ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 pm

SEPRUS wrote:/latest/RUS_Patch
The patch has been updated to 1.01b

I see my french translation version is still the 06.
Could you send me the 1.01b LocalStrings_RED.XLS file,
or the one I'm working on* at now would be good for you? (for you convert it to csv) (working on version 09)
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19733
* that's the ex-future 1.01a xls Clovis sent me

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:48 am

Playing as SB white, despite the military control around region, and owning all the provinces in the area around Tomsk, I can not make requisition in spec ops map.
SB whites have no MC in Arkhangels(in fog of war) but can make requisition(didnt try if it will be cancelled though)
Saratov(Tzaritzyn) is under MC of Siberian whites for few turns, but can not make requisition or can change regional policy.

TheDoctorKing

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:21 am

I've noticed as the Reds that I can't requisition in Moscow. Perhaps you can't do any of these operations in your capital region?
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elwro
Civilian

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Awesome, thanks for the patches! As a Polish guy I hope the late events in the Polish-Soviet War scenario that Clovis mentioned will make it in in some future patch...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm

As playing southern whites at turn 2, I can make requisition from Komich controlled Samara and Penza. It seems green men percentage does not change after requisition. %20 and %40.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:47 am

Volunteer army moving Kugoyeyskaya to Tithoretskaja. Both regions have clear terrain and weather is excellent for marching and picnic. But for 2 turns Volunteer Army taking hits.

[ATTACH]14225[/ATTACH]

Edit: Average cohesion of the Volunteers Army is 69 %
Army have adequate supply for 14 turns.
Attachments
pic1.jpg

SEPRUS

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 am

So?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:25 pm

SEPRUS wrote:So?

So?
In the message log it is saying that Volunteers Army taking hits from exhaustion !?. Average cohesion of the army is 69 %. Both regions have clear terrain(not a swamp,difficult terrain) and force have adequate supply and not marching long distances. Edit: Maybe there can be more probability chance for taking attrition below 50% cohesion.
Also Requisition for some regions are possible without MC.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Baris wrote:force have adequate supply

Force seems surrounded with empty supply stocks. You should have given a save.
Maybe you have a very bad National Morale, and these are the un-volunteers fleeing from army?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 pm

ERISS wrote:Force seems surrounded with empty supply stocks. You should have given a save.
Maybe you have a very bad National Morale, and these are the un-volunteers fleeing from army?

If they flee I will find them :D but I have confidence of my Volunteers ,They are in good shape, I can take both armies down. :dada:

When there is requisiton in Caspian(Arshabat) and Samara as playing with southern whites, there is no difference in green men percentage change and Im free to exploit the land without penalties.
I can attach save game if necessary.

Edit: Thanks Seb :)

Seb

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Baris wrote:So?
In the message log it is saying that Volunteers Army taking hits from exhaustion !?. Average cohesion of the army is 69 %. Both regions have clear terrain(not a swamp,difficult terrain) and force have adequate supply and not marching long distances. Edit: Maybe there can be more probability chance for taking attrition below 50% cohesion.
Also Requisition for some regions are possible without MC.

It is a message problem that will be corrected in the next patch :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Clovis wrote:For me, SVF :) . My work on RUS is now over and I just hope it will please all, even if After testing, Poland events I mentioned before aren't fully working and so will not be introduced....That's life ;)

Sorry for digging up a rather old post. But this statement gives me some concerns: Does this mean there won't be a proper AI for the Drang Campaign in the near future?
You guys did a good job, ironing out most of the bugs so far. But frankly, one of the major campaigns in a game lacking an AI is a big deal for me.
I am fine with serving as a paying beta tester, but I would be somewhat pissed off if the RUS developpers were to simply leave that campaign as it is.
We all know that AGEOD and now SEPRUS are very small companies, but marketing a strategy game without an AI is like selling a shooter without guns or publishing a RPG lacking chunks of dialogue.
IMO, the AI in RUS is its strongest asset. I hope the last campaign will get one, too.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Red Fusilier conscript infantry(single production) taking 3 turns to unlock despite saying 2 turns on the list of construction screen. When put on the map, tooltip says 28 days.
It can sometimes need 1 more hour to complete :) screeenshot: Unit is locked

[ATTACH]14241[/ATTACH]

Im not sure but I think the more units build of the same type(or same region?), delay can happen for their construction to be complete. but this was the first or the second fusiliers to be completed.
Attachments
pic1.jpg

Ebbingford

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but it looks like there is some missing text here.

