bob.
General

Yudenich disappearance

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:55 am

What are the criteria for the Northwestern Army leader disappearing exactly? In my game I lose Riga to the Germans and Yudenich disappeared.

And is there any way to get a Northwestern GHQ back?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 pm

There is critical instance of Vatzetis losing command in Kazan but can be replaced. Maybe WAD, but Northern West Whites will lose command points to attached corps. Still I think provided Command points in game sufficient and maybe a bit high.

bob.
General

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:27 am

Sorry, I do not really understand what you mean? I am not talking about too few CP or anything.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:51 am

No I'm sorry. This threads seems too have much French and English native speakers here, I'll let others answer. Maybe I didn't understand what you mean...
Cheers

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:09 pm

i asume, he was static ghq right? it is normal that he will disapear when city in which he sit fall to enemy hands. if you want him back simply take back that city and hope you have decision to create hiis hq again.

andatiep

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:12 pm

bob. wrote:And is there any way to get a Northwestern GHQ back?

Yes, there is :
If this GHQ arrived in Helsinki or in Riga, and if if you lose the city where it arrived, it will automatically disappear ...and automatically appear again the turn after you take again the control of this main town (no need of activating a GHQ option in the ledger).

No other way to get it back, take the city back or you don't deserve such a toy :) .

PS : same system for Miller's GHQ in Arkangelsk
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:14 pm

I have a bit of tendecy these days that I can not help it to positive mood... Either those RUS DEVS teams are a waste in public eyes and&or should not comment against who asks a questions in their native language. I think as rule of thumb should be better to protect those who were a volunteer..

That should be suffiicient to be more international site at least.

bob.
General

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:39 pm

czert2 wrote:i asume, he was static ghq right? it is normal that he will disapear when city in which he sit fall to enemy hands. if you want him back simply take back that city and hope you have decision to create hiis hq again.

andatiep wrote:Yes, there is :
If this GHQ arrived in Helsinki or in Riga, and if if you lose the city where it arrived, it will automatically disappear ...and automatically appear again the turn after you take again the control of this main town (no need of activating a GHQ option in the ledger).

That makes sense but.. I never lost the city where Yudenich was in! At least not as far as I know.

He was in Talinn and I never lost that city. I can actually show you the "remnamts" of the GHQ stack:

So, as far as I can tell, Yudenich disappeared because the Germans took Riga, even though he was never set up there. Is that really as intended?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Baris wrote:I have a bit of tendecy these days that I can not help it to positive mood... Either those RUS DEVS teams are a waste in public eyes and&or should not comment against who asks a questions in their native language. I think as rule of thumb should be better to protect those who were a volunteer.
That should be suffiicient to be more international site at least.

In the RUS forum? I read all here and don't see what you mean. Could you write links to what seem the 'rudest' posts?
About me I'm mainly bad against commies, for they wrote so much BS propagandas (there is no truth for them, only words of war; they are 'strategical', a word for opportunistic)... If you're some bolshevik I can understand you feel insulted lol.

andatiep

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:54 pm

ERISS wrote:In the RUS forum? I read all here and don't see what you mean. Could you write links to what seem the 'rudest' posts?
About me I'm mainly bad against commies, for they wrote so much BS propagandas (there is no truth for them, only words of war; they are 'strategical', a word for opportunistic)... If you're some bolshevik I can understand you feel insulted lol.

Well, i'm lost. I didn't understood what Baris wanted to say. :bonk: I also didn't understand always what you say, but at least i can ask you in PM in our common French language :neener: .

We are the International Cacophony Orchestra :w00t:

andatiep

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 pm

bob. wrote:So, as far as I can tell, Yudenich disappeared because the Germans took Riga, even though he was never set up there. Is that really as intended?

