bobbob
Corporal

Lenin

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Saw a post in another thread about lenin and there was no answer but did get me interested. So i'll ask it again. How do you use lenin unit in this game?

Seb

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 pm

bobbob wrote:Saw a post in another thread about lenin and there was no answer but did get me interested. So i'll ask it again. How do you use lenin unit in this game?

He's just a fixed leader, like Maria-Teresa in Rise of Prussia. But you lose MN if he's killed while Moscow is taken :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

bobbob
Corporal

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

thank you

daemonofdecay
Conscript

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm just curious if Lenin's abilities work as advertised. Sometimes I've kept him in Moscow and, even while winning battles and/or not demanding money/supplies from the populace, the loyalty within Moscow (and surrounding areas) doesn't seem to go up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Seb wrote:He's just a fixed leader, like Maria-Teresa in Rise of Prussia. But you lose MN if he's killed while Moscow is taken :)

Yes indeed. In my game as Southern whites, in previous turn Red AI NM was 61 while I was sieging Moscow with fixed Lenin in it. I assaulted next turn and after battles Red AI lose the game with 0 NM ! Both Moscow taken and Lenin killed. It seems only taking Moscow and eliminating Lenin cause that much NM loss for reds.
Red NM can be low throught the game,so Reds are more prone to lose game for their low NM. Southern white NM was 68 and jumped to 130.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:04 am

daemonofdecay wrote:Sometimes I've kept him in Moscow and, even while winning battles and/or not demanding money/supplies from the populace, the loyalty within Moscow (and surrounding areas) doesn't seem to go up.

Lenin is Propagandist:
"If the most senior general in the region, will progressively increase the loyalty of the population over time. (+1% each turn up to 75%)" (from the manual)
Maybe there is a bug where the 75% max applies to all that happens (battles, etc) in his region?

lycortas
Sergeant

rank

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:24 am

Lenin has no rank so i believe he is not a general and thus propagandist does not work.

Mike

TheDoctorKing

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 am

It's a pity. You ought to be able to move him about and encourage the population in various areas. Always with the downside that if he gets killed you lose a bunch of NM.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hohenlohe

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 am

What we simply all want to know is if the Propagandist trait works correctly.
So we should check the trait and the related files.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Ebbingford

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 am

His other ability will need checking as well because he can't command a stack. ;)

daemonofdecay
Conscript

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 pm

ERISS wrote:Lenin is Propagandist:
"If the most senior general in the region, will progressively increase the loyalty of the population over time. (+1% each turn up to 75%)"
Maybe there is a bug where the 75% max applies to all happens (battles, etc) in his region?

The problem is that the Pro-Red sentiment in Moscow stays in the mid 50s (after I extorted money from the workers a few times ;) ) even when Lenin is the only "leader" in the region, whether or not I put him in the Moscow garrison stack or he is on his own.

lycortas wrote:Lenin has no rank so i believe he is not a general and thus propagandist does not work.

Mike

This is my thinking as well. Personally the best solution I think would be to make Lenin a locked 3-star general in charge of his own Army (Sovnarkom?). He doesn't seem to count as a "leader" at this point; even when in a stack of units (the Moscow garrison) he is not on the left of the units where leaders normally go but to the right amongst the support units.

Hohenlohe wrote:What we simply all want to know is if the Propagandist trait works correctly.
So we should check the trait and the related files.

greetings

Hohenlohe

Agreed. For instance I think Trotsky's special Propagandist trait does work, but its hard to tell; perhaps a good way to double check if its working would be to make a message in the log whenever any leader's Propagandist trait added loyalty to a region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheDoctorKing

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

How many other propagandists are there?

You'd think that this would be something Reds would be good at. Maybe there should be a Lunacharsky leader with this trait. And Kamenev should have it as well.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”