Attachments
1.jpg

SEPRUS

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:59 pm

OneArmedMexican: I can understand it can be a pet peeve of your to say that the Drang scenario is unfinished, because it did not beneficiate from the full attention of Clovis, but this is not true. None of the previous AGE engine games had any additional AI scripts, including AACW, and the generic AI, known as Athena, was still considered as far above the average AI of others games.

Now, perhaps because Drang has some special features, like a front and heavy concentration of troops, perhaps that the AI has more troubles than in others scenarios, this can well be true. Still, saying the scenario is almost crippled or unfinished is unfair.

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 pm

SEPRUS wrote:OneArmedMexican: I can understand it can be a pet peeve of your to say that the Drang scenario is unfinished, because it did not beneficiate from the full attention of Clovis, but this is not true. None of the previous AGE engine games had any additional AI scripts, including AACW, and the generic AI, known as Athena, was still considered as far above the average AI of others games.

Now, perhaps because Drang has some special features, like a front and heavy concentration of troops, perhaps that the AI has more troubles than in others scenarios, this can well be true. Still, saying the scenario is almost crippled or unfinished is unfair.

I don't mean to insult you, but your post isn't exactly fair either.

Here are some of the older statements concerning the AI in the Drang Campaign:

Clovis wrote:For now, 2 remains to be fully worked to get an improved AI: Drang and Revolution under siege. There's just the basic AI for playing this, this should be solved in the next patch.

Clovis wrote:The AI for this scenario should be optimized for the next patch.

At that time Clovis was speaking as part of the SEPRUS team. Is it unfair of me to remember that promise? Is it unfair to keep asking if it will be kept?

I presume you have tried the Drang Campaign, in my opinion the basic AI is overwhelmed by this scenario. Athena is incapable of more than stupid passivity. Other players seem to agree with me on that point:

TheDoctorKing wrote:I'm with you. I thought it looked totally kewl, loaded it up as the Reds, and prepared to be steam-rollered. Sort of Barbarossa avant la lettre. But the Germans just let themselves get slaughtered.

If you want to uphold the high reputation AGE games enjoy for their AI, the Drang Campaign needs more than the basic AI. Otherwise, this scenario really is "crippled".

I might have chosen strong metaphors and I could have made it more clear that there is of course a basic AI. If you want to call that unfair, be my guest.

And just to clear things up, I don't want to smear RUS reputation - it is a great game.

Athens
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:I don't mean to insult you, but your post isn't exactly fair either.

Here are some of the older statements concerning the AI in the Drang Campaign:

At that time Clovis was speaking as part of the SEPRUS team. Is it unfair of me to remember that promise? Is it unfair to keep asking if it will be kept?

As I've been dragged on without consent by SEPRUS on this point, a few words about.

I shouldn't have promised that. I could explain why I had good reasons to promise that, but it would be rather harsh for SEPRUS and that's not my intent.

Now I always said what I've done is easy to do ( I suspect the real difficulty was in discovering how to shape AI). No one is irreplacable, and I'm not an exception.

Clovis.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Athens wrote:I shouldn't have promised that. I could explain why I had good reasons to promise that, but it would be rather harsh for SEPRUS and that's not my intent.

Thank you Clovis. I am not happy that an improved AI for the Drang Campaign probably won't happen, but I am not angry, either. Instead, I am officially giving up on my "pet peeve" as SEPRUS so kindly choose to call it. ;)

I have no idea why SEPRUS and you parted ways and it is none of my business. As far as I am concerned, I just hope, SEPRUS won't give up on RUS entirely.

Good luck with your RUS mod, Clovis. I will certainly give it a try soon. :)

Ebbingford

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am

Some more missing text...

Attachments
1.jpg

J P Falcon
Private

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I have been away for awhile and I'm a bit confused at what is going on here...from what little I can gather, I am wondering if there will be anymore official patches for this game or are the patches now going to be Athens nee Clovis' mod?..... :confused:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:22 am

As playing Southern Whites, requisiton from Arshabat and Samara doesn't effect green loyalty or any other loyalty, it gives money or manpower for free. Regarding the armored trains, I think they shouldnt be able to capture a city by themselves(have 40 men each), maybe it should have limited number of infantry capacity to carry with them them and capture cities ?or can be used as big supply carriers with extendend range than supply wagons?
It is said before but "Kronstadt approaches" prevents any ships except all water movement ships to enter. By the time Yudenich army appears in Pskov it needs some ships to assist for advancing to Petrograd, constructed gunboats can not enter 'Kronstadt approaches' to blockade passage from Tsarskoye to Petrograd when needed.