I got it ! The Northwestern army have a random arrival in one of this regions :

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #666699, align: left"]$Riga|$Tallinn|$Ventspils|
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

... But the GHQ appearing/disappearing system only work for Riga. We should have remove the random arrival and set it only to Riga. But we didn't, so yes, it is not WAD :p leure:.

bob.
General

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:48 pm

It's too late to cover up now. It is obvious.. you are FILTHY COMMUNISTS! Just when I was about to take Petrograd, this ominous "bug" appears!
This also explains why I am always losing battles as the Whites!

andatiep

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 pm

bob. wrote:This also explains why I am always losing battles as the Whites!

:mdr: It's always nice when we could find a scapegoat to explain our little problems on earth :thumbsup: .

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:06 am

No ERISS it is fun reading your posts and Andatiep, it has good homour and historical facts as always. That’s one of the reasons I’m following this threads.
But It can be sometimes confusing answering other posters.

To me Commander in Chief= Command points and MTSG

That’s why I posted earlier opinion about CP.

In a game I’m playing Voroshilov under siege at Tzaritzyn and both Kamenev and Frunze arranged to be in MTSG in a region north. But Vatzetis removed from command resulting Tukhachevsky stack under command in Simbirsk. It appears as it would result next CIC to be Kamanev in Kazan but it would weaknen Tzaritzyn defense that I did wait a bit. CiC mechanic very good overall for strategic choices.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:44 am

But what can I do, If for example Poland takes Ukrain, Baltic States become unavalible like Riga, Tallin... My armies left commander.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Baris wrote:
To me Commander in Chief= Command points and MTSG
s.

mtsg?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:25 pm

czert2 wrote:mtsg?

To move to the sound of the guns. Reserve movement of the Corps forces.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Zenvaro wrote:But what can I do, If for example Poland takes Ukrain, Baltic States become unavalible like Riga, Tallin... My armies left commander.

well, once batic states withdraw from war due to peace, all white units stationed here will be disbamded, not only original ones, but these you send here too. so you will lose all leaders stationed here.
so if you losing here, move all whites if you have time to poland, so you dont lose them. but losing of fixed ghq is sure, no way how to prevent it, only be keepeng baltic states in war.
btw can you bring finland to war? it will put some presure on reds forces in baltic states.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Polish entry can be game changer and it is possible Ukraine lost for Red player. With the current setup between equal players it is much better for Reds to peace Balts ASAP.

andatiep

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Baris wrote:With the current setup between equal players it is much better for Reds to peace Balts ASAP.

Or to crush them soon instead of signing peace, like in History :) .

andatiep

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Zenvaro wrote:But what can I do, If for example Poland takes Ukrain, Baltic States become unavalible like Riga, Tallin... My armies left commander.

No. There could be build GHQ units (which allow you to build Corps forces in a range of 15 regions) in some major towns of the map. Most of this GHQ can be build with the activation of options you should see in the ledger's Global Options pages.
But for some of the White's sub-factions, there will not be options to activate, just a main town in the area of operation of this sub-faction to control.

So, if Poland takes Ukraine :
- the Ukrainian Nationalist will be able to have a GHQ with Petliura in Kiev, which they will lose if they lose this town again (Note : Polish troops could use this GHQ too to build Corps forces in Ukraine). And for the Reds, they will not be able to build a GHQ in Kiev until they conquest this town back. But they will still be able to build Corps forces in Ukraine since they can activate options to build GHQ in central Russia towns from where their range reach almost all Ukraine. Actually, the interest of the Reds to build a GHQ in Kiev is after all to allow an invasion of Poland more in the West, with Corps forces.

If Baltic States become unavalible like Riga, Tallin:
- If you are Red, you don't care, your GHQ are in Russia and the one you can build in close town like Petrograd or Smolensk can reach all the theatre of operation.
- if you are White, if the Baltic states are unavailable, it means they are not yet at war or they signed peace with the Reds, so anyway, there is not Russian White armies in the Baltic states, which territories are locked. If there are remaining Russian Whites troops at the border but in Russia, the GHQ of Miller in Arkangelsk can be used to form Corps forces.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”