Florent

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:15 pm

I mean no Tank Figurines appeared at all !!!!

Here i mean in the building ledger.

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Florent wrote:After Rc4 and Rc 5 + 1.01 and Hotfix, i kept up in my campaign until CTD.
I still have the same Diplomatical options, 5 in all.
1. Declaration de guerre sur les Etats Baltes.
2. Declaration de guerre sur les Finlandais.
3. Declaration de guerre sur L( still not corrected or i have to start anew, what i will do rapidly)
4. Alliance avec les Anarchistes.
5. Briser l'Alliance avec les Anarchistes.

Then there are plenty of messages indicating new Diplomatical Options, 1 time or 2 i could have had 2 of them in one turn but of course none did show.

I build 2 Tanks plants but wasn't able to build tanks. I mean no Tank Figurines appeared at all !!!!

The campaign was nevertheless interesting but i'm curious to see what are supposed to be all these missing Diplomatical Options.

+ I saw somewhere in a screen about a white AAR some black Anarchist faction with Mekhno (the Guy showing in the diplomatic option for Alliance).
Is it normal that when playing Reds these black faction is nowhere to be seen ?

1) Diplomatical options: normal, as Red can declare war to Finland or Balt at will. Try Finland, it's fun and dangerous :D .

I will check for messages. Edit: found and fixed.

2) Tanks: wer'e progressing at last ;) . I will check that. :)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I forgot : The option for recruiting prisoners worked this time :D as the Red Cossaks but aviation didn't work after the Finns problem instead of red.

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Florent wrote:but aviation didn't work after the Finns problem instead of red.

:confused: I don't understand ?
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:56 pm

This is the subject of another thread where when you asked to have Tsarist aviation repaired. At the second time you get A squadron with finn Swasticas, a Finn little flag on the unit depiction and you can't get replacement.
Thereafter when you click for more aviation nothing happen.

I will have to confirm but i have a doubt about the party members joining the Army, it worked 2 or 3 times (or 1 or 2) but not thereafter.

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Florent wrote:This is the subject of another thread where when you asked to have Tsarist aviation repaired. At the second time you get A squadron with finn Swasticas, a Finn little flag on the unit depiction and you can't get replacement.
Thereafter when you click for more aviation nothing happen.

I will have to confirm but i have a doubt about the party members joining the Army, it worked 2 or 3 times (or 1 or 2) but not thereafter.

Optionns will not always work. There are yet a bit of work about option texts for explaining that.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

just a note for those having bought this game on Gamersgate. We 've got a sad review ( as usual someone ranting with the same text all over the net). so if you like RUS, it could be hlpful if at last, some of you would just trank the game on Gamersgate.... ;) Whatever note you want of course.

You know, it's like reading this forum, from time to time, one can feel RUS to be fully broken :D
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Recently consulted a website about DTP games with some games about the Russian battles of the Civil War and then Wikipedia.

I t seems that an important leader and good leader could be added to the game unless i was unlucky with random selection.

This leader is Cavalry leader Boris Mokeevich Dumenko rgt commander in june 1918 but Division commander in November 18 and Corps commander september 1919. At the head of the Combined Cavalry Corps, he liberated Novocherkassk. Unfortunately this excellent leader was falsely accused and shot in May 11 1920.
Yes he will be the 3rd or 4th leader to be killed in RuS but the Red player will get the chance to have an excellent cavalry leader + a promotable leader for Corps command even if for a 18 months period.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Clovis wrote:this game on Gamersgate. We 've got a sad review

And? What he says is true. I could write and give the same rating. When released, 1/5 is ok. But later I think the game could reach 4 easily, or 5, trough the patches.

Clovis

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Florent wrote:Recently consulted a website about DTP games with some games about the Russian battles of the Civil War and then Wikipedia.

I t seems that an important leader and good leader could be added to the game unless i was unlucky with random selection.

This leader is Cavalry leader Boris Mokeevich Dumenko rgt commander in june 1918 but Division commander in November 18 and Corps commander september 1919. At the head of the Combined Cavalry Corps, he liberated Novocherkassk. Unfortunately this excellent leader was falsely accused and shot in May 11 1920.
Yes he will be the 3rd or 4th leader to be killed in RuS but the Red player will get the chance to have an excellent cavalry leader + a promotable leader for Corps command even if for a 18 months period.

Good idea. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

OneArmedMexican
General

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 pm

ERISS wrote:And? What he says is true. I could write and give the same rating. When released, 1/5 is ok. But later I think the game could reach 4 easily, or 5, trough the patches.