SEPRUS

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:12 am

Patch 1.02 is on its way, perhaps this week-end! It fixes among others things the 'erroneous logic' bug in air battle, plus a lot of events.

Clovis is not part of the RUS Team, but is a volunteer. We appreciate dearly what he has done so far to improve the AI on many scenarios, although the engine AI, Athena, is quite good even without scripted improvements. As for Drang, Clovis is not interested anymore to work on it, which is his complete right, so we will see among the official team who can work on this scenario.

If nobody can tackle it in due time, perhaps Drang will be declared a 'PBEM only' scenario, but for now, this is not the plan.

The RUS Team has worked quite some time since 2 weeks on a new patch, mostly in the evening as they have day jobs. But work, significant work, has been done, rest assured!

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am

Playing as the Reds in the long campaign I have just had the message

"Bolcheviks have received a new Red General"

However, when I click on this it doesn't take me to him.
Shouldn't there be a line after this that says "General such and suchov is now awaiting a new command", this will then take you to him when the message is clicked on?
I don't think I have had a new general arrive in the game this turn anyway. The only ones I can find are attached to partisan groups in the Ukraine.

On another note I don't think the Cossack ability is working properly.
Cossack units have the Cossack ability and some leaders have the Cossack Commander ability. From this I would imagine that normal commanders should be penalized when in command of cossacks, doesn't it normally take double the command points in other Age games? Here they are not, a cossack unit which takes 4 command points is still taking 4 command points when commanded by a Red commander without the Cossack ability, or one with the cossack ability.

Ramseur
Private

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 am

SEPRUS wrote:Patch 1.02 is on its way, perhaps this week-end! It fixes among others things the 'erroneous logic' bug in air battle, plus a lot of events.....

Thank you for keeping us informed. Looking forward to the patch.

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

The Cheka battalions political unit ability does not seem to be working.

The political unit ability is meant to increase the discipline by 1 of all the units in the stack, at the moment it doesn't seem to.

SEPRUS

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 am

Ebbingford wrote:Playing as the Reds in the long campaign I have just had the message

"Bolcheviks have received a new Red General"

However, when I click on this it doesn't take me to him.
Shouldn't there be a line after this that says "General such and suchov is now awaiting a new command", this will then take you to him when the message is clicked on?
I don't think I have had a new general arrive in the game this turn anyway. The only ones I can find are attached to partisan groups in the Ukraine.

On another note I don't think the Cossack ability is working properly.
Cossack units have the Cossack ability and some leaders have the Cossack Commander ability. From this I would imagine that normal commanders should be penalized when in command of cossacks, doesn't it normally take double the command points in other Age games? Here they are not, a cossack unit which takes 4 command points is still taking 4 command points when commanded by a Red commander without the Cossack ability, or one with the cossack ability.

To be confirmed by the people in the team that delve into historical data, but I think here this is not a problem of command tag, but of area of operations. Units (leaders or not) outside the historical area of deployment of cossacks are penalized, and that's it... no particular CP problem.

Ebbingford

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Shouldn't the two abilities, Cossack and Cossack commander, then have a tooltip that says they are penalised when outside whatever region it is?

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:48 am

SEPRUS wrote:
Clovis is not part of the RUS Team, but is a volunteer. We appreciate dearly what he has done so far to improve the AI on many scenarios, although the engine AI, Athena, is quite good even without scripted improvements. As for Drang, Clovis is not interested anymore to work on it, which is his complete right, so we will see among the official team who can work on this scenario.

And from the 1.02 the AI will not be mine, either because SEPRUS will have modified my work, or, at the contrary, modified the game rules without adapting the AI to this new parameters. So, whatever the case, AI performance from the 1.02 will be only the result of the SEPRUS work. My own work is elsewhere on the net now :)

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

SEPRUS

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:13 pm

We will make sure to not do changes that would render void your work, or if this is the case, we will indeed adjust it to the new standard.

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm

SEPRUS wrote:We will make sure to not do changes that would render void your work, or if this is the case, we will indeed adjust it to the new standard.

Sure. :) So don't forget to adapt AI to the new RGD rules because it's not the case in 1.02 for now ;)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”