MadBaron
Corporal

Makhno´s Menace and White Siberian Flag Questions

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi everybody

1) One quick question about the "Black Threat":

Playing as Southern White, after taking Tsaritsyn (after 2 weeks of siege against a huge Red force with open access to the Volga, quite weird for me that they surrendered :blink :) , I decided to move my main army back to Ukraine to go after Makhno´s forces. I transported my main army by rail (power about 1.800) to Gyualy Pole (sorry if is not correctly written ;) ) depot but, after staying there for two turns (a month in terms of real time) the flag in the region was still the Black one (with no anarchist forces in the region) and White MC was over 60%. Is that right or could it be a bug?
Please note I am using Fatal Years MOD

2) Question about White siberian flag:
I have read a post about a new icon for the White siberian flag. If I remember correctly the new one is just white and green, (the provisional government one), but wasn´t it Kolchak´s flag the one with the red cross over "the white snow over green forest" of Siberia flag? Hope someone could clarify.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

MadBaron wrote:1) One quick question about the "Black Threat":
Please note I am using Fatal Years MOD
Playing as Southern White, I decided to move my main army to go after Makhno´s forces to Gyualy Pole depot but, after staying there for two turns (a month in terms of real time) the flag in the region was still the Black one (with no anarchist forces in the region) and White MC was over 60%. Is that right or could it be a bug?

What do you mean? Ghulyai Polie was mainly a prefered HQ place, taking it did almost nothing on the makhnovist strenght. The decisions of the movement (what stand for government) were elected elsewhere.

2) Question about White siberian flag:
I have read a post about a new icon for the White siberian flag. If I remember correctly the new one is just white and green, (the provisional government one), but wasn´t it Kolchak´s flag the one with the red cross over "the white snow over green forest" of Siberia flag? Hope someone could clarify.

This mod is just for some didn't like the true flag. If they don't like the red color, they even could make the soviet flag in pink lol

MadBaron
Corporal

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you very much, ERISS.

Do not know why I could not conquer Ghulyai Polie, maybe it works in original RUS (not FY mod).

Regarding the flag, now it is clear, I prefer the real one, Siberia is too serious for me... ;)

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 am

MadBaron wrote:Thank you very much, ERISS.

Do not know why I could not conquer Ghulyai Polie, maybe it works in original RUS (not FY mod).

Regarding the flag, now it is clear, I prefer the real one, Siberia is too serious for me... ;)

Is your only force in the region an army? If you only have 60% control after 2 months, there is a partisan unit you can't see in the area. And if your only unit in the region is an army, it may be preventing capture. Split your stack into a corps.

MadBaron
Corporal

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Is your only force in the region an army? If you only have 60% control after 2 months, there is a partisan unit you can't see in the area. And if your only unit in the region is an army, it may be preventing capture. Split your stack into a corps.

Hi and thanks so much, General "Stonewall". My unit in the region is a corps of the Volunteer Army (that is in a different region), so no Southern White Army present there... Hidden partisans? That might be, but my corps has a power of about 1.800. Would it make sense that some irregular partisans prevented conquering whit a White MC over 60%???... :blink:

Regards from the banks of the Ussuri river..............

HaHaeTs
Conscript

Sat May 18, 2013 7:04 am

Erm, i'm an author of 'No Red X' mod for siberian flag. Actually Siberian flag is like modern russian one (or like this) , but we need difference in game (cuz southern already got this one). So I made Zabaikal Cossacks Republic flag. Ingame flag is Kolchak's flag, but untill 1919 there is no any Kolchak power in Siberia. So I think without red cross is better for full civil war campaign
PS Regards from the banks of the Amur river... :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”