Paule3000
Corporal

A noob's quick question: Blocking movement across rivers with ships?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Is it possible in RUS?
-- When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi

You can select "intercept enemy ships" (I think thats its name) in the special action buttons

I hope this helps

regards

Markl

Durk

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Also, any non-transport fleet will block the segment of the river where it is afloat to any land units which try to cross the river.

andatiep

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Paule3000 wrote:Is it possible in RUS?

Yes. It is :cool: .

Have a seat, open your manual to the page 44, and read :) :

7.1.4 Blocking Movement and Zone of Control
[...]
Blocking land movement with naval Forces: if placed on the rivers sections which separate 2 land regions, Naval Forces with an Offensive Command Posture and made up with more than 4 elements of combat naval Units (i.e. not Transport Naval Units), may block the movement of land Forces attempting to cross the river (For the Offensive Posture, See Chapter 7.3.1 Command Postures).

PS : this makes the Volga river fleets important to reinforce and use well to slow an enemy offensive when you are at the defensive position. But don't expect it to be a perfect net.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Paule3000
Corporal

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info!

andatiep wrote:Yes. It is :cool: .

Have a seat, open your manual to the page 44, and read :) :

7.1.4 Blocking Movement and Zone of Control
[...]
Blocking land movement with naval Forces: if placed on the rivers sections which separate 2 land regions, Naval Forces with an Offensive Command Posture and made up with more than 4 elements of combat naval Units (i.e. not Transport Naval Units), may block the movement of land Forces attempting to cross the river (For the Offensive Posture, See Chapter 7.3.1 Command Postures).

PS : this makes the Volga river fleets important to reinforce and use well to slow an enemy offensive when you are at the defensive position. But don't expect it to be a perfect net.
-- When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”