bob.
General

Is the level of British aid correct?

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Playing a game against AI right now, on turn 30 now and it's basically over, the AI is just not up to the task of managing the World Revolution. Understandable, and I am looking forward to playing against a real player soon.

Anyway, I kind of disregarded the "new stuff arrived" messages after it didn't matter anymore anyway and now I looked to Sevastopol and noticed a huge amount of artillery has arrived over the last turns:

I know so little about the Russian Civil War that I don't want to mark this as a bug but did the British really supply THAT much artillery?

andatiep

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:26 pm

bob. wrote:Anyway, I kind of disregarded the "new stuff arrived" messages after it didn't matter anymore anyway and now I looked to Sevastopol and noticed a huge amount of artillery has arrived over the last turns:
I know so little about the Russian Civil War that I don't want to mark this as a bug but did the British really supply THAT much artillery?

Yes, after compiling historical sources, we edit the events with the proper amount of artillery the Westerners (after all British) send on a regular basis to the Whites in Vladivostock and in Sevastopol during the year 1919.

The reds, which seized almost all the former imperial artillery park, got also new reserve artillery forces.

The model of single element units may be annoying to manage but some players like it also like this to be able to build fortification lines (and we lack of time to create new multi-element arty units).

This artillery reserve forces could maybe not always be used during your game if you have a lack of commanders and troops to use it, but they did exist so here it is.

Basically, the Whites and the Reds didn't spend production to build guns in the RCW but used the ones build during the WWI (Imperial Russian or British ones). So this reserve forces are also here to avoid the players to build guns as it was and it is useless.

NB: Also, thanks to beta testers works, we reduced the damages of arty units of the Vanilla to reach a better historically accurate rate of damage of RCW fights. So if you have enough command points in your forces, use as much arty as you can from this reserves, you need it :cool: .
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

bob.
General

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Interesting, thanks for the answer. I think in a PBEM game it is definitely necessary because the White Industry is poor so they can't really build much artillery.
Do you have any numbers for the amount of aid the British sent? 600 guns seems like a lot.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:49 pm

And maybe Andatiep didn't ingame give all the tons of obsolete WWI military stuff the allied gave!! (the bug effect would be worse), or by a % (recovery of raw materials?) transformed it in small usuable thing (some WhiteSupply?).

andatiep

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:26 pm

bob. wrote:Interesting, thanks for the answer. I think in a PBEM game it is definitely necessary because the White Industry is poor so they can't really build much artillery.
Do you have any numbers for the amount of aid the British sent? 600 guns seems like a lot.

I know there is a thread somewhere about it in the internal RUS Beta forum, but i don't have time to look in this mess for it now.

Please is there any Beta forumers passing around who could find it and post the info here for bob. :wavey: ?

Owl
Major

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 pm

I can't find it either right now, but I think it might have been Jagger2013 who researched it? Maybe he still has the data readily available somewhere.

Rajahbrooke
Civilian

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:11 am

According to The Russian Civil War (2): White Armies by Mikhail Khvostov p.7, by the end of 1919 the British alone had sent the whites 1,313 artillery pieces, so while I don't know that 600 guns would have arrived in one shipment its not unreasonable to suppose that they would have arrived over a few months. The level of materiel sent by the British to the whites was quite staggering actually and far and away more than any other interventionist power delivered. The US provided 22 guns by mid 1919 and even the German gave Krasnov's cossacks 46:cool:

bob.
General

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks Rajahbrooke, that is very interesting. I did not know that the Russians received so much British aid!

Just to clarify, the 600 guns are over several turns. So, it seems very accurate in the game then.

andatiep

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:40 pm

bob. wrote:I did not know that the Russians received so much British aid!

Here you can see the hand of Churchill :) . And see also how it should have been a difficult choice for him to do the same but for the Reds in 1941 where he send even more help to face the 3rd Reich.

bob. wrote:Just to clarify, the 600 guns are over several turns. So, it seems very accurate in the game then.

And the rest of the amount is calculate more or less as included in the brigade or arty units available to be build by the Whites during the game.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”