czert2
Brigadier General

gold version ?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 pm

it is planed gold verion of RUS ? ROP got one recently and i think this game derve one too, since is realy good, and i will love to test new scenarios :) .

PhilThib

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 pm

It mostly depends on work by the RUS team now. I'll check what they have in store :)

czert2
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 pm

any news ?

andatiep

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm

czert2 wrote:any news ?

You did already heard sounds behind the door of the workshop ?
:sherlock:

Wait and see... :)
But i would give up any hopes for this summer... :cool:
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 am

Does it have any possibility that portion of 'fatal years' can be in the new edition? İf not nonetheless thanks for your work for improved version.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:20 pm

What do you like in?
What I think (not official answer): The main difference would be the AI, less needed in the Gold version, for the player has more control, with railings to keep History (and even being better on this question), continueing in the way of the RUS last patches. This version should be more PBM oriented. Maybe FY mod could be better for a solo play for some, but others could prefer the Gold version even with a less good AI.
And permission is maybe needed, at least it would be polite to ask and wait for the long absent modder answer...

PhilThib

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Usually, we don't take anything from anyone, starting with modders, without explicit authorization. So if the team wants to use some of the FY file, they should ask...as far as I am concerned, it is their choice what to take and what to leave, and I trust their best judgement.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Have played the official version and FY mostly.
Looked at time to time http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Davai_MOD and it seems very comprehensive. Looking forward to play it in pbem.
Thanks.

Sir Garnet

Adding in Fatal Years

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 pm

It has been a few years since I got RUS, but I playsed Fatal Years after reading the "manual" for it with the historical background and reasoning behind the changes, which I found very impressive overall and in the level of care and detail in refining the game through a mod.

I'm not doing justice to the explanation there, and not even mentioning the many fixes in the mod, but one key factor in liking or not liking FY is whether you are happy with "no brainer" decisions with only upside, or whether they should usually be real decisions between alternative courses with pros and cons. The latter is the approach taken in FY and very appropriate in the RCW context - the course of events could have been different in so many ways. Also, more of the various historical factions/peoples are actively represented in the game. Great feel. It is a great approach and a great mod.

It would be a great thing for the design team to integrate in the game, formalities permitting.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 pm

i think ofiial implementing of very advanced mod is allway good way, you dont only get very good content "for free" but you can even open new branch too - very nice example is BF 1942 and mod for him modern warfare...whcih was later oficialy adopted and relased as oficial game.

Carnium

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 pm

I doubt that the original author of Fatal Years would allow his work to be used in official update/upgrade.
My guess is that the best bet is to cross our fingers that he would update his mod to work with the Gold version .... one day.

PhilThib

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Well, I don't think so, and he has disappeared from the screens since almost a year. But Andiatep has excellent ideas too...

Carnium

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, I don't think so, and he has disappeared from the screens since almost a year. But Andiatep has excellent ideas too...

Well Andiatep is here, while Clovis is gone like some other "interesting" modders in the past... there is no case here to who to turn for the future of RUS!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:00 am

PhilThib wrote: Andiatep has excellent ideas too...

Yeah, and thank for his work (what we can see on Davai! mod in the wiki). :thumbsup:

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:46 pm

since we have a lot or replies from rus dev team - so do you working on gold version ? and it will have some nice surprises ?

andatiep

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 pm

czert2 wrote:since we have a lot or replies from rus dev team - so do you working on gold version ? and it will have some nice surprises ?

We are working on a major upgrade of the game, whatever it will be named.
No new scenarios planed yet for now.

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 pm

great news.

Warsage
Colonel

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 pm

czert2 wrote:great news.

+1
[color="#FFA07A"]Las vallas nunca serán lo bastante altas si al otro lado hay hambre.[/color]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 am

andatiep wrote:We are working on a major upgrade of the game, whatever it will be named.
No new scenarios planed yet for now.

'We' is mainly Andatiep, AFAIK :) Thank for his big work.
'No new scenario': In the big campaign you should have enough new political or war options to craft here your own 'new scenario' while playing.
But an unrealised dream, sorry, is the big what-if 'no treaty of Brest-Livtosk' option (no shamefull bad peace with the invaders!), which could be uterly interesting and really change the whole scape of the civil war. Maybe for a RUS Platinum version in some years?

Paul Roberts

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:22 am

andatiep wrote:We are working on a major upgrade of the game, whatever it will be named.

Excellent!

czert2
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 am

ERISS wrote:'We' is mainly Andatiep, AFAIK :) Thank for his big work.
'No new scenario': In the big campaign you should have enough new political or war options to craft here your own 'new scenario' while playing.
But an unrealised dream, sorry, is the big what-if 'no treaty of Brest-Livtosk' option (no shamefull bad peace with the invaders!), which could be uterly interesting and really change the whole scape of the civil war. Maybe for a RUS Platinum version in some years?

Yeah, that will be daydream, but how make it ? will use whites extra time when reds will be forced to fight jerrys, to unite agains reds ? (but hey, they dint maked it when under pressure, so why when no presure) or they will form unified front against jerrys (similir to sino-japanese war, with coresponding break and deciding later). It will be surely most interesing scenario to play ever. And need to say, hardest to make imo.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:58 am

czert2 wrote:will use whites extra time when reds will be forced to fight jerrys, to unite agains reds ? (but hey, they dint maked it when under pressure, so why when no presure) or they will form unified front against jerrys (similir to sino-japanese war, with coresponding break and deciding later).

I had started a thread some times ago:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?22161-German-invasion

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I hope RUS Gold has a weather filter option. Both AJE and ROP have the weather filter and I use it almost every turn.

PhilThib

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 am

That should not be too hard to add I believe...and knowing the weather in Russia can really help... ask Nappy or Adolf ;)

schmolywar
Private

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:56 pm

If I buy this game in its current state, will I miss out when the gold version comes? Is it smarter to wait?

Philo32b
Captain

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 am

schmolywar wrote:If I buy this game in its current state, will I miss out when the gold version comes? Is it smarter to wait?

Whether you get it now or after the Gold version comes out, you would do very well to buy it. It is an amazing game.

andatiep

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:34 am

schmolywar wrote:If I buy this game in its current state, will I miss out when the gold version comes? Is it smarter to wait?

As far as i know, AGEOD's policy will be like with ROP Gold version. Previous RUS version owners will be able to upgrade for few euros, downloading a kind of big patch.

So, is it smarter to wait ? It depend on what smart means and what is your degree of addiction :) . But if you can't really not wait for at least one month, then don't chose not to buy it now :neener: .

You have anyway already a good game with the current version which could "learn you the basis" to prepare you for the Gold version.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 am

For what it's worth I bought Rise of Prussia shortly before the announcement for the RoP Gold version. No regrets or hard feelings, the game was excellent before the Gold patch and is even better now. If you find the RUS subject matter compelling, buy it now but be warned that when the Gold version is finely released, it will probably kill your saved games if installed. RUS is excellent in its current version, totally playable and really very absorbing.

-C

schmolywar
Private

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:58 am

I bought it :-)

barbu
Captain

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Any chance of a gold edition or major upgrade, as alluded to above, before Christmas?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”