Orel
Brigadier General

For Newbies:Multiplayer/PBEM: How to do it

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I noticed on another forum that a lot of people don't understand how to play against people with RUS, with some not having the patience to look through the manual. That's why I decided to make this thread for the newcomers to RUS Gold.

Let's suppose we have 3 players: A, B and C that decided to play amongst themselves. Assume player A is chosen to be the host, that is the person who receives the order files from everyone and sends the turn files to everyone else.

Nota Bene: Even a person who is not a player in this game can be a host. Some people prefer a third party as they fear that if a player hosts, then he may look into other people's turns. Personally I don't recommend this, as it slows the game down by quite a bit as the convenient time for the host to process the turn may not match the convenient time for you to send the orders. If you need a third-party host, try asking Durk, he is reliable and usually is willing to help out.

Player A(host) starts the campaign that everyone will be playing. Then(assume he plays for the Reds) he sends an email with the turn files(.trn) attached to the 2 White players. Then his opponents download the files, place them in the "Saves" folder in their game directory and give orders to the troops. Then they save their orders, mail the order files(.ord) to the host. The host downloads them, places them in the campaign folder(which is inside the Saves folder) and launches the turn. After the turn processing is finished he sends the new .trn files to his opponents just like with the first turn. That's all there is to it.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
For united Russia!

Durk

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:30 am

Orel, may I just add, I would indeed be very willing to facilitate a pbem game for anyone new to pbem. While any pbem is a thrill once you kind of know the game, a three player game is so much more fun.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”