Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Partisans!

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:37 am

In Gold vesion it became to a real problem. You need a bunch of nerves to fight with them. I would like to know how to make them weaker. For example how to force them fight? I need a lot of time to kill them because they don't fight, but can easily walk on my territories even if I have army there. I gave them HideValue 1, but it didn't change smth. The 2nd problem is in their respawn. For example: I killed partisans of Baltic states and a new detachment appears in the other city. This occurs infinitesimally and makes big problems. How to change this? It is really nervous to fight, when in the rear you have some enemies detachments that are invisible, invincible and endless.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:57 am

Fighting versus a smaller irregular force, as a countermeasure it is better to use smaller scale of units. Planes, cavalry and partizan units in a stack also will help detection level. Cavalry detachments will catch them. They will lose strenght points after a while. In campaign Don, Ukraine, Siberia and Vladivostok region will spam partizans but White player should prepare a small force beforehand. Their hide and zone of control values were a problem in vanilla AFAIK but is much better in Gold version.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:43 am

Keep a cavalry brigade (2+ regiments of cavalry) in your rear to deal with smaller rebel/partisan stacks. For the larger stacks, you can just detach a regular division or two. It was suggested some time ago that you should have units of a single armoured train and a cavalry regiment patrolling the rail-lines, which should take care of most small partisans on the line, and repair broken rails as well.
At least this worked somewhat in the pre-Gold version.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:12 pm

I had an army of cavalry Shkuro, and it ran for partisans. And when they came to the territiry - partisans started to move to anothe territory. Through 4 mounths the cought and killed partisans, but it is really long

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Bolsheviks chased them for very long, up to the 30's years.
When fed up, make a National Decision famine in their regions...
Edit: For those who don't know the game: That's a joke, there are Regional Decisions, but not National ones and moreso by contract it can not be so ugly (so, nor pogroms)...

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 pm

ERISS wrote:Bolsheviks chased them for very long, up to the 30's years.
When fed up, make a National Decision famine in their regions...

[ATTACH]34461[/ATTACH]

But seriously: https://www.academia.edu/1867572/What_were_the_factors_influencing_the_move_to_collectivisation_of_agriculture_in_the_Soviet-_Union
Attachments
1421149405461.jpg

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeah that's not new that bandits roamed the USSR and that the high part of the government had few to do,
for these bandits were the Cheka. The Cheka could themself make a famine to keep the lead on their region, but I think the government agreed even it may had not ordered it.
USSR was heavily corrupt, Cheka very soon were made of only the worst bastards, the high chief of them knew this since long, few months after the Cheka was born.
(and lol the sources in the very end of the document, they were honnest master historians for sure..)

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 pm

ERISS wrote:(and lol the sources in the very end of the document, they were honnest master historians for sure..)

Those are the primary sources for the thesis' main question. For historians' views, see the 'bibliography' section.
And this is an academically approved paper, btw.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

to fight partisans i use cavalary only as they have highest chance to catch them ( and some have anti-partisan skill) , using 2-3 regiments per anti partisan stack, and depending on regions, sometimes i use up to 10! these atipartisan stacks, and they are not only stationed in cities to protect them, but in regions in which they simply love to spawn, stationed in lvl 2-4 depots ( to keep thep suplied not only with food, but mainly ammo) , and as bonus protect them from harsh weather :) .
and yes, freqvency of some spawns, especialy of greens in some areas is realy annoing. main counter to this by me is to play only loaylity incresing decisions and never recruits/money requisition.

Orel
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Armored trains + partisans patrolling rear areas is my recipe. May not be enough to destroy them, but sure enough to distract them from destroying railroads.
For united Russia!

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:13 pm

well i thing armored trains will be more useful at front, not guarding rear, i think cavalary is cheaper for that, and as bonus trains have nice resource carrying capacity, prolonging combat capability for units ( reduces ned for supply wagons). and as bonus these 2-3 cavalary regiments in one unit/stack are enough to destroy partisans so they dont borther you anymore.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”