ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Cut song

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 am

At least half the song is missing in 09 Soviet_National_Anthem_Choir.mp3 file.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks for posting that. I almost posted it yesterday but wasn't sure where to bring it up.

The non-Gold version of RUS is installed in my old computer so I haven't checked to see if that file is damaged as well. But it doesn't really matter since that particular piece of music is anachronistic and doesn't really belong in the game. The Soviet Anthem was composed in the middle of WW II and it sounds out of place in the pre-Stalinist world.

My solution to the problem of the damaged file (and it's probably what I did for the original RUS) is to replace it with one of the two versions of the Internationale. That's simpler than editing the text of the music.ini file: delete the broken file, copy the Internationale version that you prefer, and rename the copy 09 Soviet_National_Anthem_Choir.mp3. That will remove a broken file from the game and make its music a bit more authentic.

There are a couple of other pieces of anachronistic music on the playlist, but the one that is most problematic (and Stalinist) is also a big crowd pleaser and when I brought it up a few years ago it started a bit of a fire storm. But you shouldn't be listening to a song about a village girl reading a letter from her fiance in the KGB border guards when the KGB is still the Cheka.

andatiep

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 pm

You're right. It is anachronistic. I saw it also but too late before the prods take the copy. This song was in the RUS vanilla but was desactivated in the play list. It is because we re-activated some songs but this one had 2 good reasons to be and stay desactivated :( .
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”