Philo32b
Captain

How use Von der Goltz in Finnish Civil War scenario?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 am

I am sure that I am missing something painfully obvious, but I can't figure out how to actually use Von der Goltz's forces in Kiel when they unlock in early May 1918 in the Finnish Civil War scenario. (Please see attached picture.) The rail route to Berlin is off limits, and when I try to drag and drop into the Baltic it says "Cannot reach the destination from here."

A forum search revealed nothing, and I played through completely once, but I couldn't figure it out. What am I missing? Can anyone help?

[ATTACH]20708[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Germany Intervenes in Finland 2.jpg

lodilefty

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Load them on the transports and sail to where they want to be...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm

That's what is teached in the tutorial, at least it could be usefull for that :sourcil:

Philo32b
Captain

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 am

lodilefty wrote:Load them on the transports and sail to where they want to be...

Thank you, yes, I tried this. The game treats Kiel Bay as permanently frozen, so you cannot get out of it. I advanced a game to August to test this, and it was still frozen. Please find a link to the backup files attached. (I was not really playing this example game--I just advanced the turns to get to August.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zy2tbr8cev5nn9l,ivqsj1djdwyc27f,81mxssh6942nnmx,adsyrd4b12ul724,jczofn5b58c4u7s,q725v4zo6ufzv8f

lodilefty

Kiel Bay Weather fix

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

argh :bonk:

Kiel Bay has no weather, which causes it to be blocked!

Adding Kiel Bay to the Baltic Seas weather zone fixes this. You must either start a new game or process one turn for the weather fix to occur.

Extract the attached into \RUS\GameData
1 file overwritten

The attachment Areas_fixKielBay.zip is no longer available
Attachments
Areas_fixKielBay.zip
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Philo32b
Captain

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 am

Worked perfectly, thank you!

I very much like how it starts draining your victory points if you actually use the Germans. I thought it would make the scenario a cake walk for Finland, but in actuality it suddenly made it a more intense race against time to crush the communists. Very nice!

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

Is this now in the latest patch or is it just for this scenario? Patch seems to be dated November 12, this solution November 15th.

EDIT found it was included. Should have read a bit more down patch thread. Sorry.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Odd. Pretty sure I am using the latest patch and the Germans are still stuck in Kiel. Can't get them out. I will put in the fix.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”