Revan
Corporal

DNO : Red answer to the ultimatum.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:54 pm

hello.

I've just try to play a DNO campaign in the red side (first time for me, iv already play this campaign but always in the Central Powers' side).
I choose to lure the germans by saying a false yes and to continue to bring havoc on Ukraine (best option in my opinion).

But two turns later germans attacks me in....Bielorussia.
I'm almost sure that I havn't put more than 40 units in Ukraine and I have no message that Germans knows i have lied and that general war begins.

So the question is : is it normal that germans can attacking me in Bielorussia when i've officialy said yes to the ultimatum, when they have not discovered my duplicity and that general war has not begun except in Ukraine?

James D Burns

Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm

It says 40+ regimental sub-units. I always assumed that meant individual elements, so you start out with far too many units in Ukraine at start and need to pull back most of your forces. If you toggle the grand regions overlay, you'll see Ukraine territory goes all the way up near Gomel, so the brown dotted lines printed on the map are pretty meaningless, I think the program simply counts any unit in the Ukraine grand region overlay for its check.

40 elements is enough to have one small corps active in Ukraine and that is about it.

Jim

Revan
Corporal

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 pm

I have just tried to evacuate all units i can evacuate in Ukraine. I have NO message that i have more of 40 units in Ukraine and.....Germans still advande in Bielorussia.

Clearly, going to a false yes to ultimatum has no advantage for reds, Germans has almost all their forces and can go on the road to Moscow. No blockade anyxay (but FreiKorps Baltikum...)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”