Sean E
Captain

RUS Gold Forum

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:22 am

Will there be a separate forum for the Gold RUS version or just post in this one?

Owl
Major

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Just post here - Rise of Prussia is handled the same way.

Sean E
Captain

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:16 am

Ok!

So anyone have any first impressions of the Gold version?
Is it worth getting?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:05 am

Sean E wrote: anyone have any first impressions of the Gold version?
Is it worth getting?

Too early for a valuable answer: those who already know the Gold game are its fanboyz.
It will take time for the Gold newbs customers to discover all the richness added.

andatiep

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes, Ageod's forum is a zoo with a lots of skilled grognards who mostly first play long game before commenting and reporting here.

But while waiting, you can have a look on the Steam Discussions and Reviews pages where there is already many various comments and reports : http://steamcommunity.com/app/374380/discussions/
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

picaron

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Des félicitations par la sortie du jeu :thumbsup:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

andatiep

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:40 am

picaron wrote:Des félicitations par la sortie du jeu :thumbsup:

Merci à toi aussi, gracias, thank you too, dear RUS Gold Spanish Castillan translator :) .

Ryohei
Civilian

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:26 pm

HI, just bought RUS Gold. It's the first AGEOD game I've bought, so a lot of things are kind of new. Oh, and I'd say it's not so much a steep learning curve as a near-vertical one. Rant over. It looks terrific, I love the graphics, the music and everything, and I'm looking forward to many hours of kicking Commie ass (Yes, I'm a White boy...). Fortunately, I've played a fair bit of hex-based wargames, whether board-based (Sinai, Fulda Gap, Siege of Jerusalem) or on the PC (mostly Operational Art of War), so some of the concepts - like supply - aren't too foreign. For the moment, though, I'm going over the scenarios & repeating them a few times, just so's I get the hang of the basic stuff before attempting to conquer the Rodina. 11/10 for the game developers!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Ryohei wrote: just bought RUS Gold. It's the first AGEOD game I've bought,

Welcome here.
Oh? so what decided you to buy at last? instead of the base RUS four and a half years ago??
Maybe the box design at first?, I'm curious.

andatiep

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Ryohei wrote:Oh, and I'd say it's not so much a steep learning curve as a near-vertical one. Rant over.

Nice :) . Be careful to come down slowly now, after this stage, there may be PBEM veterans in ambush.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:40 am

Ryohei wrote:HI, just bought RUS Gold. It's the first AGEOD game I've bought, so a lot of things are kind of new. Oh, and I'd say it's not so much a steep learning curve as a near-vertical one. Rant over. It looks terrific, I love the graphics, the music and everything, and I'm looking forward to many hours of kicking Commie ass (Yes, I'm a White boy...). Fortunately, I've played a fair bit of hex-based wargames, whether board-based (Sinai, Fulda Gap, Siege of Jerusalem) or on the PC (mostly Operational Art of War), so some of the concepts - like supply - aren't too foreign. For the moment, though, I'm going over the scenarios & repeating them a few times, just so's I get the hang of the basic stuff before attempting to conquer the Rodina. 11/10 for the game developers!

Watch your supply, watch your unit strength, watch your available replacements, watch your chain of command, but above all watch your unit cohesion and look for ways to increase it before getting into a fight.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”