Ryohei
Civilian

Transmission units

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi. Can anybody advise me what a "Transmission" unit is? I take it it's not some WWI version of an outside broadcast unit or a CNN team? ("This is Orla Guerin, News at Ten, Minsk...."). I'm guessing it's something to do with communications, all the same. What do I do with them? Do I keep them attached to the army they're part of, or send them off to do their transmission thing?

Orel
Brigadier General

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Ryohei wrote:Hi. Can anybody advise me what a "Transmission" unit is? I take it it's not some WWI version of an outside broadcast unit or a CNN team? ("This is Orla Guerin, News at Ten, Minsk...."). I'm guessing it's something to do with communications, all the same. What do I do with them? Do I keep them attached to the army they're part of, or send them off to do their transmission thing?

Basically: these are units with field telephone equipment, radios and other signal devices that make it easier for the commander to manage troops(it's a lot simpler and faster to give an order over the phone than to send a messenger mounted on a horse). I believe they also provide an artillery bonus(as the artillery can connect to the observers and use its cannons more effectively).

Attach them to your most important stacks, they will allow your stack leader to have more Command Points(CPs) which allows him to command more divisions without penalties.
For united Russia!

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”