Jagger2013
General of the Army

Harsh weather attrition

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:32 am

I am in deep winter in the short campaign. Harsh winter weather everywhere. I decided to see just how bad was the attrition impact of harsh weather. One unit suffered 10% losses after a move while another formation in the open which did not move, suffered no losses. Seems like losses are variable but at least up to 10% for moving units.

Anyone done any studies and have some more conclusive results on the impact of troops moving or camping in the open in harsh weather?

Do people mostly shut down in winter while playing PBEM or just accept the losses and continue campaigning?

Philo32b
Captain

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 pm

One thing that may have accounted for the difference between the units and taking winter damage is supply. Did one of the units have supply that he other didn't? Supply points are removed, taking the place of attrition hits from harsh weather.

Regarding campaigning, I usually just keep going and take the losses. The bigger problem in winter, though, is supply. That is when you can really run short.

By the way, certain units have the trait (not shown in-game) of being "winterized," which means they take a percentage less damage from harsh weather. Siberian troops are 50% winterized. The Finns are 100% winterized. The Southern Whites and Reds are not winterized.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Did one of the units have supply that he other didn't? Supply points are removed, taking the place of attrition hits from harsh weather.
Very possible. I do remember the weather was very harsh.

The bigger problem in winter, though, is supply. That is when you can really run short.
First winter I ran into that problem. I quit building anything. I clearly need to read up more on supply.

Siberian troops are 50% winterized. The Finns are 100% winterized. The Southern Whites and Reds are not winterized.
Good to know.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”