beginner such myself.
Said that, may I ask you to add more tutorial videos, as in your last release? Wars of Napoleon's tutorials gave me the right introduction. Now I can... how to say it... well: now I can finish the tutorials! I said it. I was not able to find the right commands in the UI. Ok, I have to play the game more (and more) but that videos opened my beginner's mind. Now I'm ready to play!
:thumbsup:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 pm

selfsearcher wrote:Firsto of all, thank you for this great game!
It's my first serious attempt in learning an "AGE engine game". With such arguments, it's simply really fun to play, even for a beginner such myself. :thumbsup:

Thank for Andatiep and all who helped!

Said that, may I ask you to add more tutorial videos, as in your last release? Wars of Napoleon's tutorials gave me the right introduction. Now I can finish the tutorials! I was not able to find the right commands in the UI. Ok, I have to play the game more (and more) but that videos opened my beginner's mind. Now I'm ready to play!

RUS was not made by Ageod, it was an independant project. Rus-Gold was even not made by the RUS squad, but by other fans. However Ageod could help if asked and had the time to.
About the tutorials, as a fan I had corrected the texts of RUS (they could be misleading), and in the beta of Rus-Gold I tried to make them better but I had to stop and the lead dev forgot to ask to continue before the release. I know the tutorial is far too short, but I tried to explained the more just by its texts. Making it longer would be some work in what I'm not competent.
I don't have WoN but now I'm curious about its tutorial... Could you explain what was added in WoN by the Ageod devs?

selfsearcher
Conscript

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm new here. I saw the tutorial videos of WoN and I really like them. I don't know who made the videos. I only know that such videos are really easy to understand and a real must for a beginner. I'm a beginner (not an UI beginner anymore!), I tried RUS as my first AGEOD game and I got stuck after some tutorial screens.
Yes, I was aiming for very basic things. I'm still aiming to understand logistics better and... hmm... "influence"? Better. But I don't rush it. I made my work, I have some more to do, then I will be free from the basics. I love to study the basics well, I found them In WoN too.

As far as I know (very little, be advised) RUS is "Making revolution vs fascist pigs (or being a fascist yourself!)". Won is "building an empire managing armies, logistics, diplomacy".
In my point of view, I first have to learn... Rise of Prussia but I somewhat don't like the period very much, then learn RUS (I love such a game!!), then maybe facing a little dilemma: WoN or To End All Wars?? Hmm... I tried another WW1 game but I found it very, very boring. Too static. Won seem to me very dynamic and army-centered.

selfsearcher
Conscript

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:36 pm

P.S: please keep RUS updated... it's a real gem.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:13 am

selfsearcher wrote:As far as I know (very little, be advised) RUS is "Making revolution vs fascist pigs (or being a fascist yourself!)". Won is "building an empire managing armies, logistics, diplomacy".

Russian civil war is not "black and white", it's "red and white" :)
It's rather old fascism vs the new one... The Tcheka (even more evil than the Okhrana, the tsarist police) was an envied example for the Nazi, they copied it.

In my point of view, I first have to learn... Rise of Prussia but I somewhat don't like the period very much, then learn RUS (I love such a game!!), then maybe facing a little dilemma: WoN or To End All Wars?? Hmm... I tried another WW1 game but I found it very, very boring. Too static. Won seem to me very dynamic and army-centered.
P.S: please keep RUS updated... it's a real gem.

If you so love RUS, then you should go TEAW as there's a dim project about a RUS-Platinum using its engine...
But have only hope, don't wait for, as there's nobody to work on, it's only an idea and maybe we could decide it's a bad one (knowing TEAW you may help on this decision..).

andatiep

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 am

selfsearcher wrote:Firsto of all, thank you for this great game!

:hat: You're welcomed.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

selfsearcher
Conscript

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:47 pm

To End All Wars... seems a very demanding game. Too bad they don't have a demo to try. I do not (I repeat, do not) support pirated games because paying every two or three months is something I can afford so why pirate it? And the bundles/offers/discounts?? I will watch some videos before even thinking about taking the bull by his horns, as we usually say :D :D

JayR
Conscript

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 am

ERISS wrote:Russian civil war is not "black and white", it's "red and white" :)
It's rather old fascism vs the new one... The Tcheka (even more evil than the Okhrana, the tsarist police) was an envied example for the Nazi, they copied it.

If you so love RUS, then you should go TEAW as there's a dim project about a RUS-Platinum using its engine...
But have only hope, don't wait for, as there's nobody to work on, it's only an idea and maybe we could decide it's a bad one (knowing TEAW you may help on this decision..).

Can you give us an idea of what's in TEAW that's not in RUS:Gold?

Thanks

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:59 pm

JayR wrote:Can you give us an idea of what's in TEAW that's not in RUS:Gold?

I don't really know, I have the game but never played it.
However it is at least interesting for its map, going farther to the West (revolution in Germany! and France?) and to the South (Turkey..). But it's in trade of the East..

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”