GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Murmansk Railway

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I made several attempts to transport something over the Murmansk railway. But even after five turns the rail still does not make any progress .. the remaining time is frozen around 22days .. I am beginning the feel there is something wrong with the tracks!

Clovis

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:I made several attempts to transport something over the Murmansk railway. But even after five turns the rail still does not make any progress .. the remaining time is frozen around 22days .. I am beginning the feel there is something wrong with the tracks!

Which side has the Military control of the regions? You need at last 25% of MC to use rail in a region
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:41 pm

The railway (from Murmansk to Segezha) has no military control because it's off the map!

I can relate to the same problem which exists along the Archangelsk - Kolocha rail, because I can take control of the rail with forward stacks ( I will need 5-10 turns for that ).

Realistic - I can accept all those problems with the railways for historic reasons, it's just not obvious when you begin playing.

Alexor
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:03 pm

I had the same problem and don't understand the reason.
On the 1st turn i had the Brits walk to Segezha and control the city but then I still couldn't send troop from Murmansk by rail.
The 22 days would show no matter what. Is it a bug?

Clovis

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

OK. We will check that.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Alexor
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Actually now that I think of it, it's not because I occupy the city of Segezha that I have more than 25% military control over the region. It's probably why I can't use the rail from Murmansk...

OneArmedMexican
General

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 pm

I am pretty sure, it is not a bug: I thought there was a problem at first, too. However, after aquiring sufficient control of Segezha and repairing the torn railway in that region it worked just fine (the Greens just love to do damage).

Cat Lord

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:10 am

Be also careful that on the "supply" filter map, the "broken railway" icons currently don't appear, so you really have to hover the mouse on the "broken" railway to verify if it's broken or not. I was caught several times by this problem, and I really would like to see it fix. :D

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Bertram

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:24 am

I had the same problem - till I noticed the railroad is "broken' in the town it arrives in. Repair it and you can transport stuff.

The problem is that the "broken railroad" icon is displayed beneath the town icon, so it is very difficult to see.

Cat Lord

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 am

Bertram wrote:I had the same problem - till I noticed the railroad is "broken' in the town it arrives in. Repair it and you can transport stuff.

The problem is that the "broken railroad" icon is displayed beneath the town icon, so it is very difficult to see.
Ha, we can fix that.

Can you confirm it was the original problem please ?

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Bertram

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 pm

I don't know which "you" you are referring to :) .

I noticed that in each demo game (3 times now) I had to repair the railroad in the town the Murmansk troops arrive in - so I strongly suspect this is the reason for the trouble.

GlobalExplorer, con you confirm if this is the case in your game(s)?

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 am

The towns name is Segezha, and I can now confirm that the railroad is destroyed. Indeed it was practically impossible to spot this because the symbol almost completely disappears under the town graphic. I didn't spot it, and I think I understand now that this was the problem.

So it is all down to a simple coordinate. Problem solved, if the developers are so nice and promise to fix it in the next patch :sourcil:

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”