1 of 5??? OK, RUS had some bugs when released but that was to be expected: AGE games are developped by tiny teams, they rely on us, their players, to help them iron out the bugs. With most companies I would be outraged and call it abuse. But if we have to act as beta testers for the first few weeks with a new AGE game I am fine with that because AGEOD and now SEPRUS make up for it with an exceptional customer support. Which other company patches games as long as AGEOD? Few listen as closely to what changes their players want.
And as concerns RUS, the bad bugs are gone what remains are smaller things. How long did it take them? Less than a month. Some of the big companies in the gaming industry have done a lot worse.
Gray Lensman wrote something very striking about this issue in another thread: AGE games are released as "diamonds in the rough". RUS is getting quite polished.
And one last thing: the most important thing about AGE games is - at least in my opinion - the AI. And in that departement RUS was top notch from the very start. Not only in comparison to other strategy titles, but also as compared to ACW or even ROP.

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:56 am

Florent wrote:I mean no Tank Figurines appeared at all !!!!

Here i mean in the building ledger.

I looked at the evnst and it should work, unless something is luring me.

Have you a save, please? :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:01 am

OneArmedMexican wrote:, but also as compared to ACW or even ROP.

AACW will get the same soon, I hope. ROP was a first try, and I didn't got all the tols I've today to configure AI. And I discovered a better way to help AI for choosing objectives and avoiding winter attrition.

And as I've needed 3 years to understand some very important pbasics about Athena, I'm sure 2011 will be the year of new progress. :) I'm thinking about Andiatep post but it will be harder to find a solution, but I'm thinking ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:16 am

I also think it is better for AI move in harsh winter then waiting for death sentence in besieged structure. In my previous games in ROP near Dresden 42 units of the AI died without figthing in besieged structure. It is better them to be outside, or even winter movement, when much bigger force threatens. It also prevents experience or promotion of the enemy troops.

Edit: Thanks Clovis :)
But I have to add Russian geography is hard even for human player :)
There is also a possibility for player to lose troops in winter against AI.

I think one problem is AI waiting near opposing force, This waiting can be long. They can be green or Red forces. If they wait too long(doesnt move or attack) they can get out of supply easily and disseappear.

Edit 2: Yes, I observed in RUS and ROP mainly but not happens everytime, maybe near some provinces. Thanks for your work :)

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 am

Baris wrote:I also think it is better for AI move in harsh winter then waiting for death sentence in besieged structure. In my previous games in ROP near Dresden 42 units of the AI died without figthing in besieged structure. It is better them to be outside, or even winter movement, when much bigger force threatens. It also prevents experience or promotion of the enemy troops.

OK Baris and Andiatep. We will try to remedy that :) ( White flag, surrendering... :D )
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:43 am

andatiep wrote:Some Whites' Great Campaign reports (repatched 1.01, hotfix3)

British military mission and armored trains ability changed to group :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 am

Baris wrote:
I think one problem is AI waiting near opposing force, This waiting can be long. They can be green or Red forces. If they wait too long(doesnt move or attack) they can get out of supply easily and disseappear.

Indeed. the solution would maybe come from lowering value interest for regions but this has to be tested first because of possible side effects...and implemented too because it will affects several hundred events. I will do a try in SVF and if succesful it will be retrofitted in RUS. And ROP. Oh my God! :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 am

OneArmedMexican wrote:1 of 5???
we have to act as beta testers for the first few weeks
AGE games are released as "diamonds in the rough".
the AI in that departement RUS was top notch from the very start

So, 1/5 at release is good: With bad manual, confusing tutorial, interface with bad or cut texts, we even can't see (or recognize!) the bugs as we can't play (nor test the AI).
More than 1/5 is for the ageod fanboy already knowing how to play, and able playing blindly as they already know the interface.
What is to be improved first is
. the tutorial (I do, in french, and little in english by the way, but it will still be incomplete as there is nothing about recruit and building),
. the manual (maybe the most important),
. and the interface (the fewer work, I will help when finished with french tutorial). (EDIT: Here I was talking about the bad interface when not in 96DPI..., so that's not the fewer work..)

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:05 am

ERISS wrote:So, 1/5 at release is good: With bad manual, confusing tutorial, interface with bad or cut texts, we even can't see (or recognize!) the bugs as we can't play (nor test the AI).
More than 1/5 is for the ageod fanboy already knowing how to play, and able playing blindly as they already know the interface.
What is to be improve first is the tutorial (I do, in french, but it will still be incomplete as there is nothing about recruit and building), the manual (maybe the most important), and the interface (the fewer work, I will help when finished with french tutorial).

no.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:16 am

Florent wrote:

THis option may be chosen one time a yaer, so 1918,1919, 1920...Have you tried after 1920?
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 am

andatiep wrote:
- Siberian armored cars have lost their interesting special ability (armored support for infantry) ...and armored trains still have it (but can't be merged...).

I've checked the files for the next patch. Siberian armored cars have this ability.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

petebeadle
Conscript

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:24 am

Have you decided to give up sleep just to improve this game for us Clovis?

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 am

petebeadle wrote:Have you decided to give up sleep just to improve this game for us Clovis?

No. But this night, I've been sleeping the first part of the night in my car because of snow fall.... So I'm fresh today :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:30 pm

I have played most of the day a new campaign with 1.01 thus no RC 4 or 5.
Most of the improvements noted in my previous campaign were there...but still no Tanks to built.
I'm in Februar 1920 now.
I have noted nevertheless that you have no indication that the Tank Plant is completed thus perhaps explaining why it doesn't work.
For the standard plants, Infantry Divisions, Trains etc... you have always a message indicating the completion of the task...not for the tanks. :thumbsup:
Outstanding campaign :w00t: I lost 2 3 stars commanders rapidly but decided not to resign and kept up with the campaign.
This time i'm more fighting around Tashkent and there are ferocious battles around Perm that i have retaken, Ekaterinburg and all this area.
The Ukraine as the most terrific battle with about 78000 Reds in 2 fronts near Belgorod but one of the front had been ordered to retreat before thus it participated in only 1 round but i won the Battle against 36000 men lead by french general Berthelot.

Clovis

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Florent wrote:I have played most of the day a new campaign with 1.01 thus no RC 4 or 5.
Most of the improvements noted in my previous campaign were there...but still no Tanks to built.
I'm in Februar 1920 now.
I have noted nevertheless that you have no indication that the Tank Plant is completed thus perhaps explaining why it doesn't work.
For the standard plants, Infantry Divisions, Trains etc... you have always a message indicating the completion of the task...not for the tanks. :thumbsup:
Outstanding campaign :w00t: I lost 2 3 stars commanders rapidly but decided not to resign and kept up with the campaign.
This time i'm more fighting around Tashkent and there are ferocious battles around Perm that i have retaken, Ekaterinburg and all this area.
The Ukraine as the most terrific battle with about 78000 Reds in 2 fronts near Belgorod but one of the front had been ordered to retreat before thus it participated in only 1 round but i won the Battle against 36000 men lead by french general Berthelot.

I will check again for tanks...grrr...

If Whites are holding part of Ukrain and Urals at the start of 1920, so the balance objective of the patch is close to be achieved...and Athena at her smartest level :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:41 am

We should release another patch in the next days.

It will primarily integrate the hotfix and fix some other of the glitches signaled since.

It will be compatable with current games as changes are minor ;)

Then we will work on the 1.02 patch :D . As it seems major and the most of the secondary bugs are fixed, there are some improvments we would introduce, like better information about war fortune of the other White faction for the White player, and an improved AI for Drang.

We would like to thank all who have helped us to sort the problems in about less than one month, by actually playing RUS and posting here their critics. For myown, I feel the game to be almost achieved and rather well balanced. Of course, only you will say if I'm right on the balance.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Don't forget to look at the diplomatic options for the Reds !!!
It's impossible for now to attack and invade Poland but there is sooo much to do for the Reds.
The Poles had no Army ready before 1920 and the Reds are unlikely to attack before.
But the option should not be tied to the whites Diplomacy, historically the Poles attack because they had detected thanks to decoding what was about to be done by the Reds, they knew about concentrations of troops and Depot building.
The game could do the same if the Polish faction detects a concentration on the borders there is a test to see if Poland do a Pre-emptive strike !!!
If the test is negative (every turn ) then the Reds can accumulate the preparatives and declare war first.

For now i have just subjugated the Baltic States in my previous game and prepare a Master Plan against Finland : " Hammer and Sickle " :thumbsup:

There are missing photos for some events like Plant completed.

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Florent wrote:Don't forget to look at the diplomatic options for the Reds !!!
It's impossible for now to attack and invade Poland but there is sooo much to do for the Reds.
The Poles had no Army ready before 1920 and the Reds are unlikely to attack before.
But the option should not be tied to the whites Diplomacy, historically the Poles attack because they had detected thanks to decoding what was about to be done by the Reds, they knew about concentrations of troops and Depot building.
The game could do the same if the Polish faction detects a concentration on the borders there is a test to see if Poland do a Pre-emptive strike !!!
If the test is negative (every turn ) then the Reds can accumulate the preparatives and declare war first.

For now i have just subjugated the Baltic States in my previous game and prepare a Master Plan against Finland : " Hammer and Sickle " :thumbsup:

There are missing photos for some events like Plant completed.

We will take this into acount,but certainly not before patch 1.02.

Oops I forgot ;) Screenshots please, it would be fun to have a glitch of your GC.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Florent wrote:Don't forget to look at the diplomatic options for the Reds !!!

Finally, in the next patch, Red will be able to declare war on Poland, for 45 EP ;) .

White will be allowed to ally with Poland, after having chosen the Independance Recognition option, but it will be very costly too.

Poland will possibly enter war from 1919 ( very low chance before 1920, high chance after...)

Hope it will please you.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Christophe.Barot

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:24 pm

[quote="Clovis"]
a)I discovered a better way to help AI for choosing objectives and avoiding winter attrition.

And as I've needed 3 years to understand some very important pbasics about Athena, I'm sure 2011 will be the year of new progress.

b) we will work on the 1.02 patch
[quote]

a) looks promising for PoN :neener: :thumbsup: :coeurs:

b) don't forget renaming Donetsk into Yuzhovka and changing name of duplicated city in caucasus (Gori ? should check again)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”