HidekiTojo
Colonel

Turkey Under Siege

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:41 pm

In the recent China Under Siege thread the idea of doing the Turkish Civil War was floated by PhilThib :gardavou:

I think that it would be a fantastic idea to do something like that, I would work on it myself but I don't know anything about coding. However if there are some people who know how to code and experienced modders out there who are interested in this idea and would be willing to perhaps teach me how to write for the AGE engine I would gladly work in such a project. All I need is the know-how and I don't think that writing for AGE is supposed to be terribly difficult. :eyebrow:

In addition to that or as an alternative I would be quite happy to do research on generals, and other background as well to make the burden on the people who write the campaign as light as possible.

Anybody else think that PhilThib's idea should come to fruition like me?

What do you guy's think? :turc:
TEAW Beta Team

PhilThib

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Good idea and desire IMHO...you don't need to know anything in coding to start.

Stage 1 : the base is to first collect information on the subject, like OOBs, key events, leaders, aerea/theater of operation, time frame, map scale and scope etc... Then you can decide on what to put in the game.
Stage 2 : after that, creating the base DB only requires to get some models from other AGE-engine games and then adapt your findings to that structure...
This alone will keep you busy for quite some months.

Many experienced modders can give you hints, tips or a hand when you'll have reached stage 2 (i.e. after you have collected every data and sources you need)

One very first - and good or decisive - step would be for you to contact forumer Baris here. He is from Turkey, experienced beta, and has an excellent knowledge on the subject. Send him a PM and exchange with him. In case of need, you both can mail me at pthibaut@ageod.net

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:14 pm

PhilThib wrote: contact forumer Baris here. He is from Turkey, experienced beta, and has an excellent knowledge on the subject. Send him a PM and exchange with him.

What I wanted to say.
http://www.ageod-forum.com/member.php?7439-Baris
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24917-Leon-Trotsky-Exile-in-one-of-%C4%B0stanbul-islands-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCkada-in-1929

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”