GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

More Revolution games?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

What's next for SEP REDS, and the AGE engine in general? Can we expect to see another revolution game, for example a game about the Spanish Civil War? I believe there are still many conflicts left that fit the AGE engine, that could bring it into new time periods like WWII.

Seb

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:24 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:What's next for SEP REDS, and the AGE engine in general? Can we expect to see another revolution game, for example a game about the Spanish Civil War? I believe there are still many conflicts left that fit the AGE engine, that could bring it into new time periods like WWII.

First we will try to improve RUS (and correct the bugs and mistake you guys have spotted ;) ) and soon we should work on a new project :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Czert
Sergeant

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I will love "supergame" which will cover lots of time.

America speaking - wars in america + america ciwil war combined in one game (they have same region after all).

Player will simply select scenari which he want.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:17 pm

I respect your idea but more is often not better. I prefer if they keep it more focussed, as it is now.

Narwhal

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Seb wrote:First we will try to improve RUS (and correct the bugs and mistake you guys have spotted ;) ) and soon we should work on a new project :)

Thank you for this future game about the Mexican Revolution !

Oh ! wait ? It is the Turkish Independance War ! Great idea as well. Love it !

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Narwhal wrote:Thank you for this future game about the Mexican Revolution !

Oh ! wait ? It is the Turkish Independance War ! Great idea as well. Love it !

If it would have the music choice to my taste then I would support Mexican Revolution game, But I like more about Argentina independence in particular her music and tango ;)

Oh well! TIW doesnt have impressive music on that timeframe, but fits well to Age engine :thumbsup: :D Great idea why not? There is already a "silhouette" in Rus map :thumbsup:

Narwhal

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Man, Baris, if no one does this, we really should do this TIW on our own free time and money. You ll be in charge of finding the OOB, though :-)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 pm

I thought you will never ask Narwhal ;) . Ofcourse I will gladly help, But I was waiting for the Lottery to own Paradox and help them about the decisions about the future projects :D But maybe SEPRUS can make it happen before :thumbsup:
There are roughly 3 fronts:
West:

[ATTACH]14749[/ATTACH]

South:
[ATTACH]14750[/ATTACH]

East:
[ATTACH]14751[/ATTACH]

and uprisings after council in 1920:
[ATTACH]14752[/ATTACH]

I will gladly find OOB and I really believe this game will be perfect under AGE-engine.
Attachments
kurt-savasi-ayklmsi.jpg
transcaucasuscampaign19.jpg
guneycephe.jpg
grecoturkishwarmap.png

von Sachsen
Captain

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:17 am

30 Years War?

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:42 am

I'd love a Thirty-Years War game!

Carnium

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 pm

And I would kill for a Spanish Civil war game based on AGEOD engine :thumbsup:

Hohenlohe

Triple-Alliance-War 1865-1870(South America)

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:44 pm

I would be happy if someone would do a Strategy Game scenario based on RUS for the Triple-Alliance-War with some additional options to the diplomacy and political branch. This war has never reached any recognition here in Europe, even my cousin, a Major(he was once a good staff officer at the German Airborne Division during the Eighties) in Reserve of the Bundeswehr, has never heared anything about that War which decided so much in South American History. I would even love a special scenario made for PON with all the nations involved in this war and that time before and afterwards.

I got some books about that time and I will even try to get some more...

So if someone would be interested to do some work for such a scenario and if it will be allowed by the Phillippes I am offering my help with some historical research and for the OOB and such else.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ChrisD
Sergeant

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 am

Carnium wrote:And I would kill for a Spanish Civil war game based on AGEOD engine :thumbsup:

So would I !!!
ChrisD, mais pourquoi est-il si méchant ?

PhilThib

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:32 am

The Spanish Civil War would require an improved air module, so not right now... :cool:

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:34 pm

PhilThib wrote:The Spanish Civil War would require an improved air module, so not right now... :cool:

Yeah, I was thinking the SCW would be a good lead in to some WW2 type games if you could upgrade the air and tank combat some.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:19 pm

I think "Revolution games" means games about historic events,movements leading revolution. Dramatic change in regime even change in written language... not necessarily about tank or submarine warfare simulation.

PhilThib wrote:The Spanish Civil War would require an improved air module, so not right now... :cool:

Indeed :) In TWI there are hardly any air combat :thumbsup: . Mostly factions opposing : anti revolutionaries, sultan forces,tribal uprising, anti-seculars, nationalist movements,foreign intervention makes this as a one of the best candidate if it ever happens.

PhilThib

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 am

Yes, just missing the map, but I may find a solution for this ;)

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I think the world is ready for a strategy game about the Indochinese wars, there are plenty of tactical games but no on the strategy level.

Yeah I do realise that the engine will need to upgrades, like air combat maybe even on naval combat but I think it would be worth it.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

teufel0331
Sergeant

A whole South American campaign/focus

Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm

:love:
Hohenlohe wrote:I would be happy if someone would do a Strategy Game scenario based on RUS for the Triple-Alliance-War with some additional options to the diplomacy and political branch. This war has never reached any recognition here in Europe...I would even love a special scenario made for PON with all the nations involved in this war and that time before and afterwards.

So if someone would be interested to do some work for such a scenario and if it will be allowed by the Phillippes I am offering my help with some historical research and for the OOB and such else.

Hohenlohe

great idea -- it could go from revolutionary times 1810s/20s right up until thr modern era, represented by the Mexican revolution and Chaco wars.
It could cover:

1810s and 1820s: Spanish American wars of independence.
1810-1818 Argentine War of Independence
1810-1818 Chilean War of Independence
1811-1823 Venezuelan War of Independence
1812-1821 Peruvian War of Independence
1821-1825 Brazilian War of Independence
1820-1828: The Argentina–Brazil War over the status of future Uruguay occurs.
1828-1829: Gran Colombia – Peru War.
1829-1830: Chilean Civil War of 1829.
1835-1845: Republican revolt against the Empire of Brazil is put down in the War of Tatters.
1836-1839: War of the Confederation between the Peru-Bolivian Confederation and Chile.
1839-1851: Uruguayan Civil War
1851-1852: Platine War
1859-1863: Federal War in Venezuela.
1860-1862: Colombian Civil War
1864-1865: The Uruguayan War
1864-1866: The Chincha Islands War
1864-1870: The War of the Triple Alliance occurs.
1879-1884: Bolivia and Peru fight Chile in the War of the Pacific.
1891: Chilean Civil War.
1899–1902: Colombian Thousand Days War.
1932-1933: Colombia-Peru War
1932-1935: The Chaco War between Bolivia and Paraguay is fought.

that's a helluvalotta rich territory to cover, especially emphasizing the early revolutions vs. Spain, the Triple Alliance war and War of the Pacific. And perhaps the Chaco and Mexican Civil Wars might not need a heavy upgrade for air combat -- think more WWI-era than SCW.... The Chaco war saw the last ever dogfight between biplanes, at Ballivián, so even though their air forces were well-equipped, they weren't really performing modern air operations, as of yet....

If you were REALLY motivated, you could make yr map's northern border the Rio Grande (or immediately beyond to get some North American Indian Wars/Utah Mormon Wars) and the Caribbean to get some other really good stuff in: Mexican independence, Texas Revolution and Mexican-American War, Civil Wars of the United Provinces/Greater Republic of Central America, the filibusteros, including William Walker's expeditions to Nicaragua and Sonora (part of Central American civil wars, really) the failed French expedition to put Emperor Maximilian on Mexico's throne (French Foreign Legion Capt Danjou's famed defense of Camarone), and then top it off w/ the Spanish American War (you'd need a separate window for Manila, but that's no problem,right?) and Mexican Civil War. And that's just the northern map!!!

i'm getting excited just thinking about this.... this could be very cool! :love:

teufel0331
Sergeant

oh yeah....

Thu May 26, 2011 4:05 pm

& of course i'd love to help in any way possible. i know my brethren to the south are always (& rightfully) complaining that us norteamericanos dominate the conversation. true enough sez me but we'd need some help from y'all to provide traction to make this kind of project a reality! ;)